Chapter 6. My Guarantee!
1.7k 4 61
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

‘Of course, it wouldn’t be that simple, right?’

Being a villain, even simple things are bound to become difficult. I wanted to stand and shout my heart out – “Why does protagonist can make her fall that easily and I have to work so hard?”

But complaining won’t make it any difference.

‘My handsome façade worked in Maria but isn’t working in Cecily.’

And that’s when I remembered that even in original, didn’t Cecily fall for the protagonist because of his helping nature?

‘I am an idiot!’

And in a snap of a second, I changed myself from a handsome and cool to a helpful and caring person.

“Cecily, do you any problem?”

“Huh? W-What do you mean, Kurt-sama?”

 My question made her flinch, making me surer that I grabbed the golden rope at the moment. And with that I started to press her, to make her open to me. Cecily is a submissive type of girl. It means she cowers in front of most problems.

In the original, despite having problems in the engagement with Kurt, she didn’t dare to speak up to her parents in fear of him.

“Hmm… It seems you are hiding something, Cecily.”

Maria, her best friend also came in and supported me. I looked at her in surprise only to find her winking at me. Damn! You are my best girl, Maria!

“N-No, it’s nothing, Maria.”

Her fumbled words did nothing but raised our suspicions. I went on and grabbed her hands making her look at me. It wasn’t visible, but her anxiety went down a bit. And I asked once again with more subtlety in my tone.

“Listen, Cecily. I don’t understand you wariness for me.”

“I-I am not wary…”

“Wait. Let me finish first.”

I placed my finger on her lips to make her shut up. She nodded and I patted her like a good girl making a bit blush and after that, I continued my speech.

“But it is alright. After all, I didn’t know you before nor do you know me. Still, we are now engaged. That’s why I want to know about you.”

I pressed her hands a bit more, giving her warmth and reassurance to her.

“And for me to understand you, you need to share your problems with us. After all, from today me, Maria and you are going to be together. That’s why, tell us. What are making such a face?”

“I-I…”

My words made it’s way, but it seemed to still lack a bit. But Maria came beside her and rubbed her shoulder, making her feel a bit more secure.

“Tell us, Cecily.”

And finally, with the combined effort of me and Maria, we broke the Cecily’s shell. I didn’t expect it to be that difficult.

‘It’s good that I captured Maria first.’

If not for Maria, I don’t know how long it would take for Cecily to fall for me. Well, all is well that ends well.

“I-I don’t want this engagement.”

But her first words made me realize that the end is still way off from being well.

---

“I-I don’t want this engagement.”

‘What?!’

My heart momentarily stopped because of her words. Cecily, you are my lifeline! But despite all that, I didn’t let it show in my face.

‘If I make a different face, all the words I said before would be in vain.’

Cecily looked at me soon after her words, and I controlled my shock and didn’t let it on my face. From her expression, she seemed to be worried about my reaction to it. Even Maria looked at me with same expression.

‘I am not that narrow-minded like original Kurt to get angry over such a matter. Instead of being in rage, I am scared shitless!’

but instead of scared face, I showed a bit of sad demeanour. It’s time to get points from her using sympathy.

‘Don’t hate me for it. But I also have to save myself.’

And Cecily is perfect for it. After all, she isn’t called as Holy Maiden in future for nothing. I put some force into her hands and started my act.

“So, Cecily. Do you not like me?”

Rather than a simple act, it was more of desperate act. And that’s the reason for it to look real. Cecily flustered looking at my sadness.

“N-No. It’s not like that.”

‘That’s what I was waiting for.’

That sentence itself is a verification indicator that she doesn’t dislike me. It means I still have the chance to make her mine.

“Then why don’t like being engaged with me?”

“I-It’s…”

“Don’t worry about it. Just say it aloud, Cecily. Do you think I look like someone who would be angry over such a matter?”

“That’s right, Cecily. Tell whatever you have in mind.”

“Maria…”

Maria came over and buffed my words. It kind of made me a bit envious that her words worked more better than mine, but what can I do? She is her best friend.

“It’s just it is happening too sudden. I don’t even know Kurt-sama. And out of nowhere, engagement… It scares me.”

And after all that hard work, I finally heard her true words. And with that I also found her root of the problem.

“Sniff~ Sniff~ Sorry, it’s just…”

“It’s alright. Thanks for telling me.”

I patted over bawling Cecily while Maria patted her back. I kind of understand her anxiety. The decision of marrying an unknown person is kind of frightening. But… It also has a simple solution.

“Cecily. Are you scared?”

“Y-Yes.”

“You don’t have to be scared. After all, we are just engaged, not married. We have years to spend together. And if you don’t like me even after all that time, you can tell me honestly. I will break off the engagement from my side. But…”

I bowed down and looked at her eyes. She was looking at me too, and kind of averted it in shyness. But I didn’t let it go and kindly grabbed both of her cheeks, and turned her head to made her look into my eyes.

“But… You better be prepared for it, Cecily Von Claude. I will imprint everything about me in you in these years so much that you won’t be able to forget me. That’s my – Kurt Von Ritzburg’s guarantee!”

---

For support and advance chapters - ko-fi.com/mewriter

61