Vol. 8 Chapter 35: Defeat, part 2.
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Back to the present.
Only those three were either on their knees or lying down.... Well, Shield was trying to get to her feet, while Mat and Sam fell as if something crushed them.
- Well, well... And to think my sister's boyfriend was the Hero.... How horrible, really. - Christopher said, and thought, "Although I already knew that anyway." - Oh, and there she is.
He said and approached Samantha.
- It looks like you were part of this... But it doesn't matter anymore. - he said. - So... What do I do with you?
- Y-you... Are you with them too? - Sam asked, scared and... Trying to get up.
- With that cult? - Christopher answered her and, in a low voice, only the first part, said: - (Sadly) Yes.
He started to move his hand towards Sam. His hand began to be covered with greenish fire.
- G-get away... Get away from her!
Mat screamed and... He managed to break free from Christopher's influence. I don't know how. Willpower? I don't know. He's not as balanced as you are, Eliah. Although... It's not like you're as balanced... Yeah, ok, I'll continuing.
- Oh, wow. - Christopher said after turning to look at Mathias. - While the woman over there can't get up, you did it more easily... No wonder you are the famous "Hero" they talk about.... But don't think it's such a big deal. It's not as if doing it was that hard... Seriously.
At that, he approached Mat, raising his hand as if holding something, and disappeared.
- What?! - Mat turned around and Christopher was behind him, holding something in his hand. - What's that?!
- This? - Christopher said. - Just watch.


What he had in his hand was a skull, which was lit on green flames. Not a moment passed and the skull, which was like it was receiving energy or something, another face came out, and another, and another.... And flesh began to grow on it, and it looked rotten.
- Is that...!?
- Do you know it? Ah, so you were the one who eliminated the one I left here. - said Christopher.
- So you were the one who...
- Yeah, I was... Hey, hey... You're melodramatic, aren't you? Agh... - He turned to look at Shield and shot his hand. She was wanting to do something, in her helplessness. She wanted to call for help with her transmitter, but....
- Agh! - It melted some of the flesh off his hand.
- Don't try anything stupid. - Christopher told him. - Now with you... What?
There were several gray PSI blades aimed at him. Mat fired at them, but Christopher dodged them all, jumping backwards. Because of that action, he reached where Mat's mother was.
- Hey! - exclaimed Mat, from a distance.
- Don't you dare... - said Sam.
TRX and the others were also there, protecting Sam. Christopher ignored his sister and turned his attention to TRX and his friends.
"I've never seen creatures like those.... They look cute and have no spiritual power, so it doesn't matter."
- So this is your mother... That's a shame. - He said, and kicked her. This infuriated Mat. - The human being is a pathetic creature, I don't know if you noticed... Oh, well... I don't even know why I said that... Actually... That's something we almost all know.
- Damn...
“Wait... Why did I kick her...?” Thought Christopher.
Mat wanted to attack him with his PSI Creations. He was furious, but... He didn't want to kill his girlfriend's brother. He started throwing multicolored projectiles at Christopher (Mathias was already very tired.), but he dodged them easily. Shield was still unable to move.
"What's wrong with me? Come on, move!" she couldn't do it. "This ability is too much... Did that guy really manage to get rid of it? I don't believe it."
- Agh... - He was in pain from the wound that Christopher's attack gave him.
After that, Mat decided to do the same thing he did with the monster/pastor. He didn't give it a second thought and.... PSI thorns came out of Christopher's body, Sam was scared because Mathias attacked his brother like this, but....
- Did he really die with this? - Christopher said. "Apostles are a lot weaker than I expected."
Moments before this happened....
- Hey... What's wrong with you? - Erin said.
Andrew was freaking out. He was hyperventilating.
- You were the one with the idea of coming here to see what's going on. Calm down...
- T-take a good look at him...
- Huh? Okay... He is...
- C-Christopher...
A laugh was heard. It was Christopher.
- Are you serious? - Christopher exclaimed. Everyone was surprised, but... The one who was more so was Mathias, who realized that it did almost nothing to him.
"Come to think of it, I don't understand why I'm fighting, and why I kicked that woman. I just came to take that pastor's body away.... And to think I could be like this.... How ugly." He thought and walked back over to Mat. "But now, what are you going to do about it?"
He turned towards a nearby house:
- Agh... These people are really a bunch of gossipers.... And one is even recording... - he said to himself in a low voice as he approached. Then he added shouting. - Get the hell out of here, you onlookers!
There were a few people watching in the distance, hiding.

0