Vol. 8 Chapter 32: Revelation, part 2.
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

- That's what I was supposed to do, but... I failed miserably because I'm an idiot...
- What? How did it happen? - Mat asked.
- This... I'll just say I was killed, okay?
- Ah... But why just that?
- No reason. Well... After I died, I appeared in the void we're in now. I don't know the exact reason why I'm able to communicate with you, but... Actually, you're not really seeing me.
- ? - Mat was confused. - You just lost me with the latter more than the former.
- ...You're talking to the vestiges of the real me. I am dead. All you see is what's left of my spiritual power.... Or aura, as I liked to call it more. Most of it was drained by the Evil One, I don't know why, but.... I don't know if you know this, but because of my failure our world was plunged into darkness for quite some time.... This also happened because I did not take all this seriously. I took it as if it was a game, and look how it ended.
- That's right... - Mat said, a bit saddened by what he had just heard, and also more confused.
- Ah, but at least I was a LOT stronger than you.
- Hey! ...That's why I didn't like you. - Mathias told him.
- W-what? - replied the spiky-haired young man. - I... Well, it doesn't matter... But... I'm worried about two things right now.
- What are they?
- First of all... Wait, don't just ask me questions or accept everything without thinking, say something! - the young man demanded.
- I-I just don't know what to say, really. - Mat replied.
- Okay, I understand... So, first of all, in my time there was no strange cult that was related to the Evil One.
He said so, but... He didn't seem to want to say more. Mat, for some reason, did not realize this fact.
- What does that religious group have to do with this "evil one"? - Mat asked, somewhat concerned and... Puzzled by that title or nickname or something. - Don't tell me they kidnapped me because....
- You're the Hero. I guess that's why they kidnapped you, or maybe not.... But... I came to this quick conclusion because some of the cultists had part of my spiritual power, which I think was given to them by the Evil One... And for that reason we were able to talk a bit the second time, because I regained a small amount of aura.
- Hey, wait, so... The wraith... He had your aura too? I don't understand, why? - Mat asked.
- That's... Because that thing wasn't really a specter, it was materialization of spiritual power that was remotely managed.... Something like that, I think. - answered the young man, and added the following, although... He did so as if hesitating, for he paused. - I think that... The Evil One sent it or something. That's why when you touched it I was able to talk with you for the first time, If that didn't happen, you were only going to be able to see vestiges of my memories.
- Oh, I see, so... What's the other thing you're worried about? - Mat asked.
- This is the last time we're going to talk. - he replied. - The remnants of my aura are running out....
- W-what? - exclaimed Mat. - B-but... But I didn't even get to know you better enough to like you!
- ...What? Well... Anyway... It was a pleasure to have met you, Mathias. Before I go, I'll tell you my name: Mathias Haim.
- You have the same name as me.
- What a coincidence, don't you think? Hahaha...
- I-I guess.
- Well, I wish I could have taught you something, but I couldn't... Agh, that's awful... And so, goodbye, Hero... And make sure you don't fail this time, now that you have help! Also, take care of Sam...
This last thing he said in a low voice, but Mat heard him.
- Huh? Well, okay, I will. I promise! - exclaimed Mat. - Bye!
And he felt like he was falling. Everything was filled with light in that void. The world regained its color. But...
- ...We're going to fail again, as always.
.
..
...
- Agh! - Mat was dizzy, and he was with the medallion on.
- M-Mat... Are you all right? - Samantha asked, she was worried. Everyone was in the same place, as if nothing had happened. - You were kind of unconscious for a while and....
- Yeah, I'm fine. - Mat replied.
- What a relief... - Sam.
At that moment, TRX approached Mat and asked him:
- When we told you about you being the Hero you weren't surprised, why?
- Ah, because I already knew I was the Hero. - Mat answered.
- Yes, he told us that. - said Sam.
- He did? Wow, but... How did you know? - asked Pointy.
- Because I talked to the previous Hero through his vestiges, I think. - said Mat. - And now I know what I have to do.
- What? Really? - exclaimed the little creatures. Pointy added, quietly. - That's good, I think.
- That's good, I think! Wait, you guys didn't know about that? - said Mat. "This now makes me wonder about them..... Wait, the other Hero said I have help now, so.... Okay."
- No... That's scary. - said Blocky.
- Well, let's stop the fruitless talks now. - said TRX. - When Mat put on the medallion, it glowed, so he really is the Hero.
Mat approached Sam and asked quietly.
- What, did that really happen?
- Yes, the medallion glowed quite a bit. - said Sam, who started to feel a little feverish.
- I see. - Mat.
Now Pointy spoke.
- Then, it's time to leave.
- Already? B-but we don't even know who you are, and I only know about the mission because the previous Hero told me. - said Mat.
- Hey TRX. - said Blocky. - He's right, we're taking him without telling him anything.
- Ah, well...
- Besides that. - Mat said. - I still haven't told my mother about this and... I don't want to disappear out of nowhere again.
- Ah, that's fine. - said TRX. - Let's go see your mother to tell her about this.
- Ok. - said Mat.
They left the place and went to Mat's house.

0