Chapter 8: Clearing the Land Part III
453 3 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Arc 1: Luxuria

Chapter 8: Clearing the Land Part III

 

In a complete reversal of the situation, it was now Haruki carrying - more like half-dragging with the tall and heavy man draped over his entire body - Monad to safety. After completely disappearing in the nick of danger, Asmo once again made his presence known.

"M-master, are the two of you alright?"

"What do you think?" Haruki stifled the urge to throttle the useless Familiar, but reflecting on his own performance, decided not to be a hypocrite. "There's something off about Monad, can you see what's wrong?"

While Haruki struggled to move in the endless rocky tunnels, Asmo floated behind him and mumbled in a nervous manner. "This is bad news, Master. Asmo thinks Lord Monad is Cursed!"

"Cursed?!" Haruki couldn't help but scream out. "B-but it's a Horned Serpent! It's a powerful Mana-Beast, yes, but there's no way it can learn Darkness Magic!"

Asmo nodded. "Asmo didn't sense it casting spells either! But there's no mistake, Lord Monad is afflicted with a low-level Death spell."

Haruki cursed. A Death spell - one of the most chaotic hexes in the Darkness Magic roster, though its accuracy highly depended on the difference between the caster's and target's Luck. In the game, it was quite derided due to the very low odds of sticking onto the target, but with Monad's current low levels, it was unfortunately a major hit.

Depending on the rank of the spell, it will gradually drain the life force of the victim. Luckily, it was the lowest level, so Monad still had some time before he succumbed to eternal rest. However, to lift the Curse, they needed to kill the caster - to purge the Death spell before it claimed its quarry. And with the fighting force of one Haruki, it was completely impossible.

Still, Haruki was not one to give up. "Are there any other ways we can lift the Death Curse? Aside from killing the Horned Serpent, that is."

Asmo shook its small round body, looking uncharacteristically stern. "Asmo knows slaying the caster is the only way to stop the Curse. Master must hunt down the Mana-Beast!"

Haruki gave a dry laugh, moving towards a bend in the path ahead. "I'd soon have myself killed before I can even land a hit on that huge monster. My Psychic Magic spells can only control it for a split second."

"But Master's abilities will be more powerful if you claim a Consort."

Haruki paused, turning into the flying creature with horror. "Are you saying I should force the unconscious Monad to become my Consort?!"

"Lord Monad will die either way." Haruki was dumbfounded as Asmo spat cruel facts like an unrestrained machine gun. "Asmo thinks he is better off serving as Master's last lifeline in this situation. Otherwise, Master will not be able to flee from the Horned Serpent."

"Asmo…" Was this his true colors? Haruki forgot that despite the creature's childishness, Asmo was still the Familiar of a Demon Sovereign. A Familiar's "loyalty" - it seemed too cold-hearted and savage than what Haruki was accustomed to, seeing those knights pledge their lives to their lords in the movies. Unlike those feel-good shows, Asmo was dedicated to preserving his Master's life no matter the cost; their lives were intertwined after all.

However, Haruki was never born a cold and unfeeling Demon in the first place. "I can't, Monad saved my life…"

"As a Hero should." Asmo hovered in front of Haruki's face, his round, comical eyes almost a shade of the red of spilled blood. "Make no mistake, Master. By forcing the contract of the Carnal Connection on a Hero, you are also risking your life."

"What do you mean?"

"Asmo knows that the odds of success depends on the favorability of the Hero towards Master. With Lord Monad's Affection of 60, there is a 40% chance of failing."

Haruki blanched; the Lust Demon King's Sovereign Ability was a freaking trap! So, this was what the Affection thingy was all about?! Well, it did make sense in hindsight; no one would choose to become another's "Consort" if they did not admire the other. Still, it made him falter, mumbling the next words in almost a reserved manner. "W-what happens if I fail?"

"Master will lose some life force, but Master will not die unless treatment is not given." Asmo spoke with no emotions at all, stating information like an unobtrusive bystander would. Haruki thought, was this the extent of the "System Guide" providing only knowledge and not being a "hindrance"? To not influence the decision of its Master, only to give them the opportunity to make an informed decision?

Haruki breathed in and out heavily. "So, I can lose my life as well."

"Asmo thinks it's worth the risk. Otherwise, Master will not be able to leave the tunnels without alerting the Mana-Beast."

"It's dying either way, huh?" Haruki took a look at the exhausted Monad's face and hardened his resolve. He wouldn't know how this decision would affect the Demon Hero's life, but with either having a restricted life or not having one - the choice was easy, no?

Furthermore, Haruki still needed to thank Monad. He might be two-faced and a little anti-social, but he does know how to repay his debts.

Asmo looked satisfied, eerily reverting back to its cheery chirping without a glimpse of his prior harshness. "If Master has decided to go through with it, then Master must initiate intercourse with Hero!"

"What…?" Haruki thought he must have misheard.

Thinking that his words weren't simple enough, Asmo decided to be more forward. "Master must have sex with Monad!"

"Whaaaaaaat?!"

~

And thus, Haruki was now in the current predicament. He was able to find a small hollow connected to the tunnels, where the open space was wider, and the hard ground was more even. Monad laid unconsciously before him, with the other man's upper body already bare.

Asmo had disappeared some time ago, saying that he was giving the two well-deserved "privacy". The Familiar's unnatural and abrupt changes in demeanor still unnerved Haruki to no end, but he decided to reason it out with "settings" from the higher order that sent the creature to his side. Otherwise, Haruki would spend indeterminate amounts of time theorizing about the round Digimon lookalike's true motivations.

Taking off his robe and inner garment, Haruki now was as half-naked as the Demon before him. But what to do next? Haruki was a virgin; he never participated in the pleasures of the flesh. Heck, he never kissed another person before! Haruki groaned in admonishing self-pity for himself and his future bed partner.

If there was one thing Haruki knew though was that he liked being in the bottom. He did, ahem, tried fingering his ass before, when he was being adventurous when masturbating. So, it wasn't like he was uninformed, he just did not have opportunities to "apply" the knowledge. And since his partner was out of commission, then was it up for him to "ride" the other?

Ah, hell, all his knowledge came from gay porn videos! Haruki sighed heavily, but steeled himself soon, acting like he was taking a difficult college entrance exam.

With the performance of a child that was fearful of being caught doing something naughty, Haruki moved closer to Monad. Biting his lip in frustration, he decided to risk it and sat near the Demon's waist.

Holy, wait, Monad's junior was huge! And that was before he was hard…

To escape a giant serpent and meet another - it was like jumping off from the frying pan and into the fire.

"Lord Haruki, what are you doing?"

Haruki jumped away, shrieking like a scared cat. In response to his undignified actions, the still exhausted looking but now awake Monad gave a soft chuckle.

"If I didn't know you well, I would have thought you were taking advantage of me while I was unconscious."

Haruki controlled his expression and moved back to Monad's side, helping the Demon to sit up with his back on the wall. He wisely changed the topic and showed a concerned look. "How're you feeling?"

"It feels like I will die at any moment," replied Monad, studying the guilt on Haruki's face. "Don't apologize, I did what I should as your servant."

"No, I'm still sorry…" Haruki sighed, his shoulders sagging from both relief and frustration. "We shouldn't have come here. I was too greedy and didn't take the necessary precautions. As a result, you were hurt…"

"My body is well, but my life force is being drained away…" As usual, Monad was perceptive. "I should have been Cursed by a Death spell?"

Haruki gave a small and wry smile. "The Serpent seemed to pick up a few tricks from somewhere. Don't worry, you'll be fine once I kill the Mana-Beast."

Monad shook his head. "I am not doubting your skills, Lord Haruki, but that creature is too powerful. You should escape while you still have the time…"

"What? No, I'm not going to leave you here."

However, Monad was not listening to Haruki's protests. "It was a short second life, but I was glad to have met you, Lord Haruki. I know… You can bring… The Luxuria to new heights…"

"No, don't talk anymore," ordered Haruki, touching Monad's shoulder. "You should save your strength. And no, I'm not the kind of person who would leave his friends to fend for themselves!"

"Friends…" Monad looked melancholic as he gazed at Haruki with unbridled desire. He weakly lifted his arm and put a hand on Haruki's right cheek. "If I had more time, I would have loved to go beyond friendship with you…"

Haruki snorted bitterly. "What a surprise. A flirt even in times of danger. What happened to the gentleman Monad from before?"

Monad responded with a laugh. "I knew there was a biting tongue beneath that dull mask of yours. Really, you are such an intriguing person…"

"And you're weird saying that. I'm known to be very boring."

The Demon continued to chuckle, albeit in a weak manner. When he finally stopped, he gazed meaningfully at Haruki. "You were trying to establish the Consort's Contract between us?"

Eyes widened in shock, Haruki spluttered. "H-how did you know?"

"Asmo had told me," replied Monad. Noticing the writhing anger in the young man's face, he shook his head. "Don't be too harsh on the Familiar; he informed me in case of emergencies like this. If I had taken his role, I would have done the same."

"So you…" Haruki paused in hesitation, wondering how he could sort out his wildly spinning thoughts. "Do you... Do you want to be my Consort?"

"It would be my pleasure," answered the Demon Hero with no doubts on his face. "It's just a shame that I can't move much. I would have liked it for your first time to be memorable…"

Haruki was aghast; for some reason his secret was out. "W-what're you talking about…"

Once again, Monad gave a low chuckle, his voice still husky even when tainted with tiredness. "You can't hide your inexperience from me, Lord Haruki. Though, it's an honor to be your first time…"

Speechless, Haruki could only stare blankly.

Monad coughed in both pain and amusement before adopting a more serious look. "But Lord Haruki, is this truly the only way?"

Haruki went back to earth with the question. "H-huh?"

"The Lord Haruki I knew would adopt the best scenario at all times." Monad had a righteous expression on his face. "Not that I would refuse to be your bed partner, but doing it out of a misguided sense of necessity? I would have preferred it to be as a consequence of our close companionship."

Misguided? But wasn't the Carnal Connection Ability the only way out? Does Monad think there were other options? Haruki was dumbfounded by this discovery.

Monad continued speaking, not minding that Haruki was lost in thought. "Also, this is no place for a Sovereign's first time. To make it more memorable, we should spend at least three nights together. I am very confident of my stamina and-"

"Monad, just wait a second." Haruki interrupted the Hero's tirade, choosing to ignore the implications of the other's words just now. There were more important matters at hand. "You think there is something else we can do…?"

In a very flirtatious manner that only he could muster, Monad wore a smug grin on his face. "You're not the only one with an Ability, Lord Haruki."

23