Chapter 36: It’s different!
131 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I clean up Saori’s makeup. Her eyes aren’t red. There were a lot of tears though? Did you trick me Saori? Say it ain’t so!

I even revealed to her my secret dark past. The experiments I hid from the world. Well, Dewey and Lucine know about it too… Dewey knows too much. Saori interrupts my line of thought.

“Hubby, maybe it is because of your man-hating that you cannot jerk off to relieve yourself.”

I wouldn’t call it man-hating… Wait? So I’m even I get turned off by my own hands touching me? That’s why I can’t jerk off? Why won’t my spear go down then?

Does someone else have my condition but doesn’t have my problems because they can just jerk off? Author above? Please explain!

Saori grabs my hand and makes me walk with her. Wait! I’m not done with my questioning! Author above! This is a special condition, right? I’m a little special, right? Please give me a sign!

I’m still lost in my own thoughts. The environment changes. I feel a slight pain in my cheeks. Saori gave my cheeks a whack.

“Manager! focus a little. Why are you so spaced out? People will look.”

I’m having a heart to heart with the author! Why make me suffer like this? I’m supposed to be the main character of this story!

“Sorry. Sorry. What scene is being filmed?”

“A training scene.”

I focus my attention on the scene. Ryouta (played by Sho) is training alongside the soldiers.

They run laps. Balance weights. A training montage. Doesn’t this montage look familiar? I can almost hear a certain song playing while they continue training.

Rino (played by Kara) cannot keep up with the training. She lags the others. It looks like she can handle average training but can’t keep up with the elites. It’s an impressive scene. But. Aren’t you guys afraid of being accused of plagiarism?

The running continues. Rino falls down and collapses. She couldn’t handle the training anymore. Her whole body is moist with sweat. Clothes drenched with it. Did they tire her out before doing this scene? Well, if it works, it works.

The others continue training. Some even step on her on the ground on showing no mercy. Other soldiers also begin falling down. The other soldiers continue on showing their comrades no mercy as they step on them. Sounds of agony fill the scene whenever someone gets stepped on.

What is this scene even? The other actors avoiding Rino when they get to her, only pretending to step on her. They showed the other soldiers no mercy.

“We’re done, my brothers! It may be hard now but do not worry, hard work and consistency will lead to results!” says Ryouta. That’s different from what I expected. I expected him to say: ‘How can I make a man—’. Let’s stop.

After Ryouta says his line, the other soldiers all try to stand and cheer. The cheering they could muster sounded weak and pathetic.

“Let’s rest for today, brothers,” says Ryouta. He helps the ones sprawling on the floor one by one. When Ryouta got to Rino, her gaze locks onto his. Ryouta gives her a smile and a hint of red colors Rino’s face.

The scene ends on Rino looking at her prince, Ryouta’s back.

“Cut! That was amazing, you guys. We did this in one take!” says director Otis. He runs to the set and holds Kara’s hands. They skip in place filled with joy and laughter.

“Kara, you up to do another scene? You’re on fire today!” says director Otis.

“Yes director, let’s go! I think we should take advantage of this momentum!” says Kara.

“Alright, let’s go to the next set!”

All of us walk towards the set location. I chat with Saori as we move with everyone.

“Do you even have a scene to film today, Saori?”

“I did plenty of scenes already… Did you really not observe any of them?”

What? Did my shock make me miss all of Saori’s scenes? How long was I out of it?

“Uh… Of course I watched.”

“What was the scene I finished, then?”

Why are you testing me? Do you not trust the integrity of your husband? Why did I even lie? Should I make something up?

“It was the scene with the emperor’s portrait, the one where you talked to the picture and then kissed it,” I say.

Curse my quick mouth! I’m so stupid.

“I was hoping you did not see that scene. It was so embarrassing! I could not glance at you the whole time,” says Saori.

I’m right? Why did I miss that scene? That scene sounds so interesting. I need to check out that scene again when this show airs.

“So you’re done with all your scenes today?”

“Yeah. We can leave. I would like to support them, though.”

“We can stay don’t worry. What’s the next scene, anyway?”

“It is the bath scene.”

Oh, we’re staying. Wait. I need to clarify something.

“Who’s the one taking the bath?”

“Kara.”

Oh, that cinches it. We are staying for sure.

The scene starts.

The door to the hot springs open. No one is in the hot spring, it’s late at night. Rino enters the big hot spring alone.

I can now see why director Otis sticks to her even with her acting woes. Viewers will tune in for this. Curses! My spear got harder. It’s not even that explicit. This is the reason I never watch anything suggestive.

Image

[collapse]

Rino dresses into her light clothing. Ryouta opens the door. This startles Rino, but she calms down when she realizes she’s clothed already.

“I didn’t expect to see you here, Rino,” says Ryouta.

“You too, your majesty. Forgive me, but I must go to sleep now to prepare for tomorrow,” says Rino. She bows her head and leaves the bath with haste.

Ryouta then has his bath scene. I can’t describe it. Sorry didn’t watch. I hear his line, though.

“His nape looked so… What am I thinking?”

The scene ends.

Saori prods me and asks.

“You were staring the whole time. I thought you were not interested in Kara?” says Saori.

Tsk. Tsk. Saori, my dear. It’s different. While I’m not interested in pursuing.

I am interested in looking.

Please do not point out the MISTAKES if you don’t see them. You’re preventing the actual MISTAKES fans who have waited for months from having the MISTAKES fix experience. Finding the MISTAKES without understanding their significance is literally cultural appropriation, and it’s not okay.

There's also this picture.

5