Chapter 59. Nothing Comes Easy For a Villain
226 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“So, are you onboard?”

Glenn Corner. Though his aspirations fell short, he wasn’t stupid. He has years of experience in business, and his skills prove it. After all, even at his current job, he holds a pretty significant spot, earning a good amount of money.

At first, he followed this kid, all because he was curious. A kid, from his appearance he is probably a bit older than his daughter, and he wants to start a business. Glenn too had such dreams, only to fail.

So, he thought of giving some advice to this kid named Kurt to leave the field. But the items in front of him told another story.

Subspace Pouch and Replaceable Sword.

After looking at the items and their uses all his thoughts stopped.

Glenn’s business acumen was telling him that these two items were going to revolutionize this market. He could see the future changing because of these two. And the fact, that he could be a part of it made his blood boil, making him experience the same energy he once carried as a young man.

The ambitions to reach the top of the business. The best of the best. He could see that in the kid in front of him. And funny enough, he felt that this kid might be able to achieve it.

It was a chance to come out from his monotonous job and do something adventurous. Start from anew and reach the top. But…

‘What if it fails again?’

Business is always volatile. Just because there is a good item, a good idea, or good capital, it doesn’t mean it will succeed. As much as he wanted to do it, his past failure crept into him like shackles and bound him.

Sigh…

Glenn closed his eyes and pressed his forehead for a second. And finally, he answered Kurt’s proposal. 

“I…”

==

“I didn’t expect he would deny it.”

I looked at the empty seat where Glenn was sitting a moment before. Just from his reaction, I could see him being intrigued by my items. With his sparkling eyes, I thought he was in my hands.

Though I looked relaxed, I was far from it. I needed a manager for my business, and even after all these days of grinding, I found one perfect individual only to lose him.

Glenn Corner. Not only I could make him my subordinate, but by making a connection with him, I could also get that petite magician - Alice Corner. This deal is simply too good to miss.

“What do you think went wrong, Miria?”

I looked behind at Miria clad in maid dress which was now a norm, and asked her. Maybe, she noticed something I didn’t.

“I think he is scared.”

“Scared of me? Why?”

I mean, I didn’t do anything to him. How can he be scared of me? 

“Not scared of you, but of something else.”

“Then do you know what that something else is?”

“How could I know?”

I was a bit sceptical about Miria’s opinion, but if Glenn is indeed scared of something, then…

“Then I have to know it.”

All to get a manager and a future ultimate magician member on my board and harem as well. After all, she is a beautiful girl. Even though she is petite, I am a man with distinct tastes. 

‘That’s the essence of being a modern man.’

“Let’s go, Miria.”

Without any delay, both of us came out of the inn to find out the “Something” Glenn Corner was afraid of, all for my benefit.

==

“Glenn. He is more famous than I thought.”

With his business skills, his fame was quite spread around the capital of Els. This only made me more confident that I have chosen the perfect person for the job. 

Since both of us didn’t know much about Glenn, it was normal for us to walk around and inquire the locals about him. His name was known to most, so it took us no time to know all about Glenn. 

Glenn Corner. He came to Els with great aspirations just like countless and rose to a prominent position very quickly. But soon resigned from his job, and started his own business. But instead of any dramatic start, he failed, and that too miserably. It almost drove him to poverty.

But with his skills, it didn’t take long for him to get another job, and now he is living the same life he had before he started his own business.

In true meaning, he returned to where he started.

“So, that’s the case.”

I thought it would be difficult to find, but here it is, the root of the problem. Glenn Corner, it seems that failure struck him quite hard. Well, the consequences of the failure were quite high for him. From the talks, it seems he almost became a beggar.

And now he has the opportunity to start a new business, but the fear is stopping him from coming out of that comfort zone. Maybe, not just fear but responsibility also has a part in it. After all, he is a father and a husband now.

But…

“He wanted to be part of it.”

His sparkling eyes weren’t lying to me. He too wanted to be part of it. It means there is a chance. And what can I do? I can’t give it up now. Not now when I have the perfect person.

“I thought I would get a manager in a snap of a second and to think I have to do so grind here as well… Sigh. Nothing goes easy in my life.”

What can I do? Nothing comes favourably in the hands of a villain.

===

Read extra 15+ chapters in - ko-fi.com/mewriter

8