Chapter 52. Once Again, Bad Luck
279 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I am fucked.”

 

Knowing my mother, I already know what is about to happen. Shit! It is better to fight Oliver than to go back and get scolded.

 

“I really don’t want to return.”

 

But unfortunately, there is no other way. If not back home, then where can I go? I could probably wander a bit more, but it is not the same for Miria.

 

As happy as she seems, it doesn’t change the fact her parents have died, and her home is now burned in ashes, leaving her homeless. It is very important to find a place of belonging, as it keeps the mind sane. To this point, the reason she hasn’t lost her sanity is my existence.

 

In a way or another, my appearance in front of her has changed her ruined fate. Despite losing everything dear to her, she still has a purpose to live. And of course, that is me. The fact she comes at midnight to smell me already indicates that her obsession level with me is too high. I hope she doesn’t turn into yandere after knowing that I have two fiancées.

 

“Shit! I haven’t told her about it, right?”

 

And then I remembered that I didn’t tell her about it. I was about to inform her during the time I mentioned about me a noble, but…

 

“The situation just escalated and I forgot.”

 

Before I could even reveal all of it, her knowledge of me being a noble caught me off-guard. And soon after that, she started to make fun of me, which cracked a man’s pride making me discipline her.

 

“When should I tell her?”

 

Honestly, I want to tell her now and free myself from all worries. But as much as I wanted, I couldn’t muster the courage. Damn! Where is that smug villain confidence when I need it the most?!

 

Now, my face has become paler than ever. If I returned home with her, there is no doubt Miria would learn about me being engaged. And then I would be bombarded, not only with my mother’s scolding but with Miria’s as well.

 

“If I don’t handle it well, them my future paradise… My harem might fail… No, it can’t happen!”

 

What are you thinking, Kurt? Think positive!

 

“That’s right. Think positive. There is no need to be that stressful.”

 

Since Miria knows about noble, there is no way she doesn’t know about polygamy. More so, when it is a norm in this world. Heck, even my father – Count Russell has a harem of three wives. Though I haven’t met them once.

 

“Maybe, I should meet them once.”

 

I don’t want to be caught in some house succession dispute like most scenarios in anime. As for having a noble title, I can get my father’s or I can earn one. With my future plan of being a part of Ultimate Magicians, I doubt that I can’t even get a simple noble title.

 

Well, that’s why I should be calm. Knowing her, she must have known it. So, what should I do now?

 

Taking a deep breath, I determined myself with stern eyes. And with that, I did what should. The step every man takes at this moment…

 

“I will tell her some other time.”

 

I procrastinated.

 

---

 

The time rolled, and before I knew the day of departure came in. All packed up, keeping the luggage in my subspace, both of us hitched a ride towards Earlshide.

 

The horse pulled the cart, and with it came the rhythmic sound of the wheels rolling on the ground. At this moment, I realized the seriousness. The rhythmic sound of the wheels only made me more anxious, making me understand that by each second, I am more near to my home.

 

‘I never told her till the end!’

 

The more fast the cart is, the more my heart thumped. Acting as if I was feeling motion sickness, I was lying with my head resting on Miria’s thighs, and that too with my face being downside, releasing occasional warm breaths making Miria shiver and moan.

 

Such a good position to have a romantic moment, but I was in no mood to pay attention to that. All I could think of was how to reduce the impact.

 

That’s right, guys. I gave up on preventing it. And all of my thoughts were in the race to find the answer on how to reduce the impact of the blast.

 

The whole journey was nothing but torture to me, making my heart rate increase more as we advanced. And before I knew it…

 

“Kurt, we have reached.”

 

Miria rubbed my hair and told me with a happy tone. After all, she is about to come and live with her lover in his house, why wouldn’t she be happy?

 

But her words sounded like a death sentence to me. 

 

“What?!”

 

I came out of her warm supple thighs abruptly and looked outside finding the familiar huge walls and the queue of carts in front of the entrance. We have reached the capital of Earlshide Kingdom.

 

‘How did we reach so fast?! I haven’t even thought of a single solution!’

 

Crisis! I felt a huge crisis. With no answer with me, the only solution I could think of was to kneel and pray to God to somehow save me from the upcoming disaster.

 

“Damn! Why was I hesitant? I should have told her days ago!”

 

And I cursed myself out loud. I started to think that if I informed Miria the moment I thought of it, I could have gotten some curses, but at least I wouldn’t be suffering from this huge stress. 

 

But in the midst of this huge stress, I forgot that my self-cursing should be in my inner monologue. Miria, the root of the problem was standing there, looking at me with her gaze.

 

And that oppressive gaze…

 

‘Oops!’

 

“M-Miria, this….”

 

“So, what are hiding from me?”

 

There she was, not the cool but the housewife Miria. Looking at her, I knew there was no escape. I hide it to this moment, only to get caught now. And once again, this incident made me realize that as a villain, I always have bad luck.

==

For more 15+ chapters - ko-fi.com/mewriter

12