Chapter 6: Reasons
40 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the adventurers' guild inside the conference room was the group "Blue hope" made up of Alayas , Nubia, Alan and Braun, Around the table, which consists of 6 seats, this place was something special, since it was the place where the team used to gather, around the rectangular table there were 6 seats, 4 of them occupied by the main members of the Blue hope team, and two extras where Sora and Kira could be found, who were absent in the living room.

Unlike the first time that the "Blue hope" team would have met with Sora and Kira, they had a better team thanks to rising in rank in the guild, when they met Sora they were in Silver rank, but now the things had leveled up, "Blue hope" was now a platinum rank team, although it was not one of the two most notable rank, Mithril, Orichalcum who were warriors who could be considered the Elite, much less the class of Adventurers that could be considered adamantine rank heroes, they were a reliable team of platinum rank adventurers that the guild had available to deal with greater threats than a common team could deal with, the advancement of the team had stood out in the guild, as in just one year they had risen from silver to platinum.

Alan, now sporting better equipment, going from his armor that was originally just plain chainmail armor, now sporting armor that was still light enough to allow his sword movement, Refined chainmail armor with steel strong enough to withstand a direct hit from Sturdy enemies and continue fighting with light injuries, its attachments of small metal parts along the body had become flexible full armor parts that did not limit mobility. and they offered complete protection, and now she carried two swords a might be expensive for a silver rank adventurer but now the equipment, had better rewards like platinum rank.

Braun being the vanguard of the team, he had upgraded his armor to a full body, but with the removable helmet, which, thanks to his musculature, could offer better protection to the team is made of an even better metal than the steel Alan wore, instead of a grayish appearance his armor had dark hues. He also had two metal gloves that allowed him to make blunt impacts on enemies without the need to occupy his broadsword that he carried on his back, held by an attachment on his armor that allowed weapons to be placed on his back, and he wore a belt where he could place some emergency potions.

Nubia, being an archer, her equipment had not changed much, since it was based on agility, although now she carried two small swords that would allow her to face a close confrontation and her bow that was of a better quality of a light but hard steel as well. than the bowstring, allowing to use not only the typical arrows, now even to use large piercing arrows with stronger metals.

Alayas would have upgraded his simple leather armor to chainmail armor of steel similar to the one Alan wore, his magic staff now carried a gem of great value that offered improvements to perform all kinds of spells, and around his neck he wore a silver cross amulet, shaped like a key.

The team was talking to each other

"That was really exhausting huh..." Alan said stretching his body, reflecting the tiredness he had in his body

"Don't tell me, I just want to get home and take off my armor" said Braun rubbing part of his neck that was exposed by not wearing his helmet that was sitting in front of him.

"The mission said it was a large group of enemies categorized as B- and even C ranks that had come out of the forest and were threatening part of the trade routes, but with a large group of enemies I didn't think they meant such a large number. How many were there? More than 70? That explains why the mission was classified as a platinum rank"-Nubia said with a tired face

" Besides, it was almost three days away, it was a pretty remote place, and Sora and Kira didn't even come with us..., I'm envious of their improvement spells, the fatigue is reduced a lot with them"-Alayas finished by lying down funny his face on the table

"We haven't even seen him come to the guild for two weeks, let alone see him in the city, you usually meet with the Alayas, did he really not mention anything to you?" Braun said asking and yawning at the end of the sentence

"I haven't seen him since the time he treated me to dinner after practicing magic on the plain"

"By the way, how are you doing with that?" Nubia asked.

"The way he does magic is somewhat convoluted, but he says that it is necessary for me to finish understanding that, at least he gave me the assurance that he would teach me his improvement spells, at first I thought that we would support each other, but for him it wasn't that complicated to perform some spells that I taught him that he said he didn't know... magic is difficult to learn at first even if you have talent for it, but wherever he comes from it seems even more complicated to perform spells or is it just because I have the way to make my own spells, although I have already advanced a little, he taught me how many spells he has"

"Now that you mention it in the mission you used some enhancement spells that I hadn't heard of" - Braun said

"If that one was taught to me by him, although it is far inferior to his spell that raises all stats at the same time, I used tension up..."

"All up, is the spell that he uses"-Nubia term complementing what was previously said by Alayas

"Yes... He was also teaching me one called Titles above, but I didn't quite understand the full formula of the spell"

"I didn't ask you on the whole trip... but that necklace you're wearing was given to you by him"-nubia mentioned

"Eh... well he said it would look good on me... and that it's like a kind of connection between us... plus he had invited me to dinner and I wasn't going to turn him down..."

As she said this, the girl's face slightly blushed.

The group "Blue hope" had been the people with whom Sora and Kira interacted the most, really they were their friends in this new reality, over time they related getting to know each other more and more, however Sora with Kira were on their own Although they sometimes participated in some missions with the "Blue Hope " group, they maintained a good relationship.

Alayas being the only magician with whom Sora had established a certain closeness, there was a certain more special relationship with her, than, with the other members of the team, this was not due to some hidden reason, rather it was that Alayas was the first source to be able to access useful information about the workings of magic, and over time becoming a very good friend.

"Hehehe.... to me it smells like something that could be Love?" asked Alan, at the same time Braun and Nubia nodded their heads at Alan's statement

"I don't think he sees me like that... "-said Alayas shrinking her body

"Wow, you said it very seriously..." Nubia said

"He has always had a somewhat special relationship with you, well they are both magicians, and they make good synergy when they work as a team"

"Do you think so Braun?"

"Yes it is..."

"I wonder where the two of them are…" Nubia said as she rubbed her eye that gave off a small tear from exhaustion.

While this was happening, the door of the room was opened by a woman in the regulation dress of the guild.

"Sorry for the intrusion, Group "Blue Hope" your reward for the mission is ready, it will be delivered to you at the reception"

After finishing speaking the woman closed the door.

"Well I guess everyone can go to rest now... Let's collect the reward and it will be divided, we'll take it, we'll take another mission in about 3 days, that's fine" -Alan said speaking on behalf of the team

To which the entire team nodded, to the words said by Alan.

--------------------

In the capital of the Kingdom of Re-eztise , which received the same name as the kingdom " Re-eztise ", there were two well-known figures, that black-backed wolf and his master with his distinctive wine-colored cape

Being the capital of the kingdom, its main streets were much busier than even the fortress city E - Rantel , people from all parts of the Kingdom, including some of its forces, walked the streets, it was a main point for the exchanges, referring to the market itself and the entry and access of information from all parts of the Kingdom.

In one of the streets adjacent to the main ones was the Guild of the capital, and on the opposite side were Sora and Kira who had previously left the Guild after asking for some directions.

They walked for a while until they entered a building with a size similar to a small mansion, this place was an inn for travelers, the building was not luxurious nor was it of the highest class, but it looked and gave off a quite good place for visitors. standards of a normal villager, you fall like an Agency class.

Sora and Kira stayed in this building in one of the rooms on the third floor, the room looked relatively normal, it consisted of a large bed that could fit two people, some candles and a chandelier that hung from the central area, although made of simple iron, there was a table and on the opposite side of the bed was a mirror large enough to see the whole body.

Sora and Kira entered the room at the same time Sora closed the door Kira began to speak.

"Master this place is much noisier than E- Rantel "

"Of course Kira, we are in the royal capital"

"Now that I think about it master we haven't been out much, from the city of E- Rantel "

"I think it was necessary to know a little more about this place, also this should be a good place to collect more information, we have not had anything relevant in terms of information despite investigating almost the entire city of E- Rantel , at least the most important places where you can get information"

Throughout the stay of the duo, the two most important things were, one to get enough money to be able to stay in the city without any problem and cover their daily needs, and two the most important thing was to collect information, about the world, any kind of Information might be useful, but anything related to other worlds, or anything that might relate to the fact that brought them here in the first place, was the main goal, but so far after almost a year there hadn't been any progress whatsoever. regarding the latter

"Master, I feel that there has not been any kind of progress with the information"

"It's not that you don't feel it, there's just nothing, absolutely nothing. Unless it's directly related to other worlds" This was said by Sora with a somewhat frustrated tone of voice, but without making a real sense of frustration- " Thanks to everything we have obtained, in addition to the help of Alayas in recent months, with regard to the magic of this place, I already have, at least some basics to understand this magic..."

The husky took a deep breath and exhaled deeply before speaking.

" At least in the test we did, he even managed to make the spell made with his own bases work"

"It's true..." said the magician with a certain tone of pride.

"In the worst case I suppose you would have to create the spell entirely yourself"

"If we don't get anything that helps us maybe it will have to be done, although maybe there is something that resulted from the investigation, something, a possibility, among all the information we got, mainly related to, the Slane Theocracy there were 6 great gods. .."

"Master gods? Just like grandpa." Kira asked as she tilted her head and lowered her ear, the "grandfather" that Kira was referring to was naden more than the God of her world commonly called both Sora and Kira as old man, messenger or grandfather.

"Not like him, at least for the literary tales, well in general all the information related to them, they saved humanity from the brink of extinction, do you remember the old stories of our world, about how magic was developed as a countermeasure for demonic sorcery, well in this place it was introduced by these external agents, the magic at least the one currently used is not originating from the beings of this world"

"She is not originally from this world... Then master means that these 6 Great Gods, do they come from another world?"

"If so, according to the literature they are beings of great power from another world, they introduced magic about 600 years ago, they are not like the old man, they directly intervened in this world, and I really doubt they are gods in all name From the word, they were probably deified as gods by the inhabitants of this world, but if my guesses are slightly correct, they might have come to this world because of something similar to what happened to us."

"Wait master, then that means magic hasn't existed for more than a millennium in this world... And if you're right, this wouldn't be an isolated event and beings from other worlds could arrive in different time frames..."

"That's right, this opens a little fear in me"

"If magic has existed for a short time... and those beings continue in this world, it would mean that there would be no way to return known, if they managed to return to their world they would take the secret, and if they stayed, but there is no evidence of them at present, would mean that they could be mortals of great power that were left in this world and as you say they would not be completely gods"

"Precisely mate, you are correct Kira although for one last part leaving aside that outright possibility with these 6 "Gods", if magic has only existed for about 600 years, it will not have had enough time to progress, perhaps in At some point we must investigate in the Slane Theocracy, although I don't know how much more information related to this could be, in that place, although there is also the possibility that I am thinking things much further than they really are"

"Maybe so be master..."

"And if we can't get information so we can get back, I guess I'll have to do it the old fashioned way, trial and error, a century or two or three no matter how long it takes to be honest, it takes just as long to create the conventional teleportation spell -Sora shrugged his shoulders and gave his partner a subtle smile.

"Wait a moment master!!! He didn't say it would only take 10 years at most" -Kira told his master expectantly, his master's face did not instill confidence, after all he contradicted himself.

"Did I say 10 years? No no...you must have misheard me I think I said 100 years at least...little doggo "

"You're kidding... 100 years without being able to go home"

"Hey in my defense we were locked in my dungeon for almost 160 years creating various spells before coming out again, 100 years fly by..."

There were various reasons why no matter how much time passed, neither Sora nor Kira would show complete frustration or despair at not being able to return to their world even after a long time.

The first reason is that Kira trusted her master enough to know that he was capable of bringing them to her world sooner or later.

The second was that the concept that the "Limit" time did not exist for these two beings, mortal beings, demi-humans or any race in general, except for some heteromorphic races, where we could include Overlord, or some groups of demons, every "living" being is limited by "time" the end of the useful life of its existence, this could be seen mainly in humans who, unlike other races, have a more than modest life span, barely reaching the 100 years, some humans like Fluder paradyne and Igrit (one of the members of the thirteen heroes) were able to increase the longevity of the end of their lives but without completely stopping their time limit, after all, all "living" beings are inherent in death.

However , the concept of natural death no longer belonged to Sora and Kira's bodies, they were two beings who transcended this time limit, if we wanted to define this in a few words.

An Eternal body, but not immortal.

Third, Sora was confident that even if it took him a long time, once they reached his world he could return moments after they disappeared, this thanks to one of his greatest creations, that spell that brought them here in the first place, a spell which was even once stolen from Sora's hands and used by God, the Space-Time spell.

Unlike Ainz, who was a player transported to this world, and as such had a huge repertoire of spells, he could perform them thanks to the fact that he had acquired them through the game as such, while Sora was someone from a world Born where magic existed and was capable of not only performing, but "creating" spells, thanks to his vast knowledge of magical formulas.

1