Chapter 100: Dinner and a Show
211 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 100:

Dinner and a Show

Third story balcony overseeing a large garden. A mazelike pattern of hedges, bushes, trees, and flowers. Stone walkways twisted and turned, leading the way through the beautiful scenery. Several gazebos and ponds accentuated the beauty of the vast expanse below where we sat. It all converged on a fountain in the center more beautiful than the one at the entrance to the manor.

Its grand marble structure was elegantly designed in a trio of dancing women. They appeared to be of ancient Greek origins with their attire. Their hands pressed against together in the center, with their free hands stretched upwards. Elevated at different positions, they were elevated by waves of water made of the marble the fountain was made from. From their outstretched hands poured the clearest of water.

It was an incredibly gorgeous view. Sadia and I stood there, marveling at it. Even though I had explored some of the manor, it had been a bit difficult seeing it properly from the sky. From this vantage point, it was breathtaking.

"I'm not dreaming, am I?" I asked in awe.

"I was thinking the same," Sadia responded, and I felt her hand against my lower back, "Well...you feel real."

"Y-Yeah..." Blushing lightly, I stood closer to her, and in response she held my waist and pulled me closer, "This is...wow."

"I know, right?" Alana leaned against the edge of the banister, giving me a heart attack as I felt like she'd go straight over the edge, "Hehe, don't worry, Uncle. I'm alright."

She smiled as she looked back to me, as I had exclaimed in fear and attempted to take a step forward before she stepped back from the edge. Taking a deep breath, I could only shake my head and smile.

"You're still afraid of heights, huh?" She teased, brushing up to my side as she made her way around me and Sadia.

"I mean...Yeah," I admitted bashfully, "I'm alright inside after a while...but, being out here in the open? No chance."

True to my word, I was at least several feet away from the banister. The only chance I'd have in getting close was if I was by myself, or if someone I trusted held me tightly. Looking up at Sadia, she motioned towards the banister. "Well...I do trust her." Cautiously, I nodded.

Making our way closer, the view became even better. Her hand on my waist tightening as I clung to her. The vertigo setting in. Closing my eyes, I took several breaths to calm the spinning of the world. Opening them, I found that the view was, in fact, better.

"Are you alright?" Sadia asked softly.

"Y-Yeah..." Despite saying that, my hands clung to her clothing, "But..."

"Want to go back?" She laughed lightly as I nodded.

Making our way back, a table was waiting for us. Sitting down, I was able to get my bearings. I took the seat next to Scarlett, her smile as relaxing as always. Reaching a hand up to her face, she smiled even more, pressing her face against my palm.

"I've missed you," I told her, leaning in to give her a kiss, much to her delight as she giggled.

"I missed you too, Alex," She cooed, leaning into me as I hugged her close.

"Have you had fun with the girls?" I asked.

"Mhm!" She nodded, readjusting herself in her chair to allow me to settle myself.

Caressing her head, I smiled lovingly, happy that she had a good time. Everyone got along wonderfully. It made me quite happy.

Soon, Cecelia arrived with my mother-in-law, of whom greeted us all. Cecelia striding straight to me, taking me in an embrace. "Ah...I've missed this." Taking in her scent, I was soothed. Sitting down on the opposite side of me than Scarlett, Cecelia held my hand as food was served.

Mother next to Cecelia, and finally the food was served. Honeyed ham, meat pies, fruits, a chef's salad, wine, juice, or milk for a drink, and so many desserts. Truth be told, it was like a buffet with all the different kinds of food. I could hardly keep up with it all, but it was incredibly delicious.

"Great food...even better company." Taking everyone in, I felt the love in my heart, and I was content. "Truly...this can't get any better."

-----

I was wrong.

After dinner, we sat around conversing with each other over some tea. The sun setting brought with it darkness, but here on the balcony we were illuminated in a soft light. That light came from elegant lamps shaped after ancient designs. With the vines and other greenery decorating the balcony, it felt like I was transported to an ancient vineyard.

Everyone was enjoying themselves. Rosa and Alana were looking up at the stars, which even with the lights of the balcony, shone in the sky, twinkling like diamonds. Scarlett hung to my arm, her head resting against my shoulder as she hummed happily. Cecelia held my hand as she conversed with her mother and Sadia. Everything felt just...right.

Then, one of mother's attendants leaned into her ear, whispering something I didn't quite hear. Her eyes went wide as she smiled mischievously.

"Wonderful!" She exclaimed as she clapped her hands, "Everyone! To your positions!"

"Wh-What's going on?" I asked as everyone began standing up.

"Come, my dear," Cecelia smiled, pulling me up, "You'll see."

Taking me by the hand, she led me to a staircase I didn't see before. A little ways past a latticework vine wall, there were steps leading down to a lower, smaller balcony. One with an even better view of the garden. The lights began to dim in the mansion as we neared the steps.

"This way," Cecelia whispered, smiling that beautiful, brilliant smile.

Alana and Rosa dashed on ahead, excited for something I had no idea of. "...Another secret?" Sighing, I felt a bit annoyed, but all that changed as I heard a whistling go up in the air. This was followed by a loud explosion which caught me off guard as I stepped back suddenly.

Sadia's hand was there, her face smiling as I looked back, illuminated by the explosion. A colorful blue. In the light, the features of her face seemed to enhance. "...Beautiful."

But that's when I realized...Fireworks. Fireworks were going off. Another one, whistling into the air as a burst of red and green exploded forth. I watched with eyes wide as another one, purple this time, exploded nearby. They all came from somewhere in the garden.

"Surprise, my love," Cecelia said, each explosion illuminating her face.

"Stunning..." I found myself thinking as her features were also accentuated. Scarlett held my arm tightly, a large grin over her face as she watched me.

"Alex likes?" She asked, to which I nodded, only increasing her joy, "Sit! Sit!"

Ushering me to sit on the steps, Cecelia sat on my right, with Scarlett on my left. Sadia sat behind me, positioning me between her legs. With the three of them so close, I felt cozy. Snuggling up to them all, I watched in wonder as more fireworks exploded in the air. So many different colors and patterns, it was breathtaking.

Alana and Rosa sat a step below us, happily watching as they marveled at the sight as well. Mother sat with her attendants nearby, smiling as she enjoyed the show with the rest of us.

"This is...wow," I found myself incapable of any words.

"We missed the fireworks for New Year's," Sadia explained, "And so..."

"We all decided to do this," Cecelia finished, snuggling up close to me, "It was Alana's idea, but one we all quickly agreed with."

"Ha...leave it to her," I smiled, watching her point and laugh along with Rosa at the colorful explosions, "...I love her. She deserves this as much as I do. As we all do."

"Yes," Sadia held me to her from behind, "It was a lovely idea, and with us coming here...Cecelia arranged it all with her mother."

"You did?" Turning my head towards Cecelia, she smiled lovingly at me.

"Of course," She said it as if it was something simple, but for her I guess it was, "I want you to enjoy your life...this is the least I can do. Happy New Year, my love."

"Happy New Year's, Daaarling~" Scarlett purred.

"Happy New Year's, dear," Sadia said warmly.

"...Thank you," I said softly, leaning in to kiss her gently, "Truly...All of you. Happy New Year's."

In short order, I gave Scarlett and Sadia both a kiss as well. I found myself in their embrace as the light show before us continued. "Ha...I guess it did get better." With the lights illuminating the night, I decided that this was the best moment I have ever had in my life, minus meeting Cecelia or Alana being born, of course. Those moments would always live on in my heart at the top, but this? This joined them on the list.

-----

Ah...fluffy chapters. Makes me feel warm and tingly inside.

More chapters to come once they're finished, but wanted to share at least these last three before I get busy.

Next Chapter has Smut/spice in the second half.

3