Chapter 21: How she fell in love
252 2 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Cut!”

The filming is now over. The crew cleans and packs up. Few scenes finished. There were a lot of fails.

At least I got to see the other key actors: Kara the one playing the female lead and Brook the one playing the as the male lead’s best friend. The actors are all eye-catching. Their acting, though, leave much to be desired.

A crew member approaches me and says the director is calling for us. It looks like a small meeting. I doubt he has any complaints about Saori here. She performed well.

The crew member led us to the director’s room.

“Ah! It’s good you’re here. Sit down for a while,” says director Otis.

“What is this about, director?” I say.

“Congratulations Saori, you were amazing! Trust me when I say you will be a superstar someday!” says director Otis.

“Thank you for flattering me, director. It seems a bit much, though,” says Saori.

“Nonsense, my dear! You possess both the acting chops and the looks! Never have I worked with a rookie actor as talented as you!” says director Otis.

“You must know about my reputation for hiring pretty faces. But only my wife has visuals that can match yours! Unfortunately, she did not have the… shall we say, blessing of acting.”

Director Otis wife is a popular celebrity. She started in acting as that was her passion. However, she’s famous for being a ‘just a pretty face’. I would disagree with that as she also has a killer body! She now works as a model. She is in a lot of advertisements.

Yeah… She sucks at acting, though.

The director’s phone rings. It’s set on the table and I see the words ‘My lovely wife is calling’. The director panics and hangs up her call.

“How does she always notice when I’m talking about her acting?” says director Otis. He whispers it to himself, but I hear it. He messages her back and puts away his phone inside his pocket. Seems Mr. Otis has some explaining to do once he gets home.

“I have a favor to ask you, Saori. Be patient with the others anyone can improve. The rest are also newbie actors and Kara is a rookie. I appreciate you helping them on set and would appreciate that going forward,” says director Otis.

“It is not a big deal, director. Happy to help and learn from them as well,” says Saori.

She can’t learn much from those guys. But helping others and having good relationships with co-workers is a must. Still, the Brook guy is a bottom of the barrel actor. The main female lead Kara acts like an extra in a high-school theater show.

She wouldn’t be one, though, because of her looks.

Lucine and I watch fantastic shows together. That raised our average. The more I watch, the more trash actors I see. I think the main character, Sho, is about the average?

“Thank you for that. Now I need to talk to your manager here about actors,” says director Otis.

“What do you need from me, director?” I say.

“I’m looking to cast a male actor to play as the deceased emperor. It’s a minor role. I just need one scene from him, but I will use his portrait in a lot of scenes.”

“Sorry director, we don’t have any actors that match your criteria in our agency. It’s still quite new. There are few talents in the agency.”

Few, as in one talent. Let’s not reveal that part. New as in not even one year in. No need to share those.

“Ha… It was a long shot, anyway. We have a list of actors, but… They all don’t match Saori!”

“Why don’t they match her?”

“They are too ugly in comparison.”

That’s harsh.

“The emperor must be divine! The empress is obsessed with him! Me and the writers agree he must be overwhelmingly handsome!”

“I’m really sorry, director.”

“Maybe I’ll just call on my contacts. I think Vicente would agree.”

Vicente? As in the Vicente Draper? I hear they are close, but will you hire a superstar just to use his face in a portrait?

“Wait director! We do have someone,” says Saori.

“Really? You have someone for me?” says director Otis.

“He is perfect for this role!” says Saori.

“Who?” I say.

“Excuse us for a moment, director,” says Saori. She drags me away into the costume room. She locks the door behind her. We are now alone in here.

“Uh… Saori, doing it in here is a bad idea.”

“Why is your mind so dirty? Quick, wear this for me!”

“You want me to wear this emperor costume?”

“Yes. It is a perfect idea. A photo and one scene. It will be easy.”

I wear the costume. She snaps a picture of me with her phone and frowns.

“Is this camera broken? You are better than this.”

“It’s the effect of the underwear.”

“I thought you were joking about the spiteful underwear thing. You still look good, though!”

“I’m already hurt.”

She hugs me.

“Hubby, you know I married you when you wore that underwear on the hospital, right? I love you just the same.”

That is true. Our love story was one free of prejudice! I did not judge her by her looks, then I fell in love with her personality. Her being gorgeous is a bonus. Wait…

“When we first met, I wasn’t wearing the underwear…”

“Anyway, take it off.”

“Hey! This is important! Did you really marry me for my looks?”

“I will be honest here. No, I did not. It was only at our first meeting that you were not wearing that underwear.”

She’s right. Plus, how we met was special. I remember knocking her down. Wait…

“Can I ask you one last question?”

“Ask away. I will just say that we both clicked immediately.”

“You were always curious about my beloved ‘spear’ before. Did you hang out with me because of it?”

“I did not judge you base on your appearance.”

“Saori, did you fall in love with my dick?”

“I judge not based on appearance!”

“Was it dick at first sight?”

“Haha! It influenced me a little? My moms raised me uniquely.”

I look at her again. Probing her for the truth.

“Okay… It affected me a lot. But that was only a first impression! I love you!”

Image

[collapse]

How do I feel about this?

I don’t know. To be honest.

Do you see that heart button?
Smash it to the ground!

If you're curious about how certain characters look or you just want more pictures click here: Glossary

10