Chapter 109: A Call of Urgency
157 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 109:

A Call of Urgency

Life had never been better. I had three beautiful women who loved me, and two girls who I cared for that made my day brighter than ever. A brother, although a tsundere, was a kind and warm individual. A mother who loved me and invited me in even with her reservations.

The world was going to know my name as the one who tamed the might Grand Duchess of the Ishikawa-Alden Corp, but the tabloids would always say what they wanted. For now, I was content to be her husband and lover. The object of her obsession.

Bodies fell left and right when she was around me. Our lives could never be happier, and thus came a chilling moment when I received a call. Rather, Cecelia received a call. It was near the end of spring, our lives living in the Manor settled for everyone.

Alana was more outgoing than ever, and Rosa was ever by her side. Their first kiss finally happened. Something I wasn't supposed to see. In the gardens of roses, a maze of hedge-like flower bushes, I was enjoying a walk with Sadia when I heard something.

Investigating, I saw that it was Alana and Rosa sitting on the stone edge of a fountain. Alana's hand held in Rosa's as she leaned in against her. Their faces blushing as Rosa's surprised eyes closed in contentment. As they finished, Alana noticed me and immediately went beet red.

Rosa was a complete mess as they tried to explain, but both Sadia and I would hear none of it. The only thing that mattered was if they were happy, and they were. Alana hugged me tightly, thanking me for always being there for her and not saying anything earlier to Rosa.

Rosa was shocked to hear that Alana had liked her for a while, but was over the moon when she learned it. The two have been together now for a couple weeks and doing well. Which is why the fact I had to call Alana to talk to her, even more disheartening. Her mother was awake.

----

"So...She woke from her coma?" Alana asked softly, Rosa holding her hand in comfort.

"Yes," I nodded, "Cecelia informed me the doctors had called her. The first thing she asked was where you were...Even before asking where she was."

"Really?" Alana seemed apprehensive.

Reaching over, I placed a comforting hand on her knee.

"I understand, Alana," I tried being as kind as I could, "I'll be there with you, alright?"

"Mhm," Nodding, Alana smiled up at me.

The trip took a while, but it wasn't long before we had arrived in our destination. The hospital she was at was under Ishikawa-Alden jurisdiction. All the best doctors that could be available, along with medical equipment, was here.

I had no idea what to expected as Alana and I headed off. Alana held my hand as we walked inside, everyone else trailing behind. This was our thing to face. Looking back towards all those who came with, I was renewed with strength and vigor.

Holding my head high, Alana and I made our way to her room. Standing before the door, Alana looked towards me and I towards her.

"Are you ready?" I asked softly.

"Not particularly..." She responded honestly.

"Neither am I," I laughed drying, squeezing her hand reassuringly.

Returning my squeeze, we walked towards the door. The sliding sound of it opening ushering us in to a rather large, luxurious hospital room. And there, sitting up in bed staring out the window was my sister. Rather...what used to be my sister. There were changes to her.

The left side of her was replaced with cybernetics. All sleek and new. They looked just like a normal arm, save for the lines of gold tracing along her skin. Her hair was just barely growing back. Her left eye replaced with a cybernetic one. Its bionic blue in start contrast to the hazel of her right.

She turned towards us, a sad smile curling her lips. She looked better than she did before, minus the modifications that took up half her body, but she was still my sister.

"Alex...Alana," She spoke softly, slightly modulated, "I should have known you'd come with her."

"Of course," I answered, looking towards Alana who stood frozen before her mother, "She means a lot to me...I wouldn't let her do this alone."

"No, I guess you wouldn't..." Dolores sighed, looking away for a moment before back at us, "Alana...I'm sorry, I-"

"Why?" Alana asked, interrupting her, "Why are you sorry?"

I could feel the pain in Alana's voice, and it tore at my heart.

"For...everything," Dolores responded, exasperated as she looked on with sad eyes at her daughter, "I left you alone so often...I said such terrible things, and then I...I..."

Her entire body went rigid as her mind went somewhere else.

"Dolores..." I called out softly, her head turning towards me, but not seeing me, "Are you...alright?"

"...No," She answered softly, her eyes finally focusing, "Which is why...I wanted to talk to Alana, if you could-"

"Uncle stays," Alana said defiantly, "He stays, or I leave."

"Alana..." I called to her gently.

"Uncle, please..." She begged, gripping my hand tightly.

"It's alright, Alex," Dolores smiled, nodding, "Please, stay. This...kind of includes you."

"Kind of?" I asked as I moved in closer, taking Alana with me.

"Yes...It does," Dolors held the sheets of her bed tightly in her hands, "First, I want to apologize to you. All the times you tried to help, I just-"

"Don't," I shook my head, "You don't have to apologize. We can't change the past...only our present and future. I love you, Dolores. You're my sister...I protect my family."

Her eyes passed over me, and over Alana. She seemed to take everything in as she nodded.

"Yes...I suppose so," Reaching out a hand to Alana, she beckoned her close, "Alana...can you come here please?"

Looking up at me for direction, I nodded, motioning towards her mother. Hesitantly, Alana reached out. Taking her hand, Alana was pulled in for a hug as Dolores began to cry.

"I thought I lost you..." Dolores whispered, "I never wanted this for you...I was a horrible mother. Everything that happened to me I-"

"Mother..." Alana interrupted, the tears beginning to form in her own eyes as the embrace was too much for her to bear any longer. Her brave face dropping, "What they did...it wasn't your fault, you..."

Both became sobbing messes, as I was just the observer. I was too afraid to interrupt. I felt like if I got any closer, Dolores may have issues, even if I was her brother. I knew what trauma could do.

As they pulled themselves from each other, I brought two chairs for us to sit in. Alana sat down, then me as we looked towards Dolores.

"Alex," Dolores spoke softly, "There's something I want to ask of you..."

"What is it?" I cautiously asked.

"Alana looks better...healthier," She smiled, gazing at her daughter, "Is that your doing?"

"Partly," I sighed, holding Alana's hand, "There were others...My, uhm...wife."

Dolores didn't seem as shocked as I expected. Something began to spin in my head as I explained everything. Though she seemed to nod along, it was like she already knew.

"You've been busy," Dolores said, her tone becoming serious, "Then, I want to change what I was going to ask..."

"Dolores, what is it?" There was something in the pit of my gut that screamed at me.

Dolores had called us urgently, and we rushed over. What is it that she wanted to ask? I had explained almost everything that had happened, even letting her know of the "arrest" of those responsible. It was no solace to her to know they were killed, but she was grateful they'd never harm another.

"Alex..." Dolores met my gaze firmly, "Please, adopt Alana."

-----

0