Chapter 10: Harlux, City of Divine Pleasures
551 4 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Arc 1: Luxuria

Chapter 10: Harlux, City of Divine Pleasures

 

It had been a week since Haruki defeated the Horned Serpent, saved Monad from the Death Curse and acquired a new Mana Vein for his kingdom. And what a busy week it was.

After resting from MP exhaustion for a day, Haruki - with Asmo's persistent urging - quickly got to work. With the remaining resources on hand, he summoned the basic worker unit of the Demon factions - the Demonspawn, or more commonly nicknamed in-game as "Pawns". Unlike the Villager units of the Human race, Demonspawns had some innate combat ability and could be produced efficiently, so they were sometimes sent to the battlefield as, well, "pawns" for players to use.

However, in this world, the Pawns had their own names, personalities and aspirations. They were living, breathing citizens of his kingdom, so naturally Haruki had no intention of treating them as disposable tools. Especially since they showed so much respect and admiration for their Sovereign that they immediately stopped whatever they were doing whenever Haruki made his presence known.

It was frankly a headache, but Haruki pushed the blame on Luxuria's convoluted settings.

Now they had the Demonspawn, work on the Mana Vein mines progressed smoothly. Since it was located underground with only one entrance on the surface, it didn't need much protection, but Haruki made sure that the road to and from the Demonic Den was safe.

With the Devil's Fertility bonus, the kingdom harvested enough Mana ores to supply the few buildings Haruki wanted. Assigning Monad as Chief Builder and City Planner, Haruki asked him to do the building designs, details and locations, only saying he wanted the necessities of a Training Hall, a Blacksmith, a Magicraft Assembly and a few defensive structures such as surrounding Walls and some Ballistae. The rest was left up to the Hero.

Haruki watched from the windows of his study in the Demonic Den as the area transformed into a small bustling city in just a few days. Monad's Rapid Construction Skill really came in handy, thought Haruki.

On the military side, Haruki used up Mana to summon a few Incubi and Succubi to become scouts and guards. The Incubus and Succubus were units unique to the Luxuria faction - they were cheap to build and had some flexible Skills in their arsenal. As Haruki expected, not all of the summoned Demons were created equally; aside from the innate Seduction Skill, they were equipped with varying Skill sets. Haruki picked those with good Strength and Intelligence Stats and combat Skills and had them trained to become soldiers, while those with high Agility and exploratory and mobile Skills were assigned to survey the land and report back every week or so.

Day by day, Haruki made several plans and had Asmo and Monad implement them. Without his notice, a week had passed without rest, but he didn't feel tired at all. Haruki wondered if his newfound Demon constitution was at fault.

Haruki was still wondering to what extent a Demon could not feel physical exhaustion when a knock sounded from the door.

Monad's low voice came from outside. "Lord Haruki, may I enter?"

"Y-yeah." Haruki tried not to choke. Since the two of them had been incredibly busy as of late, they never had the chance to continue their discussion about Monad's intention to become his Consort. Adding to his stress was that the Hero's Affection rocketed ever since their conversation in the caverns, adding a few points almost every day. It was now up to 95, which Asmo was very happy about, but Haruki still had mixed feelings. He quickly took a seat, took some papers from his desk and pretended to be engrossed over it.

Monad entered Haruki's study without much prodding. He was now wearing new clothes that Haruki had the Magicraft Assembly create for him. Haruki based the design on the Hero's in-game appearance, but of course he could not fully replicate the entire thing. Still, some people looked good on whatever they wore, and Monad was definitely one of them.

Monad wore a white sleeveless formal shirt decorated with the blue insignias of the Luxuria faction and over it was a short black cape adorned with one of the Black Wolf furs. The undershirt was simple in design, but for some reason it accentuated Monad's sex appeal, especially with the collar and front placket left open, revealing tanned skin underneath. Below his torso were sleek, black pants decorated by azure gems that were tied around by a silver chain and a pair of polished boots. On his left arm was a silver brace, with an oblong topaz embedded onto it. He wore a silver earring on his right ear shaped like a bull's head - it was one of Monad's distinguishing accessories in the game, so Haruki had rightfully ordered for its creation. Finally, the Hero had a newly smithed spear strapped on his back - the proud first weapon made by the Blacksmith from smelted steel and the spiral tip from the horn of the Mana-Beast that almost took his life.

Speaking of the Horned Serpent, Haruki happily made use of its dead body. Aside from the very high-quality material of its horn, the scales were tough enough to become armor, the large fangs could be turned into weapons and accessories and its meat and blood were good Alchemy ingredients. Only its bones were left alone - Haruki had another use for them.

Haruki knew Monad led the disassembly of the Serpent's carcass - he had great affinity with the Demonspawn who took up blacksmithing and crafting as their tasks - and was here to report on its proceedings.

However, rather than opening his mouth to speak, Monad dropped a small black crystal-like gem on the desk in front of Haruki.

The strong sense of evil Magic inside it caught Haruki's attention. He was almost afraid to touch it. "What is this?"

"We found it embedded inside the Serpent, near its heart," replied Monad in an uncharacteristically somber tone. "I figured it could be the source of the Death spell."

"Near its heart?" Haruki quickly jumped into thinking mode, previous anxieties over Monad's visit gone in an instant. "This can explain that strange Counter Curse phenomenon. If the Serpent was in danger, for example, its heartbeat sped up, then this gem activates and afflicts the nearest target with the Death curse…"

The mysterious Counter Curse Skill with the question marks had baffled Haruki for some time now. It seemed like there was more to the Crowned Horned Serpent than being a naturally developed Mana-Beast.

"Yes, that is plausible," said Monad, a hand on his chin. "It followed the same principles as my Stele, with a specific requirement for activation and a sufficient catalyst for imbuing Magic."

"That means this gem is made from a special material that's similar to your Stone Steles."

Monad shook his head, a wry smile on his face. "My Stone Stele can't be imbued with such a powerful Magic as a Death spell. While it was a low-rank Spell, Darkness Magic is notoriously difficult to control and contain. It can be that the caster is a master at imbuing Magic, but I think we should find some time to consult an expert and have them study this gem."

"You're right," responded Haruki, grabbing the gem and taking a better look at it. The item was an ordinary transparent crystal, though the feeling of intense fear inside it was still very prominent. "There's still some traces of Magic inside, so maybe a scholar or a dedicated Mage can figure out how it works?"

Haruki stayed quiet for a moment, doing some quick calculations on his mind. He then sighed heavily, putting the stone back to the table. "It seems like we need to pay the Nit Magedom a visit."

Monad nodded and hummed in agreement. Then, he quickly moved close and slipped into the position behind Haruki's chair. He put both his hands on the other man's shoulders, who visibly tensed at the sudden change in atmosphere.

"Now then." Monad moved his face close and whispered in Haruki's right ear. The low and husky tone made the young man's body shiver. "Since the official report is done, I think it's time for you to honor your word, Lord Haruki."

"H-honor what word?" Panicking, Haruki tried not to be overcome by the other man's overwhelmingly strong aura.

Monad chuckled and moved again, this time kneeling in front of Haruki and taking his right hand. He had a tender and soft look on his face as he kissed the top of Haruki's hand, resembling that of a noble knight pledging his loyalty to his lady. "Will you accept me as your Consort, Lord Haruki?"

"I…" Haruki bit his lip - the sudden pain allowing him to keep a sane mind in the relentless offense of this sexy beast with Demon skin. "Are you really sure, Monad? I think you and all the other Lust Demons are treating me like this because I'm the Sovereign…"

"Well, that might be true at the start." Monad wore a contemplative look, but still held Haruki's hand, now kissing the slender fingers. "I can't speak for the rest of the Demonspawn, but I know I admire you not for your status, but for your courage, cleverness, and compassion for others. Not all Sovereigns, or even a Demon, would do what you did when we were trapped in that underground tunnel."

A tongue licked through one of Haruki's fingers, yet Monad never stopped speaking. "Anyway, all the Lust Demons you've summoned had already been aware of your best traits within just a week. If nothing else, we are good judges of character. And compatibility in bed too, of course."

Monad then shrugged as if he didn't just drop a bomb. "I find it best to stake my claim before any of my love rivals get the upper hand."

"What rivals?!" yelled Haruki, trying to pull out his now saliva-coated hand. And with the difference in Strength, of course it stayed on the Hero's tight grip. "If there's someone who should be worrying about love rivals, it should be me!"

Haruki realized his mistake when Monad's widened eyes gave way to a smug expression. "So, you do find me appealing. I'm very happy, Haruki."

"Ugh…" Haruki let Monad do as he pleased with his right hand, while the other was slapped on his forehead. "If you're looking for a bed partner, I'm sure we had a Vice structure built?"

"Hmmm…" Monad hummed happily as he continued licking and kissing like a devoted lover. "Why spend a night with someone else when I can tussle with you, Haruki?"

"And how come you're dropping the 'Lord' title now of all times?!"

"If we are to be lovers, you and I, then we should treat each other equally." Monad frowned, as if having an abrupt thought. "But of course, if you had that inkling, I'm happy to call you 'Lord' or 'Master' as we do it."

"No thanks, I don't have any kinks," replied Haruki quickly, though to be precise, he didn't have the experience to discover any yet.

"Then it's settled?" Monad flashed his best smile, blinding Haruki so much that he had to close his eyes. In response, the Hero dropped a quick kiss on his lips, forcing the other to open them again in shock. "You really shouldn't tempt me like this."

"I'm tempting you?!" The incredulity in Haruki's tone was so painfully obvious. He glared at Monad with playful contempt.  "Who's the Incubus in this room again?"

"That should be me, your one and only Incubus." Monad pulled Haruki's arms and placed them on his shoulders, prompting the other man to wrap them around his neck. "Can I take you to bed now, my lord?"

Haruki could only disguise his embarrassment with false courage and a smug and condescending look befitting a Demon King. "You better treat me right or you won't get a second time."

Monad smirked, pulling the shorter man into his lap. "Once I'm done with you, you'd be begging me to do it again."

Virgin Haruki had no witty comebacks left. Knowing that the Sovereign was stumped, Monad planned to quickly bring him to bed when the door to the study suddenly slammed open.

"Master!" A small round creature with bat wings entered the room, looking extremely excited. "The poll for the city name had just ended and the majority had decided for Harlux, City of Divine Pleasures! Isn't it very fitting?"

Asmo continued to speak, not noticing that his Master and his Summoned Hero were now wrapped in a very awkward position for an audience. "Of course, as you know, Harlux came from your name 'Haruki' and our faction 'Luxuria'. Master once told me it was a stupid name, but the citizens say otherwise! And Master says Asmo had a bad naming sense, hmph!"

"You have bad timing, at the very least," stated Monad, who was still smiling, but with a cold and intolerant face.

Haruki found it amusing to see the usually composed Hero run out of patience. He laughed as he watched Asmo's dumbfounded face. "You should have locked the door when you came in."

"Hmmm…" Monad wore a handsome smirk on his face, which foretold bad things for both Haruki's heart and body. His ass even throbbed for some reason. "Well, now that Asmo's here, we can lock the door to your bedroom for the next three days."

"W-wha?"

Monad ignored Haruki's outbursts and aimed a cold glare at the Familiar. "Asmo, your Master and I will be very 'busy' from now on, so you will be in charge until Haruki gets up again."

"G-get up? What do you mean-"

"Get a move on, Haruki," interrupted Monad, wearing a look of extreme impatience that he forgot to be polite. "We have an urgent 'Contract' to complete."

25