Chapter 111: A Shrine Visit
179 4 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 111:

A Shrine Visit

It was several months since Alana became my daughter. Our family grew, and she now called me father. She said that it was hard not doing so before, since I was more of a father to her than anyone. She even came to calling Cecelia mother, which was odd at first, but soon came to be normal.

Peace fell over us. I lost track of the days as summer approached, for I didn't need to know when it was. I just needed to know I woke up every day to the family I loved. My brother and parents both sent their regards when they heard about the adoption. They said it was long time coming. I couldn't be happier.

Our lives were uneventful, save one thing. We moved again shortly after the adoption. A mansion in the countryside of Japan. The family goes every year to honor their ancestors. It was a beautiful mansion made to blend into the surrounding woods. A very delicate, slender design that held with it an aura of tranquility.

Tonight, was a festival. I waited with Julius in our yukata's that were personally made for us. It was awkward at first. I felt so out of place, but I eventually came to terms that it wasn't a bad thing. We were currently waiting for the girls.

Right on time, the door opened and out walked the most gorgeous sight I ever saw. I felt Julius's hand under my chin as he closed my mouth. "Th-That's embarrassing..." But I couldn't help it. Cecelia stood tall amongst them all. A deep crimson and black yukata with red spider lily design. Her hair done up and pierced with a jade hairpin. She held a fan of the same color and design as her Yukata. Her eyes were striking.

The fabric clung to her body just right, every curve accentuated, yet hidden. A strange allure that drew me in. The others weren't far behind. Sadia, a dark green with white flowers embroidered in. Her hair was done in a beautiful side braid, decorated with flowers. She also carried a fan of the same color and design.

Scarlett wore a dark blue yukata with pink flowers embroidered along it. It spoke to her serene presence as she skipped her way over to me. Carrying a fan hung to her wrist of the same type as her yukata. Her hair hung loose, brushing her shoulders. Alana and Rosa walked out together. They were inseparable.

Alana wore a beautiful pink yukata with red flowers. Rosa wore the opposite which was a red yukata with pink flowers. Their hair done up in a similar style as Sadia, a beautiful side braid. Alana's fell to her right, and Rosa's to her left. Just like the day they first met. "Ha...adorable."

The only one not present was mother. She decided to stay behind and let "Us Kids" have fun. She would pay respects later. The festival being held was one of celebration for the summer. We found ourselves celebrating, because that's when the Ishikawa-Alden Family remembered their predecessors.

Julius nudged me as I noticed they were all waiting for me to say something. Scarlett hanging off my arm as she looked expectantly up at me. Alana and Rosa shifted nervously, and even Sadia played with her hair anxiously. Cecelia simply smirked, raising an eyebrow as she waited.

"S-Sorry..." I blushed, looking between all of them, "I just...my words were lost for a moment upon seeing you all. Everyone looks amazing."

They all seemed rather pleased at my words, with Sadia blushing rather demurely. Scarlett giggled, while Cecelia cupped my chin. The girls, Alana and Rosa, both looked at each other happily.

"And you, my dear..." Cecelia leaned in for a kiss, "Look quite dashing."

"Th-Thank you..." I smiled bashfully, and together we all made our way into town.

-----

As with everything, an outing wouldn't be complete with someone trying something. The crimson spray so familiar to me decorated the nearby leaves of bushes. A man, too belligerent in his drunkenness splashed his alcohol all over us as we walked the path up to the shrine.

The distant sounds of the festival further down the hill. Those he was walking with stepped up to defend him. Apparently, he's some big deal in Japan, but to us he was nothing more than a nuisance. Alana and Rosa turned me from the scene as they knew of my stomach, and knew I'd not want them to see.

The fight erupted in a moment but was over even before then. The sounds of the men now nonexistent. My gaze went up to Cecelia who came to stand by my side. Nothing was out of place on her...save that familiar red on her cheek.

"Ha...Even after all this time," Reaching into my yukata, I pulled out a handkerchief I always kept on me, "Bend down, love."

Obeying with a blush on her cheek, I wiped the blood from her face, and as I turned to replace it, noticed that Sadia was the same. Her eyes kept glancing over to me, completely shy. With a nudge from Cecelia, I simply shook my head as I grabbed the color of Sadia's yukata and pulled her gently down.

"Come here..." I smiled affectionately as she blushed, "Honestly...you are so bold, yet get so shy. Adorable."

"Same to you, love," She teased as she presented her cheek to me.

Cleaning her face, I placed a kiss on it as she stood back up with a smirk on her lips.

"Scarlett's clean~!" Scarlett proclaimed as she giggled, making her way up to me.

"Good job," I praised, petting her on the head, much to her joy, "Come on...it's not too much farther, right?"

Cecelia shook her head as she wrapped her arm around mine. Together, we finished the journey to the top.

-----

Before the shrine we stood. A testament to the ancient days. A time when so much was different. Coins were hardly used anymore, but for this we all brought some. This visit was just a tradition, with the real visit being in another day. It was tradition to visit a public temple to pray before visiting the ancestors later.

As I tossed my coin in, bowed twice, run the bell, then clapped twice. As I held my hands together, I prayed. I wasn't exactly religious, but if there was something out there, then I hoped it looked down on us favorably. Despite all that, I found myself praying.

"Thank you. Thank you for bringing Cecelia into my life, and all the love she has given. I don't know if it was karma or some greater power. I hope you take no offense. I ask that you see my family healthy and happy in the years to come. Cecelia, Scarlett, and Sadia...the three loves of my life. They changed me for the better, and each day I get happier. Alana and Rosa are a delight. Alana, my daughter...adopted, but still. Rosa, one day, will also be my daughter, though I consider her as such already."

Looking around, I saw everyone else praying as well, and so I finished.

"Look out for them. I hope they are happy, and continue to be so. I am Alexander John Williams Ishikawa-Alden, and before all the gods and spirits today...I vow to always love them. To protect them with all that I am to the best that I can do. If all else fails...I know I am protected. They are strong. See that they remain so."

I finished the prayer with everyone in silence, and soon found our way back to enjoy the rest of the festival in peace.

-----

The next couple chapters will see the end of this story. There's not much story left to tell. I may, in the future, do short snippets of the various killings Cecelia has done in the time between these events, or even in the future. Sort of like episodic one-offs.

There's one big plot point/reveal coming up, so look forward to that.

And above all, thank you for making it all this way. I hope it doesn't seem too abrupt. Look forward to other stories I may release. ^_^ <3

1