Vol. 8 Chapter 36: The beginning of the journey, part 2
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After that, Mat said goodbye to all of them and Shield took them to their homes. He went with TRX and the others. One of the reasons he let him go was because he wanted to see how this situation was going to progress. He reported this to the Organization.
- So... We will go into the forest? - Mat asked TRX and the others, as they walked.
- Yup.
- And why don't we...?
- Do you want to travel by plane and ships? - asked Pointy. - That's going to be much more complicated. We might be attacked by surprise in those places, it's very dangerous.
- I see... So... Are we going to travel in that meteorite of theirs? - Mat asked.
- Neither, we will do it differently this time. - answered TRX.
- Oh, I see... Ah! - exclaimed Mat. - Could you fix my clothes too? They're torn.
- No, we can't. - Blocky replied.
- Eh, you can't? So I'm going to be like this all the time?
- No, we can give you new clothes. - answered TRX.
- Yeah, that. - said Blocky.
- Really? But please, let it be similar to this one.
- Why? - Blocky. The others looked at him.
- I don't know... Well, it's just that I liked this one and...
TRX said something to the bag and... He pulled out clothes similar to the one he had. His shirt was somewhat different in a sense. It had a zipper (as if it was a leather jacket or similar, but it was made of cloth), some black patches on the sides and it didn't have... The collar of the shirt didn't have those creases that the other one had.
- Thank you... Wait... Am I going to have to change in front of you?
- We don't mind, so do it. - Blocky said.
- Huh? What are you saying? No, no, no. We DO care. - TRX replied to Blocky and then said to Mat. – So... Go behind a tree, so we don't see you, and do it.
- O-okay.
He changed.

"This shirt is... kinda weird." He thought.

After that they kept walking and came to a place that had no trees. They stopped here.
- So... We're leaving now.
Unexpectedly, a female scream was heard.
- Maaaaaaat!
Everyone turned to see where it came from.
- S-Samantha? B-but what are you doing here? - asked Mathias.
- I couldn't stay at home with this worry... - said Samantha. - I still don't know why Christopher did that, nor why he is part of it.... I have to make him tell me why. Besides, I came because I wanted to accompany you. I wanted to say it before, but I couldn't find the right moment to say it....
"What about those clothes? Where did he get them from? Isn't hishouse...? Ah..." Samantha thought.
- I understand, but Sam, you can't come. You're going to put yourself in danger and.... Huh? - TRX tugged on her sleeve.
- She's capable of defending herself now. - she said. - Don't you remember that meteorite? She now...
- She has powers. - said Blocky. - She was the one who shot her brother and hurt him, not like you.
- Huh? Well... I know that, but... Still... - Mat said.
- Come on... At least let me help this time... - Samantha begged him.
Mat was silent without being able to say anything. "This... This seems like a bad idea, but..."
- Sam... I... Ugh...
- ... - Samantha didn't say anything.
- Sam... I don't want to lose anybody else... My mom just died and I'm here doing this... Do you know how hard this is? There are a lot of lives in my hands right now too. If I fail, they all die...
- I know, I know very well, Mat. But... Why do you want to carry all the burden alone? What happened to your mother was... Horrible, but... I don't know what to tell you about it, Mat... I can't even comprehend what you're going through right now... This is really hard for you, and it shows.... Your behavior is as if... You're trying to hide what you're really feeling.
- ...
"Does it really show?" Mat thought.
I didn't notice.
TRX and the others were watching this. Blocky and Pointy were a little uncomfortable.
- But... Mat, don't carry everything by yourself, you've got us. We can back you up on this... And, and...
Samantha couldn't quite get her thoughts together yet.
- It's okay, it's okay. Come... - Mathias told her. - I'm going to try to protect you as much as I can.
- Thank you, Mat... - he said.
At that, she hugged him again.
"I hope I'll be able to help you and... Comfort him..." Sam thought.
At that she said, to change the mood of the situation (she stopped hugging him):
- This... Ah! I tell you, they put a weird sticker on my forehead. They told me it was to neutralize the aura or something like that....
- Eh? They didn't tell me anything...
- Really? - asked Samantha.
- Oh, no, they did, but they told me in a more direct way: "you won't have powers anymore".... It didn't do anything to me, but it feels weird, doesn't it? - Mat told him, almost laughing. He managed to reassure him.
- Yes! It's like you're getting tired. And besides that, they told me to stay home, that they were going to ask me questions about...
- Wait, you mean...
- Err... Yes, they're looking for me. - Sam said, nervous and worried.
- WHAT? So...
While they were talking, TRX and the others were talking about something else.
- Hey, Pointy. - TRX asked. - Is it okay for her to come with us?
- I don't see a problem, in fact, it might be better for all of us. - he answered.
- Ok...
After these dialogues, TRX and the others made a kind of circle. Back to the previous conversation between Mathias and Samantha.
- So... - Mathias said.
- Get ready. - said TRX, out of nowhere.
- Huh? Get ready for what? - Mathias replied.
- Just do it. - said Blocky.
- W-what? - Sam hesitated. - Are we leaving already?
- O-okay, the faster the better. - Mat said, worried that they might be found and realized something. - Hey, Sam, did you tell anyone about this...? What?
The medallion was glowing. Suddenly, they all fell to the ground, but they didn't make a sound. A fox passing by saw them, and when he blinked, they were gone. A couple of soldiers also arrived in the area, and did not find them. They had followed her because of her spiritual power, but it disappeared out of nowhere. They reported this to their superiors.

0