Chapter 43: Loved by all
861 1 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"What are you doing, meow?" Fish didn't like being stopped, "I'm just seeing if I can catch something out there, why are you stopping me?".

"The water's coming in!", A freckled Slytherin boy replied bitterly, "The Slytherin dorms are under the Black Lake, if you open the window, it'll flood all the Slytherin dorms."

"Meow?", Fish cocked his head to the side and then clapped his hands in excitement, "Just like the bathtub? wouldn't that be nice?"

And with that, Fish motioned to remove the window.

This terrified the Slytherin students, they huddled together, threw their arms around Fish's waist and arms, pulling him in tight.

"No! No, you can't," One of the little witches who had her arm around Fish persuaded tearfully, "It's not like emptying a bathtub, we'll all drown!".

At the same time, he was glad that Fish hadn't been assigned to Slytherin, which was a shame, but at least it didn't endanger his life.

Fish was a bit stubborn, but much better than when he was adopted by Professor McGonagall, and seeing that he couldn't seem to open the window, he gave up on the idea.

With his index finger in his mouth, Fish reluctantly looked out the window at the fish swimming in the water, "But... I want to eat fish..."(Φ﹃Φ).

Seeing Fish's pitiful little face, the Slytherins in the room were about to agree to break the window, but they had the sense not to be fooled by the cute Fish.

"What are you all doing?" warily asked Malfoy, who had returned with a bag of smoked cod, looking around at the assembled crowd.

"Fish, here's the fish!", A Slytherin, also from a pureblood family, jumped up next to Malfoy and, to his confusion, snatched the bag of cod from his hand and ran back to Fish's side.

"Thanks, meow.", Fish took the smoked cod from him and gulped it down happily.

"Hey, Andre! That bag of cod is my dad's," Malfoy retorted, protesting loudly against the Slytherin who had taken his backpack.

"Yes, yes, we all know it's your father's, Draco," Andre said.

As a member of the pureblood family, Andre Rozier's family power is not much worse than the Malfoy family, and he is even Draco's cousin, so naturally he will not be afraid of Draco Malfoy.

However, to save himself trouble, Andre went to his side and explained quietly.

After hearing Andre's reasoned explanation, Malfoy had no choice but to accept it and follow him into the crowd.

With the smoked cod in his mouth, Fish saw Malfoy's appearance and waved his palm in front of him, "Meow? There you are, 'Big Brain! Where's the smoked cod?"  ?(●Φ~Φ●)

Malfoy: "..."

"That's what I brought!", Malfoy shouted frantically, pointing to the cod in Fish's hand.

"Meow?", Fish looked at the smoked cod that was only half a tail in his hand, chewing unconsciously in his mouth.

I think I heard Big Brain yell something a moment ago...

But never mind, I've got the fish anyway!

Shoving the last few pieces of tail into his mouth, Fish smiled at Malfoy, "Thanks for the meow cod, tastes good."

With that, he lowered his head and went back to licking his fingers.

"Why do you keep calling me Big Brain...", asked Malfoy, who had changed his hairstyle, a little put off.

"Meow?", Fish sucked his fingers and looked at Malfoy in confusion.

However, before Malfoy could continue the conversation, Daphne Greengrass made her way towards him, pushing him away, "Get out of my way when you're done serving the food! Big brain!"

Malfoy, who was pushed away, glared at Daphne, snorted twice and retreated angrily with his two servants at his side.

Daphne's family was closer to the Malfoys' than Andre's, and Draco and Daphne had known each other since they were very young, and the two families had often been related.

The old man Malfoy, Draco spoke of, was not a deterrent to Daphne, rather, if Draco went to his father, he would be the one to suffer.

As in Gryffindor, the Slytherin witches were quick to pull the boys aside and gather around Fish, but Slytherin had a clear hierarchy and only some of the witches, like Daphne, had a say, so it was much quieter in Slytherin than in Gryffindor.

And it didn't matter that they couldn't talk to Fish, the witches were content to watch his pretty face and occasionally reach out to touch him when he wasn't looking.

Fish, however, was not so happy, and found it annoying to be surrounded by human female cubs who chattered and occasionally touched him when he wasn't paying attention.

It was less noisy than in Gryffindor, but it was still annoying.

Thumping his head to avoid the restless paws of a few little witches, Fish slapped his hand on the table and stood up, "I'll be right back."

"Wait a minute!", Pansy Parkinson, who had left quietly earlier, came running over with a shiny dark-haired Persian cat in her arms.

"Fish, will you come make friends with my Tina?", Pansy placed the cat in her arms on the table in front of Fish, who looked at him and then came over, rubbing his head against Fish's right hand on the table.

"Meow!"

Unlike Lady Norris, Pansy's Tina was much gentler and more affectionate, so Tina showed her affection right away.

"Meow?" (Hi, is your name Tina?), Seeing his kindred spirit, Fish sat back down, leaned his head on the table, stared at the black Persian cat and spoke to it in feline language.

"Meow!"

Tina was startled by Fish's sudden use of cat language, and jumped back a little, looking at Fish twice in disbelief before cautiously bowing again.

"Meow~" (You can actually speak cat language).

"Meow~" "(Because it was originally a cat)," Fish said, turning back into a tabby cat and landing on the table, waving his paw at Tina. (=ΦωΦ=)?

"Meow!"

Tina was startled again.

But being a cat from the magical world, and with the added comfort of animal affinity, Tina quickly accepted the scenario and joined Fish, and the two kittens meowed and chattered, occasionally giving each other a paw.

The Slytherins around them didn't disturb the two cats as they joked and laughed, but watched them play with fond faces.

"Pansy, well done!", Daphne patted Pansy's shoulder appreciatively; like Malfoy, Pansy was a distant relative and childhood friend of Daphne's, and since they were both girls, they were a little closer.

Pansy lifted her chin a little proudly, "You should have picked a pet cat, like me."

They had gone to Diagon Alley together to buy school supplies, and when it came to choosing a pet, Pansy had taken her cat, which she had bred, while Daphne had bought an owl.

Daphne pursed her lips, who would have thought there would be a special person like Fish in the first year students? Hogwarts didn't allow students to bring more than one pet, and Daphne wasn't about to replace her owl.

Upon her return from the vacations, she was to try to convince Astoria to choose a cat as a pet, and it must be a silver tabby!

After watching her best friend use her pet cat to contact Fish, clever Daphne thought of using her sister.

27