Chapter 60: Answer the press properly
106 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lucine and I are in a room filled with cameras and reporters. We are at the back. We can see a long table along with seats, microphones and different drinks. It’s a press conference. Saori’s not with us, as she’s going to be interviewed alongside the rest of the cast. They labeled it an ‘Ask all you want. No holds barred conference.’

Our vacation got interrupted by this stupid conference and because of the date, I even abstained for a week!

“Boss, we’ll make it up to you, promise,” says Lucine.

“Alright, you’ve raised my expectations,” I say.

Lucine gets near my ears and whispers. “We promise you, brother. Look forward to it.”

Well, that got me excited. It’s not all bad. I wonder what their plan is.

The sounds of cameras and talking interrupt my thought. The lead actors, writers and the director walk in. They sat down and introduced themselves.

Image

[collapse]

The press then began asking questions. The press asked basic questions. They asked if they expected the success. Stuff about how the actors act on set. This is so boring. I move my arms and wrap it around Lucine’s waist.

“Boss! Are you serious? There’s many people around us!” says Lucine. She says that line in a quiet tone.

“Shush. This is your job.” I say. My hand moves to her leg and I caress it. It inches closer and closer to her depths.

I only did it to tease her a bit. Lucine’s face flushes red, and her breathes grew hotter and heavier. She even shakes a little.

“Uuu… Brother… please, I’m not… high level enough for this… but… if you really…”

Let’s stop. This is getting dangerous. What does she mean by high level, anyway? Her hands move on top of mine. She tries to move my hand, begging me to move closer to her depths. Why are you egging me on?

I watch around and see that one person noticed us. She covers her mouth with a piece of paper, but her entire face is red. It’s clear she’s looking at us. Our eyes met and I notice her mismatched colored eyes. She averts her gaze. Seconds later, she looks again only to see me still looking in her direction. We go back and forth like this.

It looks like she doesn’t want to miss our show. She glances again. I give her a silence and she nods her head.

“Boss… why did you stop?” says Lucine.

“Are you crazy? Control yourself. We’re in public,” I say. I gave her bottom a light smack.

“Uuu… to think, brother asked me to control myself. How low have I fallen?”

I ignore her remark and focus on the conference.

“This question is for actress Kara and actor Sho. Your pairing of Rina x Akio is making waves. It was the best pair! Your chemistry on the screen was electric! Is this a simple on screen act or does it seep through real life?” says a press member.

Oh, an interesting question.

“That person is wrong. It was not the best pair,” says Lucine.

She’s invested in her ship, huh?

I notice Brook’s face got a little dark and then he straightens up. He then glances at Saori in fear and breathes a sigh of relief. What did Saori do to this guy?

Kara’s face blushes as she tries to answer the question. I catch her expressions on camera. She’s terrible at hiding it.

“Mr. Sho and I are professionals and thank you for liking our acting!” says Kara.

“Mr. Sho? That’s not what you call me on our dates, though? Honey, didn’t we promise to announce it here?” says Sho. He moves his seat right next to hers.

The press goes wild at that remark. Sounds of camera shutters fill the room. Questions from every single corner pour out. The others clap. Director Otis screams to the heavens and stands up from his table. The director then hugs Kara and Sho and he makes them stick together.

Why is the director going wild? I hear the comments of people around me.

“There it is. The director’s gone wild again!”

“Haha! He’s always happy when something like this happens on his shows.”

“Many of his shows end up with real life lovers on set. No wonder they call him the match making director.”

From what I know of the director. If we learn that match, making good-looking people together was part of his plan.

Kara is now covering her face with her hands. Sho answers questions and she just nods while still hiding her face. The director is now in front of the table, asking questions.

He’s passionate, I’ll give him that.

“It was a doomed love,” says Lucine. A tear falls from her eyes.

Soon they calm down and questions for Saori flood in.

“Out of the actors her you have the smallest agency. Did no big agency come to recruit you before Ms. Saori?”

“Yeah! I’m also curious about that!” says director Otis.

Director, you’re supposed to be answering questions…

“They have not scouted before me. My husband was the one who unveiled the true me. Without him, I would not be here. That is why I worked with him,” says Saori.

“Who is this husband of yours? You’ve never even let me see him!” says director Otis.

“You have seen him, director.”

“Who is it?”

Saori brings out a large portrait from under the table. It’s me wearing the emperor costume. It’s a different one from the show. This one shows me wearing a wolfish grin. When did she take this photo? I don’t remember posing for this! Director jumps on the table and shakes Saori for answers.

What even is this conference?

The director keeps on asking questions about me. Saori answers them all. She keeps on singing me praises. She talks about our acting lessons how they help her become better.

This is embarrassing. Am I a good teacher? I didn’t think Saori thought this of me. We only did those lessons in between uh… ‘sessions’. I’m sorry Saori, I promise I’ll make more time for normal dates and lessons!

Lucine nods at Saori’s answers. She looks proud. It’s like the one mother’s have when someone praises their child. She’s enjoying the praises more than me. Oh well, it’s cute anyway, and it’s great that they love me this much.

The press then asks questions about the agency. Saori tries to praise the agency in her answers. She’s stretching it in some of her answers, though. Soon, the topic changes and the questions spread.

The conference continues…


🌟 🎥🥛🎼🎾📚 🌟


“Alright, we’ll take one last question before we end this conference. We’ll pick you there.”

Thank the Author it’s going to be over!

“Ms. Saori! Ms. Saori! Can we ask what your husband’s job in your agency is?”

Saori gives me a brief glance and a mischievous expression. Our eyes lock. How did she find me?

She smiles at the press, then says.

“Janitor.”

Hello!

Thanks for reading my random fever dream.

The next chapter will be the 'Finale' and I just wanted to put a serious author note for once (too late now!). 

Thank you for sticking this far and lasting this long! I hope you all had a fun time reading this and maybe laughed and enjoyed my story!

The good news is that the chapter will come tomorrow!

4