Vol. 8 Chapter 36: The beginning of the journey, part 3.
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

One day later, in a very distant place, a tall, stocky man with long white hair was sitting at a desk, meditating. It was Martin.
The room he was in was dark and somewhat large. The only light was from the moon through the window behind him. The walls were painted a beige color. There were several bookshelves filled with books.
"So... The Hero has finally started his journey.... But he did it too late... Although... The temples are just starting to appear.... And, apparently, the time limit is still the same.... Well, now I have to prepare myself."
He had already gotten one of the orbs, but.... It wasn't easy to do so due to the Hero's absence.
At that, someone arrived. He entered through the large door in the room.
- Sir, I have just returned.
- Welcome back, Christopher. Any news?
- Mr. Kóhn, I think you already know, but I'll tell you anyway: the Hero did just as you said he would do.
- ...Splendid. Any other news? - Martin asked.
- That, thanks to his power, I am able to create artificial monsters quickly. I tried it on Morrison, and it worked. It was easier than in the tests, though.... I'd like to be able to do it on my own and not rely on others for that. Besides that, the Hero is being helped by some strange creatures and one of them managed to damage me.
- That was unexpected, but thanks for the information. You are dismissed.
- Yes, sir. - He bowed to him.
Christopher withdrew and Martin was left alone again.
- Almost everything is going according to plan, but... This feeling of guilt... It won't go away.
At that, despite not seeing, he turned up quickly. There was nothing there.
Outside the room, Christopher was walking down a large hallway, in this there were several rooms. There were also several people waving at him. At that, he thought:
"Agh... How humiliating it is to behave this way.... But it doesn't matter. Now it's time to try it out on others, but.... How sad it is to be an 'apostle'.... Not only for this, but... To sacrifice yourself for something you don't even know if it's true... That's... Really sad. But it's not time to think about such things, I have to start now."
At that, he also recalled something else he talked about with Martin a few years ago:
- Christopher.
- Tell me.
- Answer me: who came first: God or man?
- That's kind of a strange question. But... To be honest, it was mankind who created it. We had the need to hold on to something in order to have security and to give an explanation to some things that, at the time, seemed to have none. Yes, that's what I think.
- Interesting, no doubt. - Martin replied. - But... You are wrong. God, the Almighty, came first. Although what you said is also true, at least for the god that men created...
- ...I see.
Martin said nothing more on the subject after those words.
"Although I am a part of this and I understand what he tried to say.... I still can't quite grasp it.... And I think that... Martin was tricked by someone, or something, into doing the things he does.... But thinking too much about this isn't going to get me anywhere."
- Besides... - he said to himself, as he remembered what happened with Mat. - Power is scary.
With those thoughts, he left the place.
.
..
...
Martin, now alone, turned to the window to look at the sky. After that, he said to himself:
- Forgive me for having made you all part of this... I am sorry...

0