Chapter 58. Glenn Corner
680 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

‘I want to achieve something. Something that sets me apart from the norm.’

 

This is a sentiment shared by the whole of humanity. Everyone wants to achieve something greater, for fame, for recognition, or for luxury. And do you know the easiest way to achieve it?

 

It’s to do business.

 

And with that sentiment in his heart – Glenn Corner came to this nation of commerce – Els Federation. And with his skills, it didn’t take long for him to reach a good position, but you know, the craving never stops.

 

They want to build something from the start, the experience of reaching from the bottom to the top. He was confident, only to find himself crashing down.

 

And he knows the reason behind it. It was simple. He is ordinary. The world doesn’t lack people like him. With multiple competitors in the same market, his business didn’t last. 

 

Leaving his dreams behind, he focused on reality. His wife and daughter… He can’t make them live in poverty. So, he used his skills and got a job in a normal business company and worked the same monotonous job.

 

And now after his job, he is here in the tavern, drinking beer to relieve his pain.

 

Gulp! Gulp!

 

“When will I achieve something?”

 

Tap Tap!

 

He turned his head to find a boy looking at him with a smile. The boy tapped the table to catch his attention, and he surely succeeded.

 

“What it is, kid?”

 

The word ‘Kid’ made the boy grit a bit, but he didn’t show it and sat down after calming down with a breath. 

 

“What’s your name, Uncle?”

 

Gulp!

 

Glenn observed the boy in front of him. Quite tall, and has good facial qualities. And from his body proportions, he is well-built as well. With his experience, he could tell that this boy in front of me was a noble.

 

He carried that regal feeling with him. But the fact he is hiding it means he doesn’t want to show it. So, he didn’t intrude and after a second or so, he said his name.

 

“Glenn Corner.”

 

“Corner? Hmm… Where have I heard it?”

 

‘Did he know me?’

 

A thought flashed in his mind. But it didn’t take a second for him to reject that thought. After all, how famous is he to make noble know him?

 

But the kid’s eyes widened a bit, and then he looked at him with squinted eyes. Just like him, this kid was now observing him, and that too with some serious eyes. And soon, his face was lightened up, and he said something that made all his tipsiness thwart away.

 

“Uncle Glenn, want to do business with me?”

 

==

 

‘Glenn Corner. I know who he is.’

 

I looked at the drunk blonde man looking at me with shocked eyes. Well, he would be. After all, I said something ridiculous. A kid suggesting business? That’s the joke of the century.

 

But I didn’t mean it as a joke. Because if I am right, this man in front of me is the father of one of the ultimate magicians – Alice Corner.

 

‘What a luck!’

 

Els Federation of Free Commerce. Soon following my father’s suggestion, and escaping from my mother, both me and Miria left for Els.

 

And with magic, it didn’t take long for us to come here. With unlimited magic power, flying is no longer a dream. Within several hours, both of us reached Els.

 

After entering the main city, I was indeed surprised by this commerce hub. The people in the streets are denser than Earlshide’s. The amount of shops and stalls in each street… No wonder this is the world's biggest business market.

 

“But first I need to know how to open a company.”

 

I hoped I could rely on someone from my father’s connections to help me start a company, but that man rejected me without batting an eye. And on what grounds?

 

Patriotism! 

 

Damn, I am his son, all right!

 

He told me to cease the weapon business, and he would help me. Hmph! It seems he didn’t know my confidence. What if he doesn’t help me? I can do it myself.

 

Who am I? A reincarnator and with that a villain. I am Kurt Von Ritzburg, the future richest man. But reality sure came crashing down. It was a bit problem, but establishing a company wasn’t a big problem.

 

The big problem was how to sell my products. I am a novice, and Miria was no expert as well. So, I need a manager. But who would spend their time listening to a child’s nonsense about opening a business?

 

Connections, I needed connections! What am I doing here despite being a noble heir?!

 

But what could I do? That father was against the trade. And him, underestimating me hurt my ego. Without proper business, there was no way I was returning home.

 

A week passed by without any success. All I did was eat, sleep (with Miria), and search for a talented business partner. Only sleeping was the solace in these days. Miria’s maid dress sure made it more exhilarating. 

 

But my initial purpose went on being unfulfilled. With no options in my hand, I followed one of the most simple tropes in isekai anime – Going to a Tavern.

 

Whenever one needs to gather information, the tavern is the place. I too came in. And you know, the one who said it was indeed right.

 

In this tavern, he was sitting alone, rambling about dreams and whatnot. People with dreams are easy to poach in. So, I approached him.

 

And here it is, an extra character of the story. Glenn Corner. His last name me realize who he is. Father of one of the ultimate magicians – Alice Corner.

 

So, I offered him. And looking at his startled eyes, I knew that I succeeded. 

 

‘I poached one!’

 ==

For more 15+ chapters - ko-fi.com/mewriter

10