Chapter 115: A Year Later (END)
493 8 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 115:

A Year Later

Genetic Modification. A term that was often considered taboo in the past. Yet, in this day and age there were ads for it. "Choose Your Child's Eye Color!" "Decide Your Child's Height!" and even more ads that popped up around the world. All was a way to control the genetics of your child.

All that came from the Ishikawa-Alden's experimentations. They used the public to test, to improve their own bloodline. Of course, the real secret was well-guarded. Only those of the family knew. Anyone their father told was dealt with, and their records purged. Only basic modification was allowed for the public.

It was a secret that I would keep close to my heart, as it was something Cecelia requested of me. I had a heart to heart with everyone. Alana had already agreed, and Rosa of course followed suite. My parents were too old now, and my brother and his family...I wasn't even sure should know.

It was something I could think about for the future and discuss with him, but the only ones Cecelia told before me were Sadia, Alana, and Rosa. Those who were relevant in my life, that and my sister. She, however, denied it. That was one reason she requested me to adopt Alana. She knew even before me.

There was so much going through my head, but all that was pushed aside as we came to the most important event in my life. My Anniversary. The day I met and married Cecelia. September 23rd.

I had woken up early that day to do something myself. I wasn't the best cook, but with the help of Sadia, I was able to create the best bed and breakfast I could. Bacon, Eggs, Pancakes, and some Juice. Cecelia was delighted as I carried in that tray for her in the morning.

"Happy Anniversary, my love," I kissed her gently as she dug into the food.

She ate every single last bit of it, with my help of course. After all, she'd not have me leave without eating with her. Left alone together for the day, we spent the entire morning in bed. She was still insatiable, despite being pregnant, but we didn't do anything intense. Just a simple thank you from her in the form of her mouth. She'd not have me protest.

To my surprise, she had quite a lot planned for us. After morning, we were escorted to a temple viewing as we walked in yukata's along the rivers path. Viewing the trees and everything else as the Fall was upon us. Japan in fall was beautiful. The vibrant colors of all the leaves turning reminded me of Cecelia's eyes.

A wind picking up as she held her hair from blowing wildly. Looking at her, I was stunned. Standing there, her autumn eyes gazing out over the landscape, I found that my entire world was in her. She gazed at the world, but I gazed at her. A year ago, I never thought this would be possible.

I travelled the world, something I always wanted to do. I saw places I never thought possible. I met amazing people, and did amazing things. I had a family who truly loved me, and a woman who was devoted to ensuring my happiness. In so doing, I was devoted to hers.

Hugging her from behind, I rested my head against her arm, as she was too tall to rest my head on her shoulder. A shame, really, and I didn't want her to lean down. After all, she was with child. Our child.

"Love?" She whispered, looking down at me, "What's this?"

"Just...very happy right now," I admitted, smiling softly, "I'm with the most beautiful woman in the world. Surrounded by beautiful scenery. My wife is pregnant with my child. Alana is safe, and for the first time in my life...I am truly happy. In this moment, I don't feel any sadness. I only feel...hope."

Before I knew it, Cecelia had me in her arms, her lips upon mine as she took the breath from me. I was careful not to press to much against her. Perhaps I was a bit too conscious of our child, fearing I'd harm them in some way. A silly notion, really.

"To hear you say that..." Cecelia breathed as she pulled away, gazing deeply into my eyes, "Warms my heart more than anything...I will give this world to you."

"My love..." Wrapping my arms around her, I held her close to me, "You and the girls, Julius as well...and of course the one yet to be born...All of you are my world."

-----

The sounds of crying. Loud and Boisterous. Doubled in their combined efforts. My eyes wide in awe and wonder. I didn't think I would be able to be there. I was afraid my stomach may fail me, but I was with Cecelia through it all.

"Ha...Twins," I couldn't believe it as the doctors swaddled them, handing the two babies to Cecelia.

Motioning me over, we greeted them together. Their auburn hair tinged with hues of blonde. Barely much hair, but still some nonetheless. A boy and a girl. So small, so cute. "Our children..."

Cecelia smiled lovingly up at me, my shaking hands reaching down gently to touch them. Almost as if they realized I was there, their tiny hands gripped my fingers. My heart soared as I watched them.

"They know," Cecelia mused, "That you're their father. Alana's a big sister now."

"Yeah, she really is..." I felt the tears flow from my eyes as I saw this miracle of life, "I really am."

It was early spring now. That night on the balcony with Cecelia in the summer, when we joined in love on the divan watching the stars...these two little ones were conceived. Almost a year later, it was now spring again. I had lived a full year and more with Cecelia.

I was a nervous wreck through it all. She was so vulnerable during her pregnancy, yet it was a fool who would underestimate her. I never thought I'd see a pregnant woman snap a man's neck, but when one upsets her...things tend to get done. That was definitely a thing to see.

Yet now...she just glowed. All of them. With permission, the rest of the family was allowed to come in. Scarlett moved slowly, for she herself was finally showing her own bump as I found out she was also pregnant. Soon, the twins would have another sibling.

My family was growing, and maybe one day me and Sadia would also have a child together. Life could never get better than this. I was surrounded by those I care for, those I loved.

Alana's eyes were bright as she took in her siblings. Holding them gently, she greeted them into this world.

"What should we name them, my love?" Cecelia asked as she watched everyone happily greet the twins into this world, "I'm hoping you have a few ideas."

"I...honestly?" Looking over at her, I did have a few names in mind, but I wasn't sure, "I do, but...I don't know."

"Oh...Do tell," Cecelia teased playfully, curious.

"Well..." Looking towards the twins, their eyes opened to reveal brilliant amber eyes, flecked with blue, "Selene Mitsuki for the girl, and...Vincent Ataru."

"Hmm..." Cecelia mused the names over, "Selene Mitsuki Williams Ishikawa-Alden...and Vincent Ataru Williams Ishikawa-Alden. Not bad, my love."

"So...?" I looked towards her to see if she liked the names or not.

"Selene and Vincent..." Cecelia smiled lovingly at the two children, "Lovely names. Our children..."

Holding her hand, we looked upon Vincent and Selene with love. Their lives would be filled with it. Scarlett was excited, holding them as she introduced them to the baby yet to be born from her. The world was filled with love in this moment.

Thus, my life truly began. I, Alexander John Williams Ishikawa-Alden, am the proud father of Alana, Vincent, and Selene. One yet to be born, and maybe a couple more to come. The proud husband of Cecelia Meredith Williams Ishikawa-Alden, and the soon to be husband of Sadia Mishra and Scarlett Yuriko Ishikawa-Alden. Yes, I was finally engaged to the both of them.

-----

Soon after Scarlett gave birth, we had the wedding. A wonderous event just for our families. Complete with the newly born Jade Kiriko Williams Ishikawa-Alden. Scarlett insisted on the name Jade. I didn't disagree. As she walked down in her beautiful wedding dress, arm in arm with Sadia, the two of them looked absolutely stunning.

Vincent, Selene, and Jade all sat with Alana and Cecelia. They had grown so quickly as fall approached. Even little Jade, the tiny girl she was, sat alert and playful as she gnawed on her blanket. It was the most joyous occasion I could have ever had. My family, together.

The vibrant colors of fall filled the courtyard. I got married on the same day as I had with Cecelia. Scarlett's insistence. I guess it would make it easy to remember anniversaries.

As I stood before the two women, I felt the nerves hit, but their hands upon mine steadied me. Our vows were made, and the attending priest said their words.

"Do you, Scarlett Yuriko Ishikawa-Alden, take Alexander John Williams Ishikawa-Alden..." The priest took a breath, looking at the names upon their screen.

"Just first and last is alright," I laughed nervously, to which the priest nodded thankfully.

"Do you, Scarlett Ishikawa-Alden, take Alexander Ishikawa-Alden to be your loftily wedded husband?"

"Of course~" She smiled happily, simply glowing, "Yes."

"And do you..." They repeated.

"Always, yes," I agreed, staring deeply into her eyes.

"And do you, Sadia Mishra, take Alexander...." The priest did the same routine for us.

"I do," Sadia was radiant as she nodded, smiling shyly.

With everything said, we kissed. First was Scarlett, and then Sadia. There were cheers, and a fine banquet to be had. Cecelia stood by my side, with Scarlett and Sadia near. We ate to our hearts content, celebrating late into the night, and for many days to come. "Yes...this is my life."

Filled with the warmth of everyone around me, I felt the shackles of the past truly slip away.

-----

Alex and Cecelia's story is over for now. It ends where it began, the marriage of unlikely people, yet who are deeply in love with one another.

I thank you all for coming this far, and hope that this summary of events wasn't jarring. I was never great at endings, but I hope this satisfied some of you...well, hopefully all of you. I am very happy to have seen how many people viewed this story, even if they didn't make it this far.

It really warms my heart to know that there are people willing to read my stories. They aren't the best, and I often use simple words/repeat things, but...I do my best to get my story out there, as that's the most important thing.

I may write more in this verse in the future, I already miss it, but for now I am taking a break to clear my mind and perhaps work on other stories. Most likely along the same vein as this. As I love fluff/romance, with a bit of action. Though the next story may be more action heavy/drama, but we'll see. Once again, thank you.

Alex and Cecelia thank you as well, for sharing in their journey and watching their family and love grow. <3

P.s. Idk if this notifies or updates to the "latest" page when I make edits, but if it did, I edited some stuff in this chapter. Nothing major though. One day, I'll revisit this setting and these characters though. <3

4