Chapter 113: Birthday
151 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 113:

Birthday

Spring came and went faster than I could have ever expected. Spending time with family, going to Japan. Living there and doing photoshoots with Cecelia. Even did some with Scarlett. They were both models. Even Julius and I did a set together. It was strange, but all my assumptions came true. They were all a family of models.

Not everyone was into the fashion world, or even cared about it. They didn't act, as they had their own business to run. So for the majority of the masses, they were unknown. Still, my name was being whispered among the elite now. They knew Cecelia was married, and they also knew that anyone who dared try to harm me ended up disappearing.

In other words, our lives were peaceful, and as summer hit, we lived within the serenity of our home in Japan. I was feeling rather melancholic as August approached. The 31st was soon, and by soon I meant today. It was early morning, and I was relaxing with a book as rain fell softly against the window of the room. Scarlett and Cecelia were still sleeping.

Looking over to them, I smiled lovingly. There was something going on with them lately. Everyone seemed to have a certain...buzz about them. "I can't pinpoint it, but...something is definitely up." I couldn't fathom what it could be, but I had a feeling I would find out soon.

Lately, I noticed something about Cecelia. I never once saw her sick, but lately she wouldn't feel so great in the mornings, and sometimes at other parts of the day. I was worried, but she told me everything was fine. Still, for someone I thought could never get sick, it was concerning.

I passed the rest of the morning reading, enjoying the beautiful weather. After all, rain was something I loved. It reminded me of the park all those days ago. Rain was comforting for me. I recalled the days I'd meet Cecelia when it rained, and we'd hide inside one of the parks round playground shelter things. I never knew what they were called.

Thinking back, it felt like we were the only two in the world. I feel like I loved Cecelia even back then, but I couldn't be sure. I knew I was happy every time I saw her. It was a memory I was content in remembering. I've been grateful ever since my memories came back.

-----

The girls all prepared a surprise party for me. The melancholy of this day was from a year ago. The day my ex cheated one me. It wasn't long after this that Cecelia came into my life. I was sat down at the table, a cake before me of grand design. Cecelia's hand on my shoulder as she sang along with everyone to the tune of happy birthday.

I found myself content, my heart full of their love. Some of my favorite foods were served. Cheese and meat boards, fruits, and more. Things that were easy. We all sat around together, eating, chatting, and having a good time. Even mother and her attendants joined us.

The biggest surprise, however, was when my father and mother walked in with my brother and his wife. Escorted by our security, they made it safely here from the states. I was pleasantly surprised as I greeted them. Even John II came with them. I was a bit apprehensive, but he seemed to be more well behaved in the time I last saw him.

"This is...wow," I muttered as I sat with Cecelia, her arm draped around my shoulder, "You set this all up?"

"Not just me," She said, taking a drink of some juice, something I noticed lately, as she usually drank wine or champagne, "The others helped as well. Alana was such a dear...Together, we got all your favorite foods."

"She really is amazing..." I was proud of her, as she came so far, and her and Rosa were doing wonderfully, "But, why aren't you drinking?"

"Oh..." She smirked, swirling her drink around as she shrugged, "I just thought I'd cut back a bit. It's what I usually drink. Wanted to try something new..."

"...Right," I raised an eyebrow at her, as by now I knew when something was up, but also knew when not to press it.

"Don't worry, love," Her arm hugged me to her comfortingly, "It's nothing horrible...in fact, it's rather amazing."

Her smile was radiant. I could do nothing but agree with her for now. The pieces in my head were being put together as it was finally time for presents. I didn't need for, nor want for anything. All I wanted, all I had, was here with me. Only my sister was missing, but with her in a facility to help her cope with the trauma she dealt with, it was understandable.

I was given many books I wanted. I always loved the paper feel, and while I could get any book online, there was nothing like a real book in hand. Most of the presents were related to reading, but then came the final present. A small, rectangular box.

It was a beautiful black and gold box with the symbol of the Ishikawa-Alden Family on it. That was curious in and of itself, but what was more was who it was from.

To My Love, The Greatest Light In My life

From, Cecelia, Your Love Always

"Go on," Cecelia whispered, her hand lightly resting on my shoulder as she leaned against me, "Open it."

Curious, and with permission given, I undid the red ribbon tied intricately to the box. For some reason, my heart was beating faster the closer I got to opening to it. My hands hovered over the top of it as my mind began to race. "Just what...what kind of gift could she give me? I have everything, and this definitely can't be a book. It's too small."

Looking around at everyone, I couldn't help but ponder what it was. Everyone looked on in anticipation, with only those who lived with me seeming to know what it was. My wheels were spinning as something was beginning to click. Cecelia took a sip from her juice, motioning for me to open it. Lately, she seemed to glow more than normal.

"No..." I muttered out loud as my brain began to finally work.

I was in disbelief at my own conclusion. The only way to know for sure was to open the box. My heart now beating rapidly in my chest as I took the top off the box. My heart immediately jumped from my chest as everything hit me at once. My emotions overwhelming as Cecelia leaned in close.

"Do you like your present, my love," She whispered, her tender voice washing over me as I looked towards her in shock.

"I-Is this real?" I asked in disbelief, trying to contain my excitement.

"Mhm," She nodded, leaning her head over her hand on my shoulder, a pleased smile on her face.

"What? What is it?" My actual mother urged, "Tell us! Show us!"

I could only stare at what was in the box. Shaking my head in disbelief, the largest smile crossed my face as I looked up at everyone.

"I-I'm going to be a father," My words left my lips and even as I said them, I could hardly believe it, "Alana's going to be a big sister...Ha..."

All those in the know smiled happily, but it was those that didn't which had the biggest reaction. Esmae held her hands to her mouth as tears of happiness formed. My brother's eyes widened as he smiled widely, congratulating me.

My parents looked on in shock, with my mother being the most emotional. They were all happy for me. As Cecelia leaned against me lovingly, I felt like everything was really falling into place. Everything made sense with how Cecelia was acting.

She wasn't drinking alcohol. She was sick in the morning usually, but sometimes throughout the day. Above all, she was being careful whenever she killed. All for our child. Cecelia was pregnant. The best present I could have ever asked for.

-----

Life has never been better for Alex and his family. The future looks bright.

2