Chapter 57. Business(2)
217 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Business? Where do you get these ideas?”

 

“Of course, from you.”

 

“That’s it. Stop bragging. You are just making me do more work.”

 

I just chuckled at his words. My father wanted to just ignore it, but his duties as a father shackled him, making him unable to refuse me. 

 

And I knew it. No matter how much tired he is, he will help me. Looking at both, the Count and the Countess, I truly feel blessed.

 

‘That guy Kurt really got good parents.’

 

Well, enough being sentimental. I am here to do business. My future money… I am coming!

 

“So, what do you think?”

 

Despite my status as a reincarnator, I am a novice at business. I mean, how could I know how to do business? Before reincarnation, I was nothing but a hopeless otaku. That’s why instead of starting on my own, I came here to my father to consult about it.

 

Don’t forget, he is the vice-minister of the finance department. He handles the nation’s money. Without a doubt, he has a talent for business, and in addition to that, he also has connections with businessmen. As a son, I have to squeeze all out of him.

 

My father seemed to understand my sleazy expression and then seriously looked at my items. After several seconds, he gave his opinion.

 

“This pouch can be sold, but this sword is a no.”

 

“Huh? Why?”

 

How can this happen?! You know that guy – the protagonist made this sword and sold it making a lot of money. I also want to earn it! But looking at my father’s solemn expression, it seems there is a reason. And if there is a reason, I have to know it.

 

“Truthfully, both of your items can bring a lot of money. This replaceable sword can make the labour, materials, and cost of it cheaper than the rest in the market. And this pouch can make the daily effort of carrying loads much easier.”

 

“Then why the sword is no?”

 

“Kurt, where would you sell this sword?”

 

“Huh? Isn’t it obvious? I will sell it in Earlshide.”

 

“That won’t work.”

 

“Tell me the reason.”

 

I sat down on the chair as my legs started to become sore after standing for a long time, and my father started to explain the reason behind it.

 

Replaceable sword is an excellent item for business. First, the making of the hilt is a bit complex, but as soon as that is finished, one can replace the blade and reuse it. What are the advantages of it? First of all, it can help to use less materials. Then, the labour costs would go down. And the time to manufacture would drastically reduce since all one needs is a blade instead of a complete sword.

 

The quality might be compromised, but that is minuscule in comparison to its other advantages. In times of war, this is the best weapon to reinforce the army with.

 

“And that’s the reason, Kurt. We are not at war.”

 

The Earlshide’s army is already equipped with weapons. They might have normal swords compared to his replaceable one, but still, why would they waste funds buying this new weapon? At least, unless there is a war, it would be difficult for him to sell this sword.

 

“Hmm…”

 

He is right. Thinking of it now, the reason the protagonist sold these weapons was because they were at war against the Bluesphere Empire. Now, there is tension between the nations, but it hasn’t escalated to a war.

 

But is there any scarcity of wars in any world?

 

“What if we sold it to Bluesphere Empire?”

 

“It might work but…”

 

“But?”

 

“It’s the matter of patriotism, Kurt. How can you sell these weapons to the enemy country?”

 

Oh! This father of mine is really loyal to his nation. Sorry, Father but this son of yours is a capitalist. And for a black-hearted capitalist, there are no borders. 

 

“Thanks for your help, father.”

 

Looking at my smile, his expression just crumbled. After all, he realized that I was not going to stop at the notion of having patriotism within me.

 

“You will sell it to Bluesphere Empire, right?”

 

“Right!”

 

“You…!” 

 

Anger rushed into his head, but soon he found himself helpless. Because the Count well knows, that his anger won’t work in his unrestricted son.

 

“Sigh! Well, if that’s the case then you have to make your company outside of Earlshide.”

 

“I also thought about it. So where should I go?”

 

“Go to the nation of merchants – Els Federation of Free Commerce. That’s the best place to start a business.”

 

===

 

“Miria, pack your bags.”

 

“Huh? Where are we leaving, Master?”

 

These days, she is already accustomed to her role as a maid, escort, and mistress in bed and she no longer needs teaching. Now, Miria is the best personal maid she could be.

 

I signalled to her and told her about our new adventure. Els Federation of Free Commerce, you will be my springboard for future wealth. I will make a conglomerate in this isekai world!

 

“Els. We are leaving for Els. Pack up some clothes, mostly for a month or so.”

 

“Does Countess know about it?”

 

As soon as Miria took the name of Mother, all my adrenaline stopped. Mother? I didn’t inform her about it. If she knows that I am leaving soon after I arrive, then…

 

“Kurt!”

 

Damn! Crow’s mouth!

 

The door flung open, and there she was standing, Mama Ritzburg with her usual heavy attire befitting of a noble. But her expressions were not.

 

“I heard that you are leaving again, I won’t allow it!”

 

“Mother, this time it is totally safe. I am not going for some dangerous work. It’s Els. I am leaving for Els.”

 

Shit! Where did she learn about it? I mean I haven’t even packed the bags, and here she is. Does she have ears on the walls?!

 

The Office…

 

“Achoo! That Kurt must be swearing about me.”

 

With a happy smile, Russell Von Ritzburg rubbed his nose and continued to work after informing her wife of Kurt’s decision to leave again. After all, he knows his standing in the house.

 

‘If Kurt leaves and she doesn’t know, then…’

 

Shivers! Just thinking about the future consequences makes him shiver in fear.

 

“I have to care about myself. Sorry, son.”

 

But there was no repentance in his face only a beaming smile just the way Kurt had in his meet with him. 

==
For more 15+ chapters - ko-fi.com/mewriter

12