Chapter 105: I’m Glad You’re Here
169 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 105:

I'm Glad You're Here

My life at the Manor was more than I could hope. I spent so much time with everyone that I couldn't find time for myself. Something they began to notice as I was left to my own devices after a while. I would explore, Sadia at my side, but I often found myself drifting back to everyone. Life just felt too empty without them.

Now that I was so used to everyone, I really didn't feel that drained. They never forced me to do anything I didn't like, and always took care of me. Mother was amazing, her smile and kindness made me understand just where her children got it all from, as I was sure they received nothing from their father.

This was even more evident in Scarlett. She was the one most affected by that bastard, yet she grew into an amazing woman. No matter her quirks, she was a light in the dark that all could aspire to be. Kicking her feet happily as we rode in the car, her head rested against my shoulder as we flew through the air. Not a single terrible thought in her head.

"Perhaps there was something he gave them..." Placing my head upon the top of her head, she smiled, making happy noises. "It's the gift of life...and that they will never be like him." Caressing Scarlett's hair, I marveled at how wonderful she was.

"Are you enjoying the ride?" I asked softly, to which she nodded enthusiastically.

"Mhm," Leaning back more against me, her eyes became quite clear, "Alex...thank you."

"For what?" I asked, rather confused, "I haven't done anything lately..."

"Exactly," Her smile turned warm, "You've been wonderful. Just letting me be me...just as we let you be you."

"Well...of course," I stated obviously, "Why wouldn't I? I love you for who you are, but what brought this about?"

"Just thinking," She giggled, turning around to face me, her eyes staring deeply into mine, "I never thought I'd be here...As happy as I am."

"...Same," I whispered, much to her delight.

Reaching up a hand to her cheek, she pressed her face against it, closing her eyes as she smiled happily. I pulled her in, and she allowed it. Our lips meeting in a rather sensuous kiss before she collapsed against me, her head nestling into my neck.

"Am I too weird?" She muttered, a sadness to her voice.

"Ha, if you are, then I definitely am," I teased, but felt the seriousness of the situation as I hugged her to me, "But no...You're not. People may say so, but they don't know you. Fuck them."

"Hehe, I'd rather fuck you," She giggled, teasing back as a blush entered my face.

"S-Scarlett!" I admonished jokingly, "Come on now..."

"I mean it though," She whispered, "I would have no one else..."

"...I know," Tightening my arms around her, I held her close, "I really don't-"

"Nuhuh!" Her head popped up as she booped my nose, "Not going to hear that!"

"But-" I attempted to speak, but was met with a kiss.

She pressed herself against me, ensuring I didn't get a word in edge wise. As she let go, I was left breathless. Resting her hand lightly upon my chest, she looked up at me with the most illegal puppy dog eyes. Full of tenderness, love, and pleading.

"You deserve just as much as everyone, if not more," She said softly, "I know you don't agree, and it's hard to accept...Trust me, I know."

"She does, doesn't she?" I forgot how similar we both were, but to me she had the worst of it. As if reading my thoughts, as they always seemed to do, she furrowed her brow.

"Don't compare..." She pouted, resting her head against my chest, "I love you, Alex. Thank you for caring so much about me. Just...don't forget to think about yourself."

"Well...then..." Grabbing her chin gently, I tilted her face up to me once more, "I want you...I want you happy. I am happy with you. You make me happy. I think about myself, but Scarlett. I love you as well. So, of course I'd think of you before me, but that's why you're here, right?"

"Heh...right," She smiled as I pulled her up for another, deeper kiss.

I poured all my love and affection into it. Resting my other hand in the small of her back, I pulled her closer. Feeling her against me, her soft skin, her fit body, her hand as it curled into a fist as she held my clothes. Everything about this moment as she simply seemed to melt into me was perfect. As I finally let go, it was her who was breathless this time, a light blush to her face.

"...Wow," She breathed, resting back against me, "You love me that much, huh?"

"Of course," I acknowledged, slightly embarrassed as I looked out of the window, "You're all precious to me, I feel almost guilty."

"Don't," She laughed lightly, "We all love you, and no one will harm you nor get in your way."

My heart raced at the deadliness in her tone, something I realized long ago that I was a sucker for. The car moved through the air smoothly, just the two of us. Our destination? Julius's school, the Ellis Academy.

-----

As confident as Alex gets, he still has issues. Mental health isn't always easy to get rid of, and that's why they remind him. All of them. He tries his best, but it rises to the surface even in the best of times. That's why Scarlett knew what he was going to say. I think it's really sweet how Scarlett just knows and acts accordingly. Both glad that the other is there.

1