Vol.1 Chapter 0 Part 2
13 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

So... Tell me what you think about this chapter.

 

"What happened? My consciousness... It vanished. How long have I been here?"

Was what a blond-haired young man who was lying on the floor, on top of some rubble, was wondering.

Ruins... That was all he could barely see. Darkness surrounded him. What time was it? He could see the night sky, but... It looked like it was cloudy. Although... Despite that, he could see the silhouette of a tree, reaching up to the heavens, in the distance. Around it could also be found several corpses of people, who were wearing black suits. These were either split or were seriously damaged, not to describe it any further.

 

He wanted to get up to look around more, but could not. His body was numb, he felt absolutely nothing. Blood covered his face. It looked like he had broken his head. He could not see out of his left eye. His legs were also injured (they had several bruises), but the right one was more so. It was torn, and his bone was visible. His right arm was wounded, only bruised; on the other hand, the left one, this one...

 

- Ah...

 

The young man exclaimed, in a surprised tone, after seeing it... Although he almost couldn't even do it since he didn't have enough strength.

 

His arm was completely shattered and was, at the same time, amputated. Half of his arm was missing and the other was with many lacerations. His forearm was much worse. It was also torn down to the bone and you could see his nerves... I think. It also looked like his flesh was ground up.

 

In addition to all those wounds, he had a hole in his stomach and several broken ribs. He was in a pool of blood, his own blood.

 

At that moment, sirens could be heard in the distance. I could also hear people screaming. He could also hear things burning, an explosion, a horrible roar of something that was neither a man nor an animal... Indeed, many things were happening around him.

 

Then, the young man could also see, in the distance, how a long-haired man was walking. He seemed to be walking away from him. A mark was on his left hand, which glowed faintly. The young man saw it and felt something in him... Something... Strange. The man disappeared into the darkness.

 

- Ah!

 

Exclaimed a woman with orange hair, somewhat short and disheveled, who at that moment was carrying a little girl on her back. They were close to the spot. The little girl, for some reason, had dark green hair, and it was short. She also had pointed ears. The girl appeared to be exhausted, physically and mentally, and had a somewhat deep laceration on her right leg, which was bandaged with a piece of clothing. The girl also had bruises and scrapes all over her body.

 

The woman was in no better condition either. Some of her clothes were torn. The sleeves of her T-shirt had been torn to make the rough bandage on the girl. She also had some wounds on her face and seemingly had a broken rib or two. Breathing was a bit difficult for her as well.

 

They were both horrified by the scenario as well, though... It's not like the rest of the city was any better. What affected them a little more was the sight of the number of corpses, which exceeded twenty.

 

Despite all that, she approached the young man. She left the girl she was carrying next to him, sitting down (she did it carefully). Both were frightened and extremely worried, but the woman was almost in tears, seeing the young man in that state. She was wondering if he was still alive or not, but... The thought of the latter... Let's just say it was painful for her to know that there was that possibility.

 

- M-Mat! - exclaimed the orange-haired woman. - No... It can't be...

- *cough* I wouldn't die... So easily, you should know that by now...

 

He answered her barely, but he was smiling.

 

- Daddy! - the girl exclaimed. Don't ask.

- You're still alive! - exclaimed the woman. She tried to wipe away her tears.

- *cough* But not for long...

- Don't say that, you idiot! - she shouted at him. - You're not even serious right now... Agh... That doesn't matter.

 

After saying that, the woman wanted to help him somehow but... There was nothing she could do in the situation they were in.

 

- D-Dad, but... What happened to you? *sob* - the little girl said to him.

- I... I don't remember...

- Mat, you shouldn't force yourself to talk... - said the woman. - Just rest...

"I... I think I know how this happened to him..."

- Mom... I'm scared... - said the little girl.

- Don't worry... We'll get through this...

 

"But... What are we supposed to do now? Everything is in chaos and... " She thought and noticed something.

 

- Huh?

- W-what's wrong? - asked the girl.

- N-nothing...

 

The woman noticed that something was different about the young man. She felt that something was missing... But... She didn't give it any importance. She kept trying to help him.

 

While she was trying to do something, another "person" was approaching them as well.

 

- T-Trixxie! - exclaimed the girl. She had told to that someone. It was a yellow triangle with eyes, little hands and paws. She looked cute.

- Ah, you came! - exclaimed the woman. - B-but... Where's Roundy?

- I don't know, we got lost in all this chaos. - she said. - Ah!

 

She exclaimed in fright when she saw the young man's condition.

 

- M-Mat!

- Huh?

 

Out of nowhere, everyone began to feel a strong pressure... The earth began to shake.

 

- Agh... - the woman. - This... what's going on?

- Look! - the little girl exclaimed as she pointed. Everyone turned to look. The young man, who had been called Mat a few times already, also tried to do it... And he almost succeeded. He saw it for an instant.

 

Moments before, in another place, there was another woman who was carrying a little red, circular (flat) shaped creature that had little hands and paws. It was similar to Trixxie. He was Roundy. He appeared to be badly injured. The woman had a brunette complexion and black, frizzy hair. She was also wearing a black suit.

 

She was walking through the middle of the ruins of the city, looking for the aforementioned group. In the midst of all the chaos, it was somewhat difficult to find one's way around. The woman, while carrying Roundy, tried to avoid any kind of conflict. She also avoided some falling debris and poles, as well as some landslides. Getting through that terrain was tricky.

 

"Where the hell are they? I thought if I found one of them, I was going to find the rest, but they got separated..."

 

Thought the woman in those moments. At that, she glanced the surrounding area a bit.

 

"Agh... We were supposed to come to avoid this... But... We couldn't do anything."

 

At that, he came to an area where there were no buildings. There was only rubble. In the distance, he managed to make out something.

 

- What was that?

 

The earth began to shake.

 

Turning back to the other group, what they saw was the same man who seemed to be walking away from the young man, but... Now he was wielding some kind of sickle. It was huge.

 

- Ah!

 

The woman noticed this man, and, as she knew that he had been the one who had started it all, she decided to attack him. She pointed at him, making a pistol shape with her hand.

- S-stop. - said Mat, the young man.

- Huh? W-why?

- I don't know what you're planning to do, but... - he said. - For some reason, he didn't kill me... Besides, he didn't seem... Agh!

- Mat!

- Dad!

 

He looked like he was already starting to feel pain.

 

Trixxie wanted to say something, but... In the end, she didn't. At that, everyone realized that, indeed, that man was fighting someone... Or something.

 

- W-what the heck is that? - said the woman, frightened.

 

A deformed silhouette was in front of the man. It had several tentacles, wings and some glowing eyes. His appearance was also changing every moment. It was almost difficult to describe him for that reason. It was an entity that should not be there.

 

- Don't tell me... - she added.

- I-is it an angel? - said the girl. - Is it helping us?

- No... - said Trixxie. - That... That's not an angel. That's... A demon.

 

The creature began to deform further and grow larger. Several houses and buildings also collapsed from the tremor. The streets cracked more and more... A lot of things happened, all in all.

0