Chapter 05
395 1 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

If you enjoy this novel, please leave a comment or message me to let me know! Thanks!

Join me on Discord

I sit down as she says, “I’ll be right back,” and heads into the back. A few minutes later, she comes back with a large bundle of hair along with another lady she introduces as Sue, who she says will be working on my nails while she does my extensions.

She has me lean back and relax as they begin their work. If you’ve never had extensions, there are several types, but the type she is using on me are called fusion extensions. She starts at the bottom, separates my hair into small sections, and attaches the extension with keratin. She works quickly, but even so, it takes a couple of hours for her to get them all in.

Once she has, she trims my hair to make it even and pronounces me done. Standing up, I walk over to a wall mirror to look myself over. I can’t even tell that my hair isn’t this long naturally as the extensions match my hair color perfectly, and I have to admit the length definitely suits me.

I walk over to my aunt and cousin as Gina tells my aunt the cost, and I just about fall over. $2,800.00 for a manicure and hair extensions?!

Then I stutter out, “Wh-what? That’s so much!”

My aunt and Gina laugh. Then, Gina explains, “Yours are the most expensive extensions on the market, and length also adds to the price as well. Believe me, if you had gone elsewhere, they would be much more expensive. I merely charge my cost plus 5% and for my time to put them in.”

I close my mouth, nod, and tell her, “Okay. Thanks, I love the way I look,” as I tell myself, ‘At least Dad is paying for this. I’d probably be upset if Aunt Scarlett was paying out of her pocket for it.’

She explains to me that there’s no special care needed with them, but that I will have to come back in about six months to have them reseated if I want to keep them. Thinking about it, I definitely like the way I look with long hair, so I will be keeping them until my hair grows out.

Then we load back into the car and head to the next town over to go to the mall.

We arrive about 45 minutes later, and walk over to the door. At the door, I held it open for Megan and Aunt Scarlett to enter ahead of me. Megan saw what I was doing and quickly reached for the door while motioning for me to go inside.

I don’t even realize what I just did until Megan walks up beside me and quietly explains, “You shouldn’t do that, it was very boyish. When it’s just us girls, you should hold the door for the next person, let them take it, and then continue on inside.” I hadn’t even considered that aspect since I’m used to doing that anytime I’m with a girl. It’s merely ingrained into me since my dad had always told me I should do so.

Even after six months of practice, I still have much to learn about being a girl. Shaking my head at my slipup, I make a mental note to pay attention and watch out for my unconscious habits.

Apparently, I’m going to have to unlearn everything Dad ever taught me.

Once inside the mall, my aunt makes a beeline for a jewelry store. Curiosity gets the better of me, and I ask, “What are we getting here?”

“Well, young ladies your age have long since had their ears pierced.” She points at my wrist, “Plus, that watch of yours has to go, and you need a modicum of jewelry of your own. Actually, I’m surprised Debra never bought you any.”

Debra is my mother’s name. But, Mom never bought me any since I merely used hers when I needed some, and piercing my ears wasn’t an option until now.

My aunt sends Megan and me to look at studs while she heads over to talk to the clerk. Megan points out several pairs that I consider to be okay, but I finally settle on some that I like. Quarter carat blue sapphire studs. At Megan’s recommendation, we pick out several other pairs, a couple of small gold hoop earrings among them.

While we were busy doing that, Aunt Scarlett had been busy picking out several types of bangle bracelets in gold, silver, copper, and even a couple of platinum ones, along with several lace, velvet, and metal chokers, some with pendants, some without. Various necklaces, and one I definitely like. That being a heart-shaped platinum locket on a platinum necklace. Lastly, she leads us over to the watches and has me pick out a watch for females. After much searching, I settle on a small gold one.

After that, I’m told to sit down, and the clerk pierces my ears with the sapphire studs I picked out.

After we pay for the purchases, we stroll along the mall until we reach Victoria’s Secret. There we get me several bra and panty sets. Most of the bras are the pushup, gel-padded type. Then she helps me pick out several styles and colors of stockings. I rarely wear them since I usually don’t dress to need them, and anyway, I prefer being bare-legged, but as she points out, there are times when we girls have to wear them.

After that are shoes. Lots of shoes of many types. I have some sandals, a couple of pairs of heels, some ballet flats, and my sports shoes. Aunt Scarlett declares that isn’t enough for a young lady. So, we get me more sandals, as in, six more pairs of varying colors and styles, two pairs of ankle boots in black and white, a pair of black suede knee boots, and an even dozen pairs of heels of various colors and styles.

Next up, clothing. Now, I have a few outfits, as in about a dozen. Mom and I knew that wouldn’t be enough at the time we bought them, but it was sufficient for my needs back then. Now, though, I need a much larger, read that as varied, wardrobe.

Here is where it takes us the longest. Lots of back and forth to the dressing rooms to check the fit and see how the outfits look on me. Much to my chagrin, many, and I do mean many, mini skirts and dresses are amongst the outfits. Most of my skirts and dresses are knee-length or longer, but as Megan and Aunt Scarlett point out, I am a teenage girl, and whether I realize it or not at the moment, I will be wanting to fit in and dress like one.

Conspicuously absent is any type of pants. That is by choice. I’ve come to enjoy wearing skirts and dresses since they show off my legs. I have quite nice and shapely legs by the way. I do have several pairs of shorts that we pick out for me as well, and boy, do those really show off my legs! Leggings are next, along with workout shorts and tops. We also head over and get me several leotards and tights to go along with them. Yep, I’ve been told I will be attending yoga and going to the gym with them three times a week. That is in addition to attending ballet class with Megan. I’m not too sure about ballet class, but as I promised, I will be doing as I’m told, and Megan promises me that I will enjoy it. We shall see.

Hours later, and after many many bags of clothes, shoes, and various other things, we finish. Honestly, I’m ecstatic that we are because all I want to do is sit down and relax for a while after this marathon shopping trip.

I have to ask myself: is this what it means to be a girl? Do all girls have to enjoy shopping this much? If so, how are they not always tired? Now, don’t get me wrong, I’m enjoying myself with my aunt and cousin, well, aside from my aching legs. I’m just not too enthused about marathon shopping trips.

As we’re walking toward the exit and I’m looking forward to sitting down, Megan mentions that we forgot something. We stop and turn to look at her, waiting for her to explain. She says, “Umm, I have a birthday party to attend for one of my friends, and it’s a swimming party.”

I ask, “And that has what to do with me?”

“Well, she can’t very well go and leave you at home, now can she? That would simply be rude, and you need the experience as well,” Aunt Scarlett says.

“Yep! So, you’ll need a bathing suit,” Megan states.

Yep, there it was. I knew it when she mentioned that it was a swimming party.

“Uh-huh. Not too sure about that,” I quickly reply.

She sticks her tongue out at me and grins like the cat who ate the canary. “Hey. Now, you were the one who told me that you want to experience everything you can about being a girl. Well, this is part of it, so you’ve got a month to get comfortable with wearing a bikini."

“A what?!”

“A bikini. What else would you wear? My cuz is not some fading lily that tries to hide under layers and layers of clothes, now, is she?”

I sigh, look at the floor, and then back up at her. “Megan, I’ve been a part-time girl for all of six months, and you want me to wear a rather revealing bikini?”

She shrugs. “Gotta get used to it sometime. So, the sooner, the better.”

I look at Aunt Scarlett for help, but as I should have figured, no help will be coming from that direction.

"Megan’s right. You’ll probably want to wear one at some point in your life.”

“Uh, I still haven’t decided what I want to live as, hence this summer.”

Aunt Scarlett and Megan both look at me disbelievingly. Hell, I’m not too sure I even believe myself, and I’m the one who said it. I have to admit, I’m also curious about what I would look like in one.

So, we backtrack into the mall and head over to find me a bikini, and I end up with a fairly conservative one, as far as bikinis can be conservative, that is. Sky blue with white stripes, again with a lightly padded top. While I feel somewhat exposed in it, I do look cute, and I’m sure I’ll get used to it quickly enough since Aunt Scarlett has a pool.

Thankfully, this is the last shop for the day, and we head out to the car with the innumerable bags. Placing them in the trunk, I gratefully sit down in the back seat and buckle in with my sore legs thanking me for the reprieve. Twenty minutes later, we stop at another diner to have dinner. I assume it’s because, after our long day, no one feels like cooking. I know I sure don’t.

As soon as the waiter leaves after taking our order, Megan grins like the Cheshire Cat as she embarrasses the hell out of me.

“Mom, did you see him checking Jackie out?”

“What are you talking about, Megan? He just took our order. Why would he check me out?”

She giggles at me. “Ha! You’re so naive, Jackie! That boy was def checkin’ you out. I don’t blame him either, you’re hot!”

My cheeks turn an even darker shade of red and almost feel like they’re on fire.

“Oh, look at that. She’s embarrassed. That’s so cute. You want me to give him your number?"

“Not happening. She’s far too young for him,” Aunt Scarlett tells her.

“Relax, Mom. I wouldn’t do that. I just like seeing her squirm and blush.”

After that, every time he came to the table, my face would flush, and I couldn’t bring myself to even look at him. I also wonder if I actually look good enough that a boy/man would be interested in me. Sure, I think I’m pretty, but that’s me and my opinion. My aunt and cousin say I am too, but again, they could be biased as well. I’ve had boys flirt with me several times, so I know I look decent. But, I have to ask, would what I consider to be a very good-looking man about five or six years older than me be interested? I’m far too self-conscious right now to ask and find out, too.

My reaction to being told he finds me attractive confuses me as well. Did I actually like him checking me out because he finds me to be pretty? Furthermore, does this mean I’m gay because I like having a guy pay attention to me?

So many questions, so few answers…

As always: A huge thank you to all my Patreons!

13