Chapter 31: Fishing trips can be great
172 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dewey and I are fishing. The area is clean and pristine. Nature’s sound and smells surrounds us. The lake we are fishing from is blue and clear. It’s a very chill and relaxed atmosphere. Lots of old folks around, though they’re quite far from us.

How’s the fishing going?

Pretty well. At least for me.

Image

[collapse]

“How did you catch so many big fish? The only thing I reeled in is this finger sized fish!” says Dewey.

“It’s because you don’t have a clear mind. Fishing is a state of mind,” I say.

“State of mind? It’s your first time fishing!”

What can I say? Fish must love me! It’s sad that you can only bring away one fish per person. The fishes I caught look tasty.

I get a tug on my fishing rod. The pull is strong! The strongest so far! I am forced to get up from my sitting position.

“Whoa! Dewey, this is a big one!”

The fishing rod bends. My feet plant to the ground. I try to reel it in.

“Bro! You must’ve caught the king of the lake!”

“Help me! This one is too strong!”

Why is the pull so strong?

Our fishing lines and rods are of the highest quality. I don’t think they’ll give in. But this just might drag me in!

My feet dig into the ground. What creature is this?

“I’ll help you!”

Dewey helps pull the line.

“What fish has this much strength?”

I’d like to know that too!

I summon all the force I could inside my body and pull. With Dewey’s help, we beat the fish! A large blue fish flies in the air as it forced us to sit.

It’s a fish. A shark, to be exact.

It struggles and gets closer to us. Even on land, the thing looks dangerous. Plus, it’s huge.

“Get the hell away!” says Dewey.

You don’t have to tell me! We stand up and separate ourselves from the shark. Its eyes lock on to us and struggles closer.

“Bro! That shark has a grudge. Put it back!”

“Alright, let’s push it back!”

I try to get closer to the shark. I need to move behind it to throw it. The shark then opens its mouth and bites!

Retreat!

“Dewey, you trying to get me killed?”

“Bro, what if it evolves legs and kills us, man? Sharks have grudges!”

“Are you stupid?”

Should we kill it or something? The shark bites again! Did it read my mind?

Where’s the ranger or any sort of helper?

All the old folks are far away. Seems like they’re all scared. Plus. Why is a shark here?

“You’ve caught the menace of the lake!” says an old man.

Where did you come from?

“Gramps, what should we do? Do we kill it?” says Dewey.

The shark jumped! It got closer to Dewey and bites! It’s inches away from him!

This shark is smart!

“AHHH!”

Dewey runs away and trips on the ground. Dewey’s lucky the shark didn’t jump on him while he’s down. He would’ve been a goner. Good thing the shark seems tired now.

“Isn’t this species of shark rare? This guy belongs in the ocean!” I say.

No one responds. The old man is running away. Dewey is also running away. Well. Everyone else is running away except me.

They all left me with the shark! I think it’s harmless now. It should run out of air—.

The shark jumps again!

This time towards me! I see its jaws wide open. The shark’s teeth are sharp and ready to sink into my flesh! I dodge it by moving to the side!

I run away. Sorry. This is not my problem!

I talk to the rangers later about the shark situation. The shark is going to the aquarium.

Where’d Dewey go, anyway? I search for him and notice something. There’s a long line outside the restroom. I’ve seen these guys before… Dewey exits the restroom and sees me.

“Bro, the rangers got it in control! The shark’s now in a temporary tank!”

I know. I called them.

“Anyway, man, let’s eat. That was a pretty exciting experience, huh? Remind me to never fish with you in the ocean,” says Dewey.

I am never fishing again. I’m done.

“Where do you want to eat?”

“There’s a seafood restaurant close here. They have some shark dishes there.”

He wants revenge. I’m pretty sure they make shark dishes using a different shark species. I think it’s illegal to eat that kind. Oh well. Let’s go have some petty revenge.

As we are walking, someone calls my phone. It’s Saori.

“Hello Saori?”

“Hubby… Can you meet with me and also drive me to work from now on?”

“On my way.”

I hang up. Wait for me, my love!

“Man, I heard that! You’re gonna leave me now? You also agreed way too fast!” says Dewey.

What can I say? I’m a man of love.

“You’re such a simp man!”

“She’s literally my wife. How am I a simp?”

“I thought she wanted to concentrate on her work.”

“Distance makes love grow. It seems we missed it each other too much!”

“We are supposed to eat at the seafood restaurant, man! Didn’t we have other plans too?”

Sorry, bro. This is more important.

“Don’t you like me anymore?”

Why are you acting like I’m breaking up with you?

“You’re leaving me behind for your lover?”

Are you my wife?

I see a crowd gathering. Not good.

“Are you really gonna betray me like this?”

“My wife is calling me man! Sorry!”

“What happened to our bond, man?”

The people in the crowd gossip. Let’s leave this weird environment behind.

“I am sorry.”

“What happened to bros before hoes?”

I walk away from Dewey, leaving him behind. Dewey falls to his knees and cries.

“Traitor!”

Why’s he being like this? What is this a drama?

I feel bad.

I’m also excited to see Saori again though.

Also, I remember this punk leaving me alone to go with his girlfriend before. Plus, he always used to gloat about his girlfriend whenever I had uh… ‘incidents’.

Not to mention he left me alone with the shark earlier.

So really… I don’t feel that bad.

We are having a sale!
Find one mistake, get one fix free!

8