Chapter 41: Looks like I’ve still got it!
171 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Go away!” I say.

“I just want to talk, my brother,” says the monster.

He found me.

I run with all I have. It’s not enough. The freak is faster than me.

I know he’s not giving it his all.

I’m tired and out of breath. However, he has not lost a beat.

I should not have provoked this monster.

There’s a flight of stairs ahead of me. I might lose him this way.

You’ve left me no other choice!

I jump and land on my feet. A miracle!

I look up.

He’s not there. Where is he?

I feel a tap on my shoulders.

“AHHH!”

……

That’s a weight of my chest. I drop off Dewey at the hospital. I was planning on just punching him once.

However, when I unlocked the room, he was hiding in. He tried to hit me with nun-chucks. Even cursing me while doing it. Telling me it was his plan to reduce my happiness.

After I neutralized him and his weapon. He started running away while still cursing me. He even jumped a flight of stairs!

The plan was to punch him once.

I couldn’t even do that.

I tapped him, and he fell to the ground.

Dewey broke his legs. He cried and fainted from the pain.

That’s why you don’t try stunts on your own. How can he be so stupid?

I called gramps and told him what happened.

“What! Is he stupid? I’ll kill him. Tell me what hospital he’s at.”

May you rest in peace, Dewey.

All that running and chasing reminded me of how fun it can be to move around your body. Should I try some sports again?

The pain that prevented me from such activities is gone. If it’s just broken bones or strains, I can handle it.

If it comes back, I’ll just get on my knees and beg Saori or Lucine to help me. Plus, I can even scout some athletes to join our agency? Athletes are entertainers too. This plan has no downsides.

I drive to the place I used to train in. It’s named Anor Alliance. The place is enormous. It’s a sports complex. It has several courts and gyms. Lots of famous athletes train and get discovered here.

It’s been so long since I’ve been here. Seven years. I gave up on all sports when I was sixteen. Does my ID even still work? Coach Edith promised me that’ll she’ll keep it active if I ever want to come back either as an athlete or coach.

The doors open and I enter. They have changed the decorations in the lobby. It’s newer and different. It feels alien to me.

People around me come and go. Some of them enter by tapping their IDs on the automated gates. It’s like the ones in train stations. Well, at least this one is familiar. These gates look new and better, though. I tap my ID on one and it still works!

Coach Edith kept her promise!

I walk towards the tennis courts. Lots of people are playing. There’s a large crowd gathering in one court.

“Woah! He’s beaten all the regulars.”

“They can’t even take one game away from him!”

“The pros would beat him.”

“Maybe? But some regulars were former pros, after all.”

I ask around and the people here explain the situation to me. It seems like this guy has been playing with anyone he can. They play for one set. This guy has been winning all his matches with a score of 6-0. At first, he swept through the weaker players. Beating stronger and stronger opponents. Now he’s beaten all the regulars.

“What’s his name?” I ask.

“Ryuugo Enchizen.”

“He says he’s the king of tennis.”

“He’s arrogant, but has the skills to back it up.”

I hear a roar coming from the court.

“Who’s next!” says Ryuugo, the king of tennis

The crowd talks to each other. Looks like almost all of them have played against him already. Should I try? The king of tennis points his racket. The people in front of me separate. Giving me a path to the court.

What is this? Is this a sports drama or something? The king of tennis talks to me.

“You, new guy. Come, let’s have a match. One set.”

“Alright, but I haven’t played in a while.” I say.

I use the rackets beside the court. They’re pretty used and not in the best condition, but it’ll work. I ready myself and he speaks.

“Who serves first? I’ll let you decide.”

“You can serve first.”

He tosses the ball into the air. He jumps and smashes the tennis ball.

“Twist serve!” says the king of tennis.

The ball gets to my side. It lands on the ground and jumps in the opposite direction. It’s a fast and tricky serve. I deliver a counter. He couldn’t react to it.

“Fifteen love.”

The crowd cheers.

All of my returns score. He seems rattled. I won the first set. The match is now in my favor. Match score: 1-0.

On my turn to serve, I try to imitate his twist serve. I can do it! He could return none of my serves. Match score: 2-0.

“Don’t get cocky!” says the prince of tennis.

Match score: 3-0.

I use the twist serve again. He returns it!

“Boomerang Cobra!” says the rook of tennis.

His return swerves outside the court and back into my area. A sharp return that’s fast and surprising! I hit it back. Match score: 4-0.

“Drive Z! Ahhh!” says the bishop of tennis.

The crowd is in awe.

He gets close to the net and hits a quick return. The ball has a crazy spin and moves fast! I use the ‘Boomerang Cobra’ to return it. Match score: 5-0.

Just one more point and I will win this set. I use a lob shot.

“Dunking Smash!” says the knight of tennis.

Before the ball even bounces. I return it using ‘Drive Z’. He returns it! Our rally is not stopping.

The crowd is silent. Tension fills the air. Who will win this rally?

“Taste my trump card! Zero gravity drop!”

The crowd goes wild!

“It’s his killer move. No one can return!”

“He’s on the back. There’s no way he returns a drop shot that doesn’t bounce!”

“Guys, do you see this?”

“HOW!”

Image

[collapse]

You fell right into my trap! All this time I prepared this! Get ready for the ‘Atlas Zone’. I don’t even need to move! The ball will always move towards me! The drop shot. A shot that’s supposed to fall close to the net instead moves to me!

I return it with my drop shot. He sprints towards the net and dives to return it! He would have reached it if the drop bounced. It didn’t. Instead, the move drops and rolls back to the net.

The crowd is silent.

He’s down on the ground, eyes filled with disbelief.

I move towards him and reach my hand out.

He looks at me.

“W—Who are you?” says the pawn of tennis.

The biggest oversight with MISTAKES is that making it is unbelievably sexy. I can't go on an hour of my day without thinking about making MISTAKES whenever I type. I'd kill a man in cold blood just to spend a minute making MISTAKES while my throbbing manhood rises and explodes. Please send help.

3