Chapter 33: Sometimes it’s not my fault
164 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I convince Saori that I’m not in a relationship with Dewey. I’m not into men. A hundred percent sure. How am I so sure?

After launching away about a dozen women. I’m ashamed to say that… I tried. My experience never got far. It was vomit inducing. Not to mention the pain amplified.

My body, mind, and soul unified against it. Those were dark times. Never again.

Dewey, next time I see you. You better watch out.

A few days pass by. I tried contacting Dewey, but he’s avoiding my calls. He’s also away from his house. This bastard! He did it on purpose and is now avoiding me!

My desire to beat him into a pulp strengthens. This burning rage won’t calm down. I won’t forget this, Dewey. You better not think I’ll forgive you that.

“Hubby, are you alright?” says Saori.

“Yeah, I’m good. Just thinking of something,” I say.

Saori and I are on the road driving to the set. It’s amazing that she’s back in shape already. Saori didn’t get that fat, but it’s only been days! I kinda miss it already. But I guess she’s still the best, no matter what. She’s hiding her face from me, though. With a mask and those ugly glasses.

“Why are you wearing those ugly pairs of glasses again?”

“I felt uneasy. You are not as calm as before. It seems like you will jump on me.”

“Why have me drive you, then?”

She sensed it? I thought I was hiding it pretty well.

“Well, commuting to work was tough. Too many people stare at me.”

“You commuted to work? Why didn’t you tell me? I gave you a car. Why didn’t you drive it?”

“I do not have a license.”

“You’re not allowed to commute again. No talent from my agency is commuting to work!”

“That sounds nice. I have no manager, though.”

“Lucine was supposed to do that.”

“The president of my company had an affair with the manager. Now she cannot even work.”

Alright, that one is my bad. I should search for a talent manager. It’s hard to find good ones though. They need to be female too. If I hire one though, I won’t get to spend time with Saori anymore. The manager will take my place. Wait a minute.

“Don’t worry, I’ll be your manager while Lucine is out.”

This is a brilliant solution.

“Well alright. You should be busy, though, right?”

“I’ll always make time for you.”

“You say all these cheesy lines. But. We never go on dates.”

“We’ll go on a date right after your shoot.”

“Not now. I am talking about how all the dates we planned before. We did not even leave the house. I ended up in bed!”

Well, sometimes it’s not on the bed. On the couch, floor and table too.

“It’ll be different this time. Promise.”

Saori looks like she’s thinking hard about it. She shakes her head.

“Forget it hubby. Let us stick to the plan.”

“Why not? It’ll be a date, honest.”

“I do not trust you.”

How can you not trust me? I feel like I’m getting too much blame here. Half the reason those dates went wrong is Saori’s fault.

“You’re blaming me too much. Don’t you remember what you did on those dates we had?”

“I only flirted a little.”

Flirted a little?

“How about that time you pulled down my pants?”

“That was only one time.”

“What about that time in the car?”

“Stop! hubby, I admit I was at fault for some. But you pounce on me even if I only smile at you!”

That’s your signature seduction move. She’s right, though. I was a bit too much. Maybe it’s seventy-five percent my fault. She never stops me, though.

“Oh, we’re here.”

I park the car. Saori and I visit the set. We greet the staff and soon after, director Otis comes. He greets us.

“Saori my dear! Come. Come. Why are you wearing those glasses and mask?” says director Otis.

Saori looks at me. She’s wary of me. Is your trust in me that low? There’re so many people here! I’m not that big of a degenerate!

Saori removes her glasses and mask.

Image

[collapse]

“You look great! You were still good before but we already filmed parts of the show so we couldn’t have the inconsistency in your style,” says director Otis.

“I am sorry about that, director. I apologize once again for the trouble I caused due to not managing my weight,” says Saori.

“It’s all good. To be honest with you, we would have continued on, anyway. It wasn’t anything serious, but you seemed so sad about it. It was just a small remark. You didn’t need to treat it so seriously.”

This director knows his stuff.

I scoot over to Saori’s side and whisper to her.

“So, you didn’t really need to lose weight? This director is spoiling you.”

“I want to do great. Plus, the other actors already give director Otis headaches. He has enough problems on his plate.”

How bad are they? I’ve only seen a few scenes from before. They already delayed the show for acting lessons. Are they still that bad?

The director then guides us to the fitting room. He tells Saori about what parts they’ll film. We got to the room and Saori enter inside along with the makeup and costume crew.

I chat with director Otis.

“Thank you, director for always caring about our Saori.”

“Don’t mind it. I always treat my people well.”

“You even brief her about scenes.”

“It helps me too. It’s refreshing to talk to actors that know their stuff.”

“What about the other actors?”

“Sho is okay. Brook is bad. Kara is hopeless.”

Is it fine to talk about your own actors this way?

“Your agency is very lucky. It’s hard to find such great visuals packed with other talents. My wife is the perfect example of this.”

His phone rings. He apologizes to me and scurries away. I saw who called the phone, though. It was his wife.

He should stop dissing her acting in front of other people.

She knows.

“Mistake free chapters can come true, if we have the courage to fix them.” — Malt Reverse 'G' Isney

5