Vol. 8 Chapter 35: Defeat, part 3.
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

At that, several "specter-like" creatures appeared. They had been created by Christopher at that moment. Each of those creatures was different, but similar, to the other (there were three of them.) They were something like this:

In addition to those creatures, which were created from a kind of slime with skulls, Christopher shot towards people.
The few people who were watching hidden, seeing that something was approaching them and that strange creatures had appeared, fled. Oh, and also a green flame appeared in the camera and it disintegrated. Wow.
- Hmph... They're here, so it doesn't matter if they see this or not, they're going to alter everyone's memories. - he said to himself.
Mat saw what he was doing. Something was directed at those people. Mat, without thinking twice, and even though he was about to faint, erected a blue barrier behind the people. That shot collided with the barrier and the barrier managed to withstand it, but it cracked.
- Tsk. - He clicked his tongue at the sight. "And to think he still had the strength left to do that.... But never mind."
The people had already fled in terror. But...
- But what the heck are those things? - Erin exclaimed as she hid behind a fence that was about a hundred meters away from the place.
- A-are you asking me or what? - replied Andrew, who already seemed to be calmer, but... - Christopher created those creatures and is fighting Mat.... I don't understand what's going on... But Mat is in trouble... Something has to be done!
- That's going to be impossible, young man. - said the ghost who is not a ghost.
- But why? - asked Erin, she had heard him. - Oh, right.
She had remembered about the specter that wasn't a specter.
- You remembered that time, didn't you? - said Andrew.
- Yes...
- Besides, those things, created by your brother, are much stronger than the creature from the other time, do you feel that pressure? - said the ghost.
- A little bit...
- Feel the what? - Erin was confused.
At that, those creatures were about to attack Mat. They were about to attack him while he was almost defenseless, because he was too tired. At that, Samantha thought:
"I have to do something... But... I can't..."
She started to crawl (because the pressure his strength exerted was too much, she reckoned) towards Mat, but then she realized something.
"Chris created those things, then.... If anything happens to him..."
She now began to crawl towards him. TRX then said to him:
- H-hey, what are you doing?!
- I-I have to... Do something...
She, while crawling, reached out her hand towards Christopher and....
- Agh!
It was a cry of pain from Christopher. Samantha, at that moment, without knowing how, shot something from one of her fingers, which glowed light blue for an instant. That shot really hurt Christopher, not like Mat's PSI Creations. It was a large energy beam. It had burned his clothes and some of his skin. Mat was attacking the creatures, while trying to dodge their attacks, with his PSI Creations, but.... They were not as strong as before. They were coming out from inside, but they weren't hurting them much.
- What the hell was that? Agh! - He turned to look at the place from which he had been attacked.
He noticed TRX, who was standing in front of Samantha, staring defiantly at him.
"Those creatures... Them too?"
- Agh... I don't have time for this. - Christopher exclaimed and vanished. He appeared next to the corpse of the pastor, who was now a monster, carried it and said. - So in the end you didn't get to see Martin become God.... What an idiot...
He then turned to look at the creatures that were with the Hero. He was still struggling with these, barely. He looked as if he was going to pass out at any moment.
"This finally got out of my hands..." Christopher thought, he was still keeping his cool, which he had lost after receiving that attack.
- I've wasted too much time already. - He said, and began to fade back into green flames. - Well, I'll see you again, goodbye.
He left. Just as he left, Shield was able to move and, in a matter of seconds, she pulled something out of one of her pockets. It was the transmitter. Well, using silver blades covered with aura, she shot at the creatures and dismembered them. Poor things, they didn't even last a while.
After that, she approached Mat, who was lying on the floor, somewhat wounded and too tired, physically and mentally.
- Are you all right?
- Are you not seeing?
- Then you are.
- Agh...
At that, Erin and Andrew came out from where they were hiding.
- Hey, I don't think there's anything left. - said Erin. - Let's go check on them.
Andrew followed her without saying a word. They went to where they were. Erin went to where Sam was and Andrew went to where Mat was. They went to check on them.
- Mat, Mat... Are you all right? - said Andrew, who knelt down to see him. At that, the ghost that isn't a ghost came out.
- How is he going to be all right? Can't you see he's all hurt? Ah, no... It's not that bad... But still, he's not well.
- ...I see. - Andrew mused.
"This guy has strange friends..." Shield thought after seeing the ghost that isn't a ghost.
- Sam, Sam!
- E-Erin... - Sam was sitting on the ground, next to TRX and the others.
- I'm glad you're okay... - Erin said, and looked at TRX and the others. - W-who are these weird kids?
- What do you mean, weird? - asked Blocky.
- That... It's a long story... - Sam replied.
- I see, but... - said Erin and noticed something. - She... H-hey, what happened to Mat's mom?
- She... - Sam said, but... She couldn't finish what she was going to say because she started to cry.
A group of policemen arrived in the area and, after a while, some agents of the organization and several soldiers also arrived. Shield met with them and explained the situation. The whole town was quarantined. Some of those soldiers wanted to take TRX and the others, but Shield wouldn't let them.
- Are you sure about that? - said one of the soldiers. - They are aliens and...?
- ? - TRX from a distance.
- I know, I know. - she replied. - Just leave them, I'll take care of this.
She quickly left to check on Mathias and the others.
"Later I'm going to face the consequences of this..."

0