Chapter 180: Handsome men are worthless in front of Fish (Edited)
1.4k 2 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Yes nya, Luvi is also a dog, didn't I just say that nya?"

Fish greeted Luvi without looking back, "Luvi, good afternoon nya~".  (●ΦωΦ●)

"Wow!" ×3

Three huge dog heads barked at the same time, and then Luvi dropped down, resting his head in front of Fish's face.

Fish nuzzled one of the noses and turned to introduce himself, "This is my new teacher today, named Gilderoy Lockhart, a very powerful wizard nya."

Luvi's six eyes darted a glance at the stiff Lockhart before letting out a snort of contempt through his nose.

The human before him was in a state he had seen many times, a state that smacked of fear, clearly not a powerful wizard as Fish had said.

Fish had noticed the stiff expression on Lockhart's face, but didn't think much of it, after all, when he had taken Luvi to meet his other friends in the Forbidden Forest, most of the magical creatures had been in a similar state, even Shadow and Lochlin looked a little shaken.

"Gilderoy, come here, Luvi doesn't bite." (●ΦωΦ●●)

After scaring Lockhart twice, Fish suddenly changed his tone and said, "Oh, Professor Severus was bitten by him last year, but that was because he was watching something, but he's usually very good."

When Lockhart, who was already afraid to go there, heard this, he felt his feet get nailed to the spot.

"Gulp..." Lockhart gulped and suddenly said in a fake pretentious tone, "Oh, I just remembered, school starts today, and I have to get some autographs for those lovely students."

At this point, he was still trying to save face, and it had to be said that Lockhart's vanity had reached a morbid level as he daintily turned away and headed for the exit of the Forbidden Forest while still pretending to make up for it.

"Although it's a bit unfortunate, I can't join you to meet other friends today - we'll meet next time we get the chance!"

Lockhart kept a leisurely pace and walked a long distance, until he could see Hagrid's hut, and then suddenly began to run.

He ran frantically toward Hogwarts castle, then rushed into the classroom on the First Floor, collapsed on a bench with a pale, breathless face.

Although Lockhart had tried to get as far away from Fish as possible before he started running, Fish's feline hearing had clearly picked up his movements.

"You're scaring people again! Looks like the dogs Gilderoy met in South America aren't as big as Luvi..."

Turning his head to look in the direction Lockhart had gone, and hearing his footsteps as he fled, Fish sighed helplessly.

Turning to Luvi and tapping him gently on the nose, Fish said with a worried frown, "Luvi , you're going to have a hard time making new friends." ?ω?

"Oooh ..."

The huge three-headed dog whined in aggravation, saying that he wasn't to blame, that it was the others who were too shy.

"But Gilderoy can beat even a troll nya."

Fish scratched his head, in his evaluation system, those who dared to fight a troll were not necessarily strong, but warriors.

Luvi laughed at this, though his sense of smell was keener than Fish's, he wasn't afraid of the stench of trolls, the ones that lived in the Forbidden Forest had already been beaten by him, and now when he saw them, they were all as good as Bowtruckles.

Fish stayed in the Forbidden Forest until it began to get dark before saying goodbye to his animal friends.

When he returned to the Great Dining Hall, it was brightly lit and all the teachers had arrived early, all sitting at the long tables waiting for the students to arrive.

Lockhart had also recovered and was telling Professor Flitwick, who was standing next to him, how good he was at spells and how indifferent Flitwick, the Dean, had been to him when he was a Ravenclaw.

"Of course, I bear you no grudge, I am very grateful for what you taught me back in the day, but, allow me to make a small suggestion as well..."

Lockhart, completely oblivious to Flitwick's ugly look, said to himself, "When it comes to geniuses who are clearly different from ordinary students..."

He said this, straightening his robes with his head held high.

"You should pay more attention, otherwise it would be easy for these talented students to resent you a little, luckily I can understand you, Flitwick, otherwise I wouldn't have accepted Dumbledore's invitation to be your colleague."

Professor Flitwick now regrets it...

If he had known that Dumbledore would invite such a person, he should have recommended his friend to apply as a teacher for the Defense Against the Dark Arts class, it was only for one year anyway, there shouldn't be any problems.

"Minerva~"●ω●

Instead of looking for Lockhart, who had fled earlier, Fish went to Professor McGonagall's side.

"Stay in the Great Dining Hall, I'll be welcoming the new students soon."

Reaching out and rubbing Fish's head, Professor McGonagall pointed to the long Gryffindor table and directed Fish to sit there.

"Got it nya."

After rubbing up against Professor McGonagall again, Fish ran over to the long table and took a seat.

Shortly after sitting down, there was a loud noise from outside and a group of young wizards entered the Great Hall from the foyer.

"Hello everyone!"(●ΦωΦ●)

Fish waved his arms at them.

"Fish, it's been a long time."

"Come and let your sister hug you!"

"Go away, you Slytherin, Fish is our Gryffindor!"

"I don't like Slytherins either, but for the record, Fish belongs to everyone!"

"That's right, that's right, he can't be monopolized by you!"

The young witches, who hadn't seen Fish in a while, scrambled around and quickly made their way to the long Gryffindor table, pulling all sorts of snacks out of their bags and pockets, shoving them into Fish's arms and taking the opportunity to touch his body.

As soon as the students entered the Great Dining Hall, Lockhart stood up with a smile on his face and was about to deliver his prepared welcome speech, but seeing such a scene made the words catch in his throat and made his smile harden.

He was happy to have an admirer like Fish, but suddenly he didn't like Fish so much anymore.

Because in Lockhart's eyes, anyone who steals his attention, especially from women, is his enemy, especially since a few hours earlier he had been freaked out by Fish's "friend."

But Lockhart quickly adjusted to the fact that showing hostility toward Fish was the dumbest thing he could do, and the wily Lockhart certainly didn't, and he had reason to believe that the only reason he was being ignored was because Fish greeted the students before him, and so the others didn't notice him as a big celebrity.

As a five-time winner of the "Witcher Weekly" award for most charming smile, Lockhart was confident in his appearance. Whether as a student, or later as a writer, his attractive looks always won him a legion of female fans.

So Lockhart readjusted his expression, sketched the perfect smile he had practiced in the mirror countless times, and said aloud, in a voice that sounded like an opera cantata, "Our Fish is as popular as I am, a Third Degree of the Order of Merlin, an honorary member of the Defense Against the Dark Arts League, five-time winner of the Witcher Weekly award for the most charming smile: Gilderoy Lockhart!"

Lockhart, who did so, actually attracted everyone's attention, and they all turned to look at the long staff table.

After seeing Lockhart showing off like a peacock, everyone was stunned for a moment, then calmly turned and turned their attention back to Fish.

Lockhart was indeed very handsome, but in front of the charming cat, the man was worthless.

The perfect smile stiffened again, and Lockhart, who was full of confidence, began to doubt his life....

Young people today, how is it that their tastes are completely different from then?

13