Chapter 63. Void and Void Pro
135 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was evening.

And just like I decided earlier on, I was at Glenn’s house to discuss the business. As for Miria, she is resting in the inn because of my exploits. Though I escaped from her question, it was evident that I had to answer it in some way or another.

‘I have to think about how to answer her.’

The reason for my escape was because I indeed wanted to manipulate her. It was a truth that I approached with impure thoughts. I approached her for my benefit, and it will never change.

I wanted to acquire her because she was Oliver’s Miria. But now, she is no longer Oliver’s but Kurt's—my Miria. And the fact that she is mine is making me hesitate about how to answer her.

My answer could make her hurt, and the thought of it was making me feel that as well. Damn! The times have changed. To think that I would feel guilt over my own actions...

“Kurt-sama? Kurt-sama!”

“Oh! Sorry. I was a bit lost in thought.”

Glenn’s shout made me snap out of my thoughts. That’s right. Now, I am here on a different matter. I should complete this matter first.

“Are you really alright? If not, then---”

“No, it’s alright. Let’s continue.”

To him, I wasn’t looking alright, but Glenn, being understandable, didn’t inquire about it. And without any more questions, he started the talk on the purpose for which both of us are here: business.

“I think that the pouch will be hit. But still, I want to inquire about its specifics. Kurt-sama, for how long does it work?”

“To tell the truth, I can modify it according to my wishes. But if you want to know the maximum time up to which it can last, then one year. That’s the maximum amount of time the pouch will work.”

“One year… That’s better than I thought.”

Soon, he took on to ask more about the pouch. About how it was made and how much time it takes to create one. And as he inquired for more, he found one problem.

“Kurt-sama, if I agree with your words, then there is a problem.”

"What is it?”

“Kurt-sama, there is a shortage of quality enchanters. This subspace pouch, though it is an incredible magic tool, can't be replicated by other enchanters. It will be a problem in mass manufacturing it.”

Glenn’s words were right. The reason I could create this pouch is because of my modern knowledge and experience. This magic pouch... I am afraid no one other than me can create it. Maybe the Guru and the protagonist might be able to do it, but that's a different issue.

“Hmm… If that’s the case, let’s give up the normal market for now. We will target the bigger customers.”

Who needs subspace pouches the most? It is the businessmen. For those people, the existence of pouches will save them huge transportation costs.

“So, we will target businessmen?”

“Not only businessmen but nobles as well. Let’s present the pouch as a luxury item as well.”

Who are nobles? They are the epitome of society. And they have the pride of a noble. That pride makes them, even if they don't act according to the noble oblige, sure own pricey and unique things befitting of that status. I will take advantage of that pride to sell these pouches.

“But to make them more presentable, I have to beautify this pouch a bit more.”

Unlike businessmen, who use it for practical reasons, nobles will use it for a show. And if that’s the case, then the pouch needs to be remade for that purpose. With that, it was decided that we would start dropping two types of pouches: Void and Void Pro.

Void would be made from comparably low-quality materials, emphasizing practicality. But it’s lasting effect would be eight months. Meanwhile, Void Pro will be made from more expensive materials and will be more royal in quality. And the lasting effect of this pouch would be one year. And in terms of space, the Void Pro will have more to store than the Void.

The time went by, and Glenn and I continued to discuss it, deciding on the prices, the designs, and much more. And soon, it was night. Most of the necessary preparations were complete. But still, I couldn’t help but ask Glenn once again.

“Glenn, will it work?”

“Of course, it will work!”

A smile came on Glenn’s face, showing his excitement over this business. For a dreamer like him, this business is like a dream come true. His smile contained confidence, and that made me calm down.

Now, thinking of it, my father is a count, with me being heir to it. Even if I fail, I can still live a life of luxury. This thought made all the pressure fly away.

In a way, this made me understand the lives of rich kids. No need for pressure; just squander your father’s money, and when you grow up, take over his business and then earn a lot to squander more. Such a proper life cycle.

‘Well, now that I have a competent worker under my control, all I need to do is leave the business to him. The only thing I need to do is count the money coming in, and later on... Hehehe...'

Now, I could truly envision my future life of living with women and luxury. Thinking of women, Miria flashed in my mind, making me remember the matter I needed to address after this.

What should I do?

These types of situations truly made me stressed. With no answer coming to mind, I just gave it up and decided to come out clean.

‘I will tell her whatever comes to mind.’

With a decision in hand, I decided to execute it immediately. I will go directly to the inn, enter the room, tell Miria about it, somehow coax her, and then have my favorite night exercise. The want of the night exercise made me impatient, so I stood up and walked towards the door to leave.

“Glenn, I am leaving. If there is anything more to discuss, let’s do it tomorrow.”

“Y-Ye-- wait! How about you have dinner here? Alice also likes you to be here.”

Looking at him enthusiastically mentioning his daughter to coax me, my eyes turned narrow, making me wonder what was turning in this guy’s mind.

And then a thought flashed in my mind. This guy...

“Don't tell me... You want to join your daughter with me?!”

===

Read extra 15+ chapters in ko-fi.com/mewriter

3