Vol. 8 Chapter 31: Arrival, part 2
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yeah, I didn't want to continue it, but well.... It was a while after that. They were talking about something while eating until..:
- Hey, Mat.
- Yeah?
- Look. - She pointed up at the starry sky.
There was a red star in it.
- Oh, it's pretty. - Mat said. - What star is it, you know?
- T-this... I don't think it's a star. It's Mars, but... You're not supposed to be able to see it this time of year, I think? So it's... I don't really know.
- I-I see. - Mat replied.
- ...So.
- ?
- I think you should have accepted what that woman said. - said Sam.
- Why?
- For not thinking about the future, you turned down a good offer. - Sam complained. - In this, just for having powers they gave you a job, do you not think?
- ...I'm sorry.
"On second thought, I really don't know how they operate.... And it kind of scares me too."
- Although... I also think it was a good decision.
- Huh? Why do you say that? - Mat asked.
- Because... What if being part of it made you separate from your family and friends and focus only on that? T-that's what I think, because the job is dangerous, and to make your family not suffer, they could erase their memories of you and... That's...
- ...That's horrible.
- Isn't it? Although... I don't know... Let's talk about something else.
They kept talking.
- H-hey, Mat.
- Yeah?
- D-don't you think that "star" is... It's bigger? - Sam said, a little worried. Mat turned to look at her.
- Nah, I don't think so. - he replied, unconcerned.
- ...Oh, that's okay.
A while later.
- Hey, Mat, that thing's really getting close to us! - Sam exclaimed.
- W-what? - he turned to look at it and.... Indeed, it was closer, as if it was shooting towards them. It appeared to be a meteorite, less than a meter in diameter.
Mathias erected a purple PSI barrier to protect them. The meteorite fell close to these two, but.... Strangely, its impact was not as strong as expected. Still, chunks of... Earth and other things that shot out didn't go through the barrier, but a piece of that meteorite, a very small one, shot out of it and went through the barrier and, at the same time, went through Sam's shoulder.
- Sam! - Mat exclaimed, and cut his finger so he could heal her with his blood.
It healed her, but... Sam began to feel strange.
- T-thank you, Mat, but... What happened? - Samantha asked.
- I don't know, but... - said Mat as he went to see the meteorite, covering himself with a green barrier.
He approached the small crater it left behind and...
- Oh, wow... Was this really the best mode of transportation we could have chosen? - boy's voice. He sounded as if he was serious.
- Of course it was! With this we were able to travel the world at full speed! - girl's voice, high-pitched.
- This... I don't think we should be talking about this, we just found the h-
Boy's voice, kind of high-pitched and sounded nervous, He was interrupted.
- Come on, guys, we've just found the Hero and... It seems that something happened that wasn't supposed to happen... - girl's voice, sounded a bit deep.
Mathias and Samantha had witnessed something way too strange.
- Hello, Hero! My name is Blocky, nice to meet you! - said Blocky, a little blue square or block-shaped creature with little hands and paws.
- M-my name is Roundy and.... It's a pleasure to meet you, sir! - said Roundy, a red circle.... I don't know how to describe him, although I think you already have the picture I drew.
- Dear Hero, it is a pleasure to have met you. The one who speaks to you is called Pointy, and I hope we can get along well from now on. - Pointy said, he was flying and.... He seemed to bow to Mat as a sign of respect. I just remembered something... I'm describing them again... Well, whatever. - Oh, and you miss, it's nice to meet you too.
- Ah... N-nice to meet you too... - Sam replied.
- And my name is TRX, it sounds weird to pronounce it in this language, but you get used to it. - said TRX, a cute little yellow triangle-shaped creature with little paws and hands. He had a leather bag that looked medieval.... Well, it was nice to meet you. - Nice to meet you, and well... We have come to guide you, sir... No, young Hero.
Sam and Mat looked at each other in confusion.


- M-Mat, w-what is this?
- I haven't the slightest idea...
- Hey... Hero... - said Roundy.
- Yes?
- ...Nothing.
Roundy noticed that Mathias... Was emanating a large amount of aura, similar in color to the medallion.

0