Chapter 2: Look up when you walk!
2.7k 2 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

đŸŽ¶đŸŽ”

‘Oh, baby, I love you to death!’

‘This dagger stabbed in your heart.’

‘Both lovers down in the dirt.’

‘Together in sickness and death.’

đŸŽ¶đŸŽ”

This song has pretty messed-up lyrics. It is catchy and fun, though.

A large display played the music video for the song “Lovers in death.” Performed by a girl group, the dance and visuals of the music video enhance the experience.

The show’s theme song plays, and the show’s title, ‘Behind the Tune,’ appears. It’s been running for a while. Two people walk to the set. A man and a woman.

The set contains a table, two chairs, and a couch. The position allows the faces of the hosts and guests to be seen. After a couple of seconds, five girls walk in. They’re the same group in the music video I watched earlier.

“We are The Muses!”

“Oh, that’s a lovely introduction! From our lovely guests! Right James?”

“It was!”

They sat down, and the members introduced themselves. The show didn’t grab my full attention. I continued watching to pass the time. I’m sorry, I forgot their names already.

“Lovers in death is currently number 1 on the Anor and Caof charts! It is also within the top 15 of the 8 other charts!”

“That’s right Jessie. It will most likely be the biggest hit song of February!”

“Even the year! If the momentum keeps up.”

“What do you girls think is the biggest reason for this song’s success?”

The other members’ gazes move to the girl in the middle. She was also the center of the music video.

“The concept and lyrics of our song really matched this time.”

“The choreography and visuals were on point,” says another girl.

“Thank you to our company Starship entertainment for supporting us.”

“We are still quite new to this, but we owe a massive ‘THANK YOU!’ to our fans and supporters! They may be the biggest reason for our success!”

“Hahaha! Jessie, they’re not even a year in and they give us ‘Idol’ answers already!”

“Well. Idols belong on the stage, so let’s give it up for ‘The Muses’!”

The Muses then perform two songs: ‘Truly in Love’ and ‘Lovers in death.’ Their performance was well polished and beautiful. Of the two songs, you could see their hit single matching them well, and it was on a different level. It was an excellent performance.

The show ended. I turn off the display.

I want to start my entertainment agency. It’s not a ‘big dream’ or anything. Maybe it’s just a moment of inspiration. Seeing my own stars on screen! Got to admit it sounds fantastic. I can almost picture it!

Image

IMAGE

[collapse]

Think of all the good things! While I live in constant pain. I can adjust to it. It’s a minor flaw in my otherwise good life.

I’ve never known my parents. They died when I was still a baby, but gramps took me in, and he gave me all I needed. Dewey and I were always close, even though he was older. Lucine is my younger sister that always looked up to me.

Even without blood ties, we are, without a doubt, connected.

That was sappy. Let me brag a bit.

I am a guy with a lot of talents. When the pain was not that bad. I got top grades. Managed businesses, invested well, and accumulated wealth! I know how to play instruments and sing pretty well! I’m tall and good-looking, and I even excelled in sports! The actual overpowered protagonist!

Well, the sports stuff
 I quit. When I get injured, the pain never goes away. I still sense that my ankle’s stuck at an awkward angle. My bones pinch and scrape the muscles of my left arm, and my elbows feel disjointed.

Whenever I play music or sing songs. My emotions run wild. With a bonus of amplifying pain! I do dumb stuff after a session. My destructive experiments get inspired when I do these things.

The top grades
 did not matter in the end. I dropped out of school.

I am rich, though!

I spent most of this year lying in bed. The ever-increasing pain took its toll on me. My age and it gets worse! My body suffers like it’s burning from the inside! I experienced burns, and they are kid-level compared to this!

THE WORST PART IS! I CAN NEVER SLEEP! PAIN! THAT WON’T EVER GO AWAY! BURN! KILL! DIE! I’M GONNA SOAK YOU IN ACID! POUR GASOLINE ON YOU AND SET YOU ON FIRE!


 Breathe in. Breathe out. Remember, you tried those things already, and it didn’t work. Think happy thoughts.

I have an invincible spear. I don’t have the shared weakness men have. A kick in the balls is nothing! Plus, it’s massive! It’s extra-long and extra hard!

Extra-long and hard but useless
 No worries! My time will come one day! As long as it’s gone, I will be grateful! Even if I last for one second.

“I’ll do it! Set up my entertainment agency!”

I pump myself up. I already live with pain. Let’s do something fun again. It might hurt more, though
 Doesn’t matter!

Onward to the future!

Outside my window, it looks like it’s early morning. I stand up and stretch my body. My neck can move now. It doesn’t feel better, but I know it’s healed.

“WOW! I missed this feeling of hell!”

My eyes fill with tears, and they are not tears of joy. Not even close.

I ask for permission to go outside. Looks like the hospital has cleared me. I’ll be leaving this hospital in a few days. Cleared while still sick? Classic.

When I was young, I thought hospitals were scams. They did not cure my pain, and they ignored my spear that was ready to go the whole time! I then realized that some unexplainable conditions show up. Specialized doctors handle such cases.

On my visit before. A patient came in. I thought she was wearing a cat costume. It was not a costume. She’s back to normal now. Another one with the same condition appeared. The lady kept her ears and tail. I saw the fiery gaze of that woman’s husband. That guy was into it. One of them changed nothing. I saw the
 That guy
 His dream came true.

I met up with several of these specialized doctors. None of them worked. They keep in touch and contact me if anything new happens.

This hospital has a pretty sizable area for walking. As I walk around. I see a woman walking in my direction. She was walking on crutches. I move my body moves sideways to avoid her. Bad Idea. I forgot about my spear of destruction!

Her pace continued! Not paying attention to her surroundings. The spear of destruction hit her right in the gut. A sound left her mouth. The sudden collision threw her off balance. Down she goes.

“Ow.”

One of her crutches falls on her leg.

“OW!”

I froze. The woman looked up.

There was no doubt in my mind.

She saw my spear of destruction.

20