Chapter 28: Mixer Twister
206 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Alone. I am now alone.

Saori and Lucine have left the house. How many days has it been?

I’ve been feeling pretty down. Saori proposed to stay. I would have loved that. But we can’t do that for the sake of her career.

I’m getting my reward after this, though. No question.

Good news is the pain hasn't returned yet. I’m pretty bored right now though. Finished all the company’s tasks.

Besides scouting for new talent. But. How do I even start? I can’t hold auditions at the moment. Who would even enter?

It hits me right now that I don’t have many friends. Why did this happen? Wasn’t I the popular kid in school?

I have a backup plan, though. I whip out my phone and call my brother Dewey.

Image

[collapse]

“Hey Dewey, want to hang out?”

“Well. Well. Well. Look who it is!”

“So, you want to hang out?”

“Why? Don’t you have your wife and sister to take care of you?”

“They left for their jobs…”

“Haha! Now alone! Who do you crawl back to? Me!”

I hate his smug sounding voice. He’s right though.

“Sorry bro, I’m going on a mixer with my pals,” says Dewey.

“Can I join?”

“No way in hell! Sit around at home alone, you punk!”

“Why not?”

“Bro. Do you even know the reason I’m your only close male friend?”

I want to say he’s not my only male friend. He’s on the money, though. Hit me right where it hurts.

“Come on Dewey. Help me out here a little. I’ll even pay for everything.”

“Money’s not a problem. I don’t need your stinking money.”

“Am I not the reason you’re rich, though?”

I handle all his investments. I gave him all my expertise. Even his business started with me as the principal investor.

“Don’t guilt trip me into this! I’m also not rich.”

“That’s cause you keep wasting them on terrible investments.”

“I ain’t changing my mind, bro! I’m still not inviting you over!”

“Hey Dewey, who you talking to?” says a voice on the phone.

“It’s just my brother. Don’t mind him.”

“Invite him over then.”

“Yeah, we’re lacking men, anyway. Help your brother out.”

“He’s not gonna steal all the women. Help your brother out.”

“You guys are on his side? Are you stupid? This guy’s already married anyway,” says Dewey.

“I mean I’m married.”

“I have many girlfriends.”

“My wife asked me to go.”

“I forgot I’m hanging out with a bunch of degenerates!”

“Hey Dewey, those guys sound interesting. So can I hang out with you guys?”

I want to see what happens. I’m not interested in the mixer.

“Why are you calling us degenerates?”

“I think not telling your wife you’re going to mixer is pretty degenerate.”

“Yeah, bro. That’s pretty sick. I mean, my wife asked me to go, but you’re cheating.”

I send Saori a message. ‘Hey can I go to a mixer with Dewey and a bunch of guys?’ She replies. ‘Send me pictures.’ That’s quick.

“Yeah, not gonna lie. That’s pretty bad,” says Dewey.

“To hell with you guys! How about you, huh? Did you tell your girlfriends?”

“I ain’t married. They don't need to know. I still did, though.”

“Face it man! You are the biggest degenerate here.”

“Your brother Dewey! Did he tell his wife?”

“This guy has wives. He’ll fit in with all of you just fine,” says Dewey.

“Dewey, tell them I got permission.”

“I hate you! He did, so you’re still the biggest degenerate here,” says Dewey.

“Anyway, let’s drop this topic! Let him come.”

Dewey sends me directions. I see all four of them. I’m wearing a plain T-shirt along with a gigantic pair of glasses. This is exciting. I get to see Dewey’s flirting attempts. To be honest, I don’t think any girls Dewey can invite are in my strike zone. The guys seem friendly enough, though.

I will assist him to the best of my abilities!

“You’re pretty tall, huh? Anyway, let’s go!” says Takuto. The guy trying to cheat on his wife.

“Welcome! Welcome!” says Corwin. I found out he has a dozen girlfriends.

“Alright, let’s do this!” says Abel. The guy instructed by his wife to come.

“Let’s go!” says Dewey. The guy who’s going to fail.

“We’re walking away, us winners!” I say. The guy… let’s not diss myself.

“Remember our signal, bros? Utensils point to the target.”

We huddle together.

“Three! Two! One! Rock!” says all of us. We enter the restaurant and sitting I saw a long table with six women sitting on one side. I can only see the backs of their heads.

It seems they were the girls of this mixer. Once we sat down, I realized this is no ordinary mixer. Dewey must be desperate. A tear drops from my eyes.

Dewey, you’re down bad, huh? I’m sorry. As your brother, I will help you more.

The ladies are all very nice and, shall we say… ‘experienced’. Yes, I call them the ‘Cougar’s Anonymous’.

Dewey grabs the chopsticks on the table and sets them on his plate. They are pointing towards the woman in front of him. Dewey, that’s too fast! We haven’t said a single word yet!

I hear more sounds of chopsticks being placed down.

The guys set their chopsticks down! Someone even has two chopsticks pointing to different ladies. You guys are moving way too fast!

“So dear. What’s your name?” says the lady who Dewey pointed his chopsticks at.

“I’m named Atlas ma’am.”

“You sound just like my son, so polite.”

I bow my head a bit at that. This is my shy polite boy act. A tried and tested way I’ve used to divert any girl’s interest!

I hear chopsticks being placed down. Dewey redirected his chopsticks to the lady in front of me. You’re giving up way too fast, bro!

“You’re so similar to my cute son when he was young!” says the lady.

“Uh… Uh…” I say. My tactic seems to backfire.

“You are so cute, my dear,” says another lady.

“Really reminds me of my precious child asking mommy for help!”

I pick up the sounds of chopsticks again. A lot of them.

I notice that all the ladies’ chopsticks now point at me.

What? Do they have the same signs?

I remind you of your children?

How is that a good point?

Cut mistakes into pieces! 
This is my last resort!
Smash the heart! No more beating! 
Answer the poll so I know your opinion! 

6