Chapter 59: Good things must come to the end
92 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Hubby, does this taste good?” says Saori.

I’m glad she’s calmed down now. She kept on crying and clinging on to me, asking to make love whenever she reads comments about her. I took her phone away to make her stop reading comments about her.

Lucine was also suffering as Saori also clung to her and asks for milk. On second thought. Lucine had a radiant face the whole time, so she must have liked it.

It was affecting Saori’s physical and mental health. I called her family to cheer her up. That word must be taboo in their family. The moms were more furious than her. Having other people get angry with her calmed her down. Our furniture though…

I can’t say anything as Saori and Lucine rampaged. It was a mess. Remind me to make a room for stress relief next time.

“I’ll pay for some damages,” said father.

“Thank you, father, but it’s alright. As long as Saori’s fine, it’s all good.”

Oh well, it’s fine. I wanted new furniture anyway. A voice interrupts my flashback.

“It tastes amazing,” I say.

Saori kisses me on the cheek and walks back to the kitchen. We’re having a party at our house. I’m cleaning while Lucine and Saori cook.

I made one dish. Fried chicken. I made them eat it and they loved it. I wanted to make other dishes, but they won’t let me.

“Hubby, think about us! Our dishes!”

“Brother! Haven’t you hurt our pride enough?”

It makes me smile. They love my cooking, but I don’t think I’m hurting anyone, right? We finish setting up. Now we wait for our guests.

Dewey arrives at our house. We welcome him in. He pats me on the shoulder and gives me a thumbs up.

“Bro, you were so hot in your scene,” says Dewey.

That doesn’t make me happy!

Gramps comes after. He brings the coach along with him.

Oh? What’s this? Have the flowers of love bloomed on my gramps dry heart?

“Grandma Edith you’re here!” says Lucine. She walks towards her and gives her a hug and kiss on the cheek.

“What about me Lucine, my dear?” says gramps. His face is dark, and he looks at coach with envy.

“Of course, I didn’t forget you grandpa!” Lucine hugs and also kisses gramps cheek. Gramps looks at coach with a smug smile on his face. Coach laughs at that and then they all laugh.

“What about me, sister?” says Dewey. Everyone ignores him.

“Hello grandpa and grandma,” says Saori. She also gives them a hug. Coach looks a little confused. Saori grabs her hands and talks to her.

“Hello grandma it is my first time meeting you!”

“She’s brother’s first wife, grandma. I’m his second wife,” says Lucine.

“Don’t worry, nothing bad happened,” says gramps.

“Oh! I understand now,” says coach.

Why did she just accept that? It’s that simple?

Saori, Lucine and coach move to the kitchen to chat. They like each other. That’s great.

Dewey’s on the couch already. He turns on the display. The last episode of ‘Will you still love me?’ will start soon. Me and gramps sit with him.

The girls come carrying plates of food. Lucine gives me a plate, then sits beside me. Coach hands one to gramps. Saori tries to give Dewey one, but I stop her and make her sit beside me.

“Wait, Dewey dear, let me grab another for yo—,” says coach. Gramps grabs her and makes her sit beside him. Coach blushes and moves closer to gramps.

“What are you guys doing?” says Dewey.

“My woman won’t serve other men.” Me and gramps are in sync as we say that line.

You deserve this, Dewey. I remember all the times you wouldn’t let sis Hilda even give me water. Even gramps was affected.

“You waited years to get me back! How petty can you guys be? I’ll remember this!” says Dewey. That last statement shows us he’s just as petty as we are. He takes off to grab a plate of his own food.

The show’s theme song plays. Dewey rushes back to his seat carrying a plate full of food. The show’s major conflict is over. This finale will be the happy ending everyone wanted. I like that this show didn’t shoehorn any battle scenes. It focused more on the romance between the characters.

The show begins. It’s night.

They show a man wearing a hat in the harbor. It’s Akio (Brook’s character). He looks back. There’s no one behind him. He enters the ship. They narrate his voice.

To my best friend, I hope you’ll forgive me. There’s still a bittersweet feeling inside my heart. The pain in my heart clouds my happiness for you.

I’m sorry I cannot be your best man right now. I am going on my journey to find love.

Wish me well, my friend. When I come back, I’ll be with my love.

Let’s have a drink then.

I wish you the best. May both of you be in love and happy. Forever.

“I hope you find love,” says Lucine. Tears fall down from her eyes.

“While I didn’t agree with the pairing, I wish you well,” says Dewey. Tears and snot drip all over his face.

The ship leaves the harbor and sails away. It disappears and the scenery changes. A festival! The emperor has found an empress. The entire empire celebrates the auspicious day! Soon, our view moves to the palace.

The door to the throne room opens. Rina (Kara’s character) walks inside, clothed in regal attire. Empress Sabina (Saori’s character) hugs Rina, then transfers the circlet on her head onto Rina’s head. Waiting for her by the throne is Ryouta (Sho’s character). He is now the emperor.

Rina runs towards him. Ryouta runs as well! They meet in the middle. Ryouta lifts Rina up and they kiss. The spectators cheer! May this love last for life.

Image

[collapse]

“Brother it’s so lovely!” says Lucine. She squeezes my arm tight.

“Isn’t the wedding lovely?” says coach. Gramps coughs.

“Why is such a cheerful scene filling me with sadness?” says Dewey. His face is such a mess. He should wipe it off.

A montage of things appears on screen. No matter the challenge, the emperor and empress stick together. The empire prospers! The montage and the screen goes black.

There’s a new scene. Rina is signing documents on her table. She sighs. Ryouta appears and massages her shoulders and neck.

“You should relax, my darling wife. Be careful you’re carrying our child,” says Ryouta.

“Ryouta, they say pregnant women get fatter… Will you still love me even when I grow fat?” says Rina. She stands up to face Ryouta.

“What kind of silly question is that? I love you no matter what. I’ll always be there to guide and comfort you.”

“Even if I were a man?”

Ryouta pulls her close. He caresses her stomach.

“You should know the answer to that.”

My problem is you won't show me the MISTAKES. Every single time you ask I beg and beg and beg for you to show me the MISTAKES. But you just ignore me. I wish you would just notice me. I also sometimes recommend future products you could sell like the life sized realistic FIXER but you never notice.

It really hurts me. I often cry myself to sleep knowing I mean nothing to you. But if you just noticed me once you would realize I am a really nice guy, one of the good ones. I can make you happy. I tell good jokes. I have a wonderful job. I can cook incredible meals. I am very clean. I am very organized. I will give you my undivided attention. You will be the only thing I ever think about. You are the only thing I ever think about. I love you, I just, I just wish you would love me back.

2