Chapter 112: A Photoshoot
153 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 112:

A Photoshoot

"Come here, love," Cecelia called to me, her hand out in longing.

My heart ached for her, and I came as was called. My nerves were wracked with anxiety, but in her embrace, as my hand touched hers, I felt it all wash away.

"Look only at me," She whispered, holding my chin in her hand she tilted my face to look up at her.

She held me with her other arm, her hand in the small of my back as she pulled me to her. I reached up to her cheek, affectionately holding her. My other hand fell on her hip, feeling her beneath the sleek dress she wore. A plunging neckline, long sleeves, and a flowing skirt with a leg slit. White in color, it was elegant and sexy.

She wore the necklace I bought her, along with the bracelet. She never took them off, save for when she slept or showered. The utmost care always went into maintaining them. It warmed my heart yet was a bit embarrassing. I was just happy she liked it.

The sound of a shutter, the flashing of lights. I gazed into her beautiful eyes. Their hues of orange and red were mesmerizing as I felt the heat of her body even through the clothes we wore. I wore a sleek shirt with a high collar. Black, with matching dress pants. They were comfortable, made of nice, breathable material.

It fit to my body nicely, without being too constraining, and without being too loose. The perfect fit. My hair tied back in a high ponytail, her hair fell free, cascading down around her shoulders. The sound of more shutters, the flashing of more lights.

"Alright!" A woman called, "Let's all take a break. Photos are looking good."

Letting out a deep breath, I fell into Cecelia's embrace as she smiled proudly down at me.

"You did well," She whispered, escorting me back to our chairs, "I'm happy you did this with me."

"Well...when you ask, how could I refuse?" I smiled, squeezing her hand tenderly, "You're a model, and I'm...well, not."

"Nonsense," She dismissed as we sat down, "You're dashing, handsome. Definitely model material."

"Ha...Love, please," I musingly replied, "While your opinion is one of only a few opinions that matter to me...they are still your opinions."

"Dear, I do have eyes," Leaning against me, she laid her arm around my shoulders lightly, "You are good looking. Maybe not conventional, but...I don't care about that. More people need to realize the beauty in all things."

"Well, you're definitely beautiful," Kissing her lightly on the cheek, I relaxed back into our seats and looked around.

A stunning studio with many people walking around. Some looked at screens, others muttered amongst themselves. This photoshoot was for a magazine. My wife was many things, and a model was one of them. I didn't think I was on par with a model, but she had asked if I wished to take the photos with her.

She had asked, and so I said yes, even as my nerves screamed at me. "For her...I'd do anything I can." My anxiety was high, but she knew just how to ease it. I was a part of this life, and she wanted it to be known. This particular article was on fashion that worked for everyday events, as well as marriage. Thus, the contrasting black and white.

Honestly, I really loved the outfit. It was comfortable, and something I might actually wear compared to my usual loose shirts and sweatpants. I was a bit uncomfortable with Cecelia showing so much skin, but I knew that it was inevitable. So, I didn't mind too much. After all, it was I who really had her. Let them look, I know what I had.

"...waste of materials," Words picked up in conversation pricked at my ears.

Focusing in, I tried to hear what was being said.

"Honestly, what was she thinking?" A man's voice intoned, "I know he's her husband, but..."

"I know," A woman agree, and I could just feel their head shake, "It's a disgrace to the brand...there are plenty of models out there, and he's..."

They trailed their words off as they passed by. Some light laughter was heard as I took a breath.

"Love..." Cecelia intoned quietly, "I'll be back. Stay here."

Looking towards her, I saw that look in her eyes. It stopped my heart dead in its track as I placed a hand over hers lovingly.

"...Try not to get dirty," I smiled teasingly, "We still have more photos to take."

Giving me a knowing, smug smile, she brushed my cheek with her hand before heading off. I sat there, leaning back as I tried to relax. "I really am used to this now, aren't I?" Her murderous tendencies never really phased me, and now I talk about them so casually.

"E-Excuse me, Mr. Alden?" A woman's voice called, drawing my attention.

A woman in her early thirties, brown hair tied in a neat bun with glasses hiding soft blue eyes. Her olive skin was flawless, holding warm undertones. She smiled kindly as she interrupted my thoughts. Wearing beige blouse and long brown skirt, she was the director of the shoot.

"Ah, Miss..." I felt a bit ashamed that I forgot her name.

"Sophia," She helped me remember kindly.

"Right, Miss Sophia, Sorry," I smiled awkwardly.

"No," She laughed lightly, shaking her head, "Just Sophia. Miss sounds so...old."

"Fair enough," I chuckled, "So...what's up?"

"Well, I was just hoping we could go over some photos?" She brought out a small, black rectangle with silver lines.

As she presented it, a light shot out as it presented several of the photos, floating in the air. She began to enthusiastically go through them as I agreed. To my surprise, they were amazing. "I never knew I could look like that..." One by one, we went through some photos and chose some that I liked.

She seemed really enthusiastic and gushed about the chemistry between me and Cecelia. Of course, that was to be expected of two people who loved each other as we did. Still, to hear someone else say it that was outside of my circle felt nice. I passed the time talking about the various pictures and upcoming set that we'd be taking.

This one would be outdoors, and so we'd be going to a set outside with a gazebo next. However, as we talked, I began to wonder just where Cecelia was. "She shouldn't be taking this long..." Worry began to enter my heart. I knew she could handle herself, so just what was going on?

Sophia was saying something, pointing to one of the pictures, but I didn't register it. My thoughts on Cecelia. Only when a hand on my shoulder drew my attention to her arrival did I find myself relaxing. Immediately, I looked her over with my eyes for any marks, blemishes, or otherwise injuries.

"Good..." I whispered, sighing as I saw nothing out of place.

The worry in my heart ached, and I knew I had to do something to relieve it. Reaching my hand up, I held the back of her neck, pulling her down to me.

"You didn't get the dress dirty..." I teased, kissing her deeply as I finally felt the worry in my heart disappear.

I could hear Sophia slightly squeal as I kissed Cecelia, and it was kind of adorable that someone was so happy for our relationship besides us. "That's refreshing to hear..." As I released Cecelia, she smirked, looking into my eyes amusingly.

"What was that for," She asked, smiling gently.

"...What took you so long?" I asked, blushing bashfully, "I was beginning to worry..."

"Ah..." She seemed a bit skittish as she averted her gaze for a moment, one of her hands seemed to flinch towards her midsection, but stopped just as quickly, "Sorry, my love. I was being careful, so I didn't get dirty. You did ask me, right?"

"...I guess I did," I replied, concluding that I had been overthinking, "I'm glad you're back...I missed you."

"Adorable," She said as she stood, "I missed you too. Now that I'm back..."

Looking towards Sophia who held her hands to her mouth in pure joy as she watched us, she quickly collected herself as we went on to the next set of photos. "I still can't believe the entire world will see these..."

-----

Couple timeskips/jumps incoming for the end of the series. Thanks for being here with me through all this.

1