Chapter 30: A Cat’s School Life
1.2k 1 46
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Under the feeding of a group of little witches, Fish didn't need to move, finished his breakfast and then, surrounded by them, headed for the charms classroom.

Fish didn't know where the charms classroom was, but luckily they could ask the portraits on the wall and the ghosts passing by, who were happy to show the way as long as they weren't Peeves.

In addition to the Gryffindors, there were also Hufflepuff students studying charms this morning, and they had all been inclined to follow the Gryffindor students in their search for the charms classroom because of Harry and Fish's presence.

Guided by the portraits and the ghosts, the group eventually found the charms classroom with no trouble.

The man teaching the Charms class was little Professor Flitwick, who knew Fish very well, he was waiting in the classroom early for the students to arrive, after seeing Fish, he greeted him with a smile.

Fish took a seat at a random spot, followed by a cacophony of voices, and the seats around him were filled with little witches.

"Hello," said the Hufflepuff girl who took the seat to Fish's right, looking a little shy, "I'm Susan Bones, nice to meet you, Fish."

"Hello," Fish replied nonchalantly, as Minerva had taught her, and continued to stare at the chandelier-like chandelier on the ceiling, which was swaying so much that Fish felt the urge to jump up and grab it.

Susan's greeting was only the beginning, however, as the Hufflepuff girls next to her began to greet Fish first, forcing him to turn his attention away from the enchantment of the chandelier chandelier.

"Quiet, children," Professor Flitwick tapped the podium with his wand, standing on a stack of books, his voice was amplified by magic, and suddenly suppressed the noise of the class, "I can understand your fondness for Fish, but it's time to get to class."

At Professor Flitwick's reminder, the young Hufflepuff witches gradually regained their composure and took their seats, but still glanced at Fish from time to time.

The spell Flitwick taught in the first lesson was a simple one, namely the 'Lumos' spell, a spell used by wizards with great frequency.

Not to mention Fish, even first-year students of some magical families can use it, although the glow may not be very obvious, moreover, Hermione Granger can also successfully release some light through self-teaching.

Of course, this had nothing to do with Fish, who, upon hearing that the 'Lumos' spell would be taught, plopped down on the table and went to sleep.

After a while, he became uncomfortable and turned into a cat and crawled into his desk drawer.

His behavior naturally caught Professor Flitwick's attention, but he said nothing and continued to explain the spell to the other students in an orderly fashion, and only when he was finished did he wave his wand, "Lumos!"

A white ball of light burst from the tip of Professor Flitwick's wand and floated wobbling to Fish's desk.

Fish, who was sleeping, opened his eyes slightly when he felt the light change from outside.

He saw a ball of white light drifting in front of his eyes.

His pupils instantly dilated and he quickly adjusted his posture, keeping his body close to the ground, his hind legs stepping hard and his buttocks wiggling.(=?ω?=)

After a few moments, Fish jumped up from his desk and pounced on the white light.

With a wave of his wand from the podium, the white light thrown by Professor Flitwick immediately avoided Fish's onslaught and flew into the space between the podium and the desks.

Without thinking, Fish went after him and then made a light chase in front of a group of young wizards.

It was then that Professor Flitwick said, "The spell 'Lumos' is a very common everyday spell, but when you master it, you can do many things, such as entertain a cat."

Professor Flitwick had played with Fish with the 'Lumos' spell during his visit to McGonagall House, and it was easy to do it again now.

Of course, he had noticed a strange affinity with Fish, and after discussing it with Dumbledore and the others, they had decided that it was a similar gift to that of a Veela.

Now, Professor Flitwick was using this gift in Fish to awaken a desire to learn in young wizards.

The young Gryffindor and Hedgehog wizards did not disappoint Professor Flitwick, and after seeing how much fun Professor Flitwick had with Fish using the 'Lumos' spell, they were all eager to practice the 'Lumos' spell at Professor Flitwick's level.

Seeing how motivated the students were, Professor Flitwick dispelled the 'Lumos' spell, leapt down from the pile of books and scooped Fish into his arms.

Fish didn't resist, he and Professor Flitwick had a pretty good relationship...although the hair on Professor Flitwick's head was a bit sparse.

"Now, get out your wands and start practicing your 'Lumos'," Professor Flitwick said as he placed Fish on his podium, looking at the students with a smile, "and let's see who throws the light that attracts Fish."

As a result, the little wizards' enthusiasm for learning was even greater.

In addition to Professor Flitwick, who used Fish as an impetus for teaching, Professor Pomona Sprout of Herbology, or the Fat Aunt, as Fish called her, was also very lenient with Fish, letting him sleep during lessons and waking him up only when it was time to practice.

The two teachers were not irresponsible, but Fish did not need their attention in either class.

Learning the spells was not difficult for Fish, both in terms of waving his wand and controlling the intonation of the spell.

Cats already have an advantage over humans in terms of physical control, and for a cat that can emit hundreds of intonations with a single "meow," controlling the intonation of a spell is really quite trivial.

With the bonus that the world tree shard grants to Fish's magical reserves and his affinity for magic, it was only natural that he learned magic so easily.

Not to mention Herbology classes, for a druid, caring for plants is almost an instinct, and even if Fish couldn't remember the names of those plants, with just a little touch, he would be able to discover the characteristics of the plants.

Other than spell and herb classes, the only other class Fish could sleep in was History of Magic, and not only Fish, but many of the other young wizards couldn't stand the monotony of Professor Binns' voice, so they rested their heads behind their textbooks and slept with their mouths watering.

Astronomy was set for Wednesday afternoons, and Fish was always full of energy in the evening, and stargazing was fun, and Professor Aurora Sinistra had never been a guest in Professor McGonagall's house, there was no escaping Fish's animal affinity.

After all, who can say no to a cute cat?

In addition to these classes, this week Fish also had Defense Against the Dark Arts, Potions, and Transfiguration, none of which he managed to sleep in.

There was no need to say more about Minerva's class, Fish didn't dare make a fool of himself and dutifully followed his to learn how to turn a match into a needle.

To put it mildly, Fish didn't really think it was that difficult, but none of the class did it, except for him and the girl named Hermione Granger, who was very hairy and had a bit of mouse-like teeth.

For the first time in his life, Fish had earned a point for Gryffindor, and after class, a group of young witches greeted him with compliments and head rubs, and the rat-toothed one kept asking him questions about Transfiguration.

"It's just repeating what Minerva taught me, it's not that complicated," Fish told the truth, but the rat-toothed girl looked devastated.

It was inexplicable.

Despite being taught by Minerva on and off for over two years, there were still many things about humans that Fish couldn't understand.

He didn't sleep in Potions class because he had been told to by the others, who had been kind to him, so he agreed.

The gray-haired professor was making snide remarks about the Gryffindors, especially the young wizard with green eyes and a scar on his head, who was the target of the gray-haired professor's attention.

Yes Fish remembered correctly, the young wizard he himself called 'Scar Head', whose real name was Harry Potter, was very famous, like himself, and was always surrounded by people.

Fish had expected to be targeted by the Greasehead Professor as 'Scarhead', but it was as if Professor Snape had deliberately ignored him, without saying a word to him.

Not only was Fish himself puzzled, but the little Gryffindor and Slytherin wizards on the sidelines were taken aback, and afterwards they all had a better understanding of Fish's inexplicable affinity.

In fact, Snape himself was a little confused by the fact that, although Fish had done nothing wrong during the potion making process, his feline instincts prevented him from sitting still and listening to the class, looking to his right and left and fiddling with the contraptions on the table, something Fish was known to do.

Snape tried to scold him a couple of times, but the words came too late and he could only console himself by saying that Fish had the same green eyes as Lily and didn't have the nasty Potter blood.

He barely spoke to Professor McGonagall and the others privately, such as Flitwick and Sprout, who already knew Fish's quirks and had given him the benefit of the doubt.

The reason he couldn't get to sleep in Defense Against the Dark Arts class was simple: the smell of Professor Quirrell was so overpowering that he could barely ignore it in human form, but he couldn't sleep well lying on the table, and his sense of smell was too strong in cat form, even with his nose plugged.

Fish had no choice but to watch in boredom as the stinker said things in a stuttering voice that did not interest him at all.

In addition to these lessons, Fish was doing his nightly patrol of the territory, and although 'Scar Head' and the fat kid tried to stop him, they were too slow to do so, and Fish was able to slip out of the bedroom without any difficulty.

In fact, it took him only three nights to make his way through Hogwarts castle, leaving scents and claw marks to mark the territory, except for some very secret passages that he hadn't found, or hadn't found a way to open, and some locked places.

But every time he tried to enter the owl hut in the west tower, mean old Dumbledore would appear and stop him.

Gee, how could he do anything to the owls in the tower when he's holding back from eating the rat kept by the Red-headed One?

46