Chapter 20: First time filming
315 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The show begins its filming after weeks of delay because of the rewrite. I’m here on the set of the show. It looks like they got a budget increase. The environments props and costumes are of high quality. Either they blew their budgets on this or it increased. I’m hoping it increased.

Let’s ask just in case.

“Director, the costumes and sets look high quality. Not to mention, historically accurate as well!” I say.

I praised the set and the costumes. It’s better to give praises first before asking a… maybe rude question?

“It better be I invested some of my money into this project. I must make this a success!” says director Otis.

“That’s pretty bold of you.”

“This is half your fault! Why did you not contact me earlier? I could have changed the entire show to highlight Saori!”

This guy values Saori’s visuals a bit too much. I should be a bit more wary. But director Otis has an excellent reputation. He has been faithful to his wife. They have a great relationship. With not a single scandal. Yes. His wife is blazing hot.

“Get ready! Actors, camera and lights! Set them up. We are shooting scene twenty!”

The actors come in to the set. It’s inside the empress room. This scene is about the current empress’ son (the male lead of this show) asking for permission to marry his friend. She, however, is a simple soldier and is their love faces challenges. Plus, she’s also pretending to be a man, so that’s also quite a problem. It was a private audience with only the empress’ trusted retainers.

The prince mustered up his courage to ask his mother about it. The empress raised him with love and care. In the original script, the empress is a bit more generic. They fleshed out her character more in the rewrite once Saori got cast. Her screen time increased and is now on par with the leads.

The story improved after the rewrite. My good feelings about the show increased. I guess the writers’ and directors’ double digit eye bags were worth it.

Did I feel sorry for them? Yes. Did that influence my evaluation? Who knows! I still think it got better though!

They were now beginning the scene.

“Mother empress. I have a request!” says the main character. He kneels down. This actor is not a bad. I wouldn’t say he’s good, though. He’s around average. I should remember this actor’s name. I don’t know why I don’t, to be honest.

“Wow, he’s so hot!”

“Don’t you think they match together?”

There is a lot of whispering among the staff. The main character’s name is Ryouta. I don’t need to remember this actor’s name. It’s irrelevant.

“She’s on a different level from him, girls. I can’t make her the female lead. The gap is too big,” says director Otis.

Why is joining in on the gossip? Anyway, I agree this guy Sho Alonso is two tiers below Saori. This director has expert eyes.

“Son, what is your request?” says Saori. She’s playing as empress Sabina. Her whole vibe changes. She’s older, with an air of refinement and elegance. Her beauty captures my eyes. The makeup and costume team deserve a raise.

“I need to give my makeup and costume team a raise,” says director Otis.

This director is stealing my thoughts!

“There’s this… Person I like, mother empress,” says Ryouta.

“Oh. Do tell me her name, my child,” says Sabina.

“Rino… It’s complicated… The person is special.”

“Oh, is she a commoner? It’s hard. But it is not impossible. Your father, the emperor, and I also faced trials and tribulations.”

“I know about you and father’s legendary love mother empress… You always remind me of that.”

“It was amazing. Your father was a commoner. He rose through the ranks and became an emperor just to take my hand!”

“Uh... Mother empress, can we get back on topic?”

“Sure. Sure. My son, who I raised with love, is sick of my voice.”

“That’s not true, mother!”

“So, you will allow me to tell the story?”

“Yes. Yes. I will never get sick of it!”

“Your father was so very dashing! I was but a young child when I saw him inside my carriage by the street. He was selling flowers and when our eyes met, it was a roaring flame! Love was in the air!”

“On that same day. He knocked on our palace’s door, carrying an incredible number of flowers. It intrigued me and I was interested! I asked my other permission to meet with him. It was then that he—”

Empress Sabina stopped herself and motioned for Ryouta to continue.

“Asked for… your hand in marriage, mother empress,” says Ryouta.

“Oh, how lovely it was!” says empress Sabina.

As she continues her story, her elegance transforms into a childlike exuberance filled with love, bringing out an innocent aura that radiates joy and love.

Her act fascinates the crew and actors. The empress was telling the story with movements akin to a dance. It is very compelling.

“That finishes the prologue of our story. Now let’s go to chapter one: sneaking out from the palace.”

“Wait! Wait! Mother empress! Can we finish this story later?”

“Hmm… Are you bored by this story?”

Image

[collapse]

“No! No mommy! I love your story! I just really need your grace and advice!”

“Oh. Baby, why did you not say it earlier? Come here, my child, tell mommy all about it. No need for proper titles and such boring customs. Come. Come.”

Empress Sabina beckons Ryouta closer. They end up sitting on the carpet floor with his head on her lap. Ryouta’s face is now searing hot.

I’ll kill this guy! I’m want to be there instead!

“This guy is too lucky!”

“Mommy Sabina!”

“I want that too…”

Seems I’m not alone here. Why’s crew hating on its own actors though?

“Now what is your request?” says Sabina.

“I like someone, mother. A subordinate.”

“A subordinate!”

“Yes, he’s a soldier.”

“A female soldier! Goodness, she must have it rough! A mercenary I presume?”

“No mother. He is a soldier in my unit.”

“My baby. I think you are mixing words there. The correct pronoun is she.”

“Mom. He is a soldier.”

“Oh! Love knows no bounds. Excuse me for a bit.”

“Are you alright, mom?”

“Very much so. My dear.”

The empress stands up.

She walks a small distance, then collapses.

Give that heart.

A heart attack!

I added pictures and some information in the Glossary!
Check it out: Glossary Link

7