Chapter 231: Greeting Cards (Edited)
180 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It has been over a month since the attack on Ms. Norris, and the supposed heir to the Chamber of Secrets has never reappeared since he left that message on the wall.

The subject of the Chamber of Secrets has disappeared from the student community, but it has not disappeared altogether; it has remained at a moderate level.

Among the students, opinions on this issue gradually diverged.

Some of the students see it as a joke, a student taking revenge on Filch, that there is no Chamber of Secrets, and that there is no Chamber of Secrets heir or Chamber of Secrets monster.

But there were those who disagreed, because Mrs. Norris and Fish were very close, and given his popularity at Hogwarts, Mrs. Norris would not have been the first choice for revenge on Filch.

Both sides had their reasons, and both sides had their reasons, and there was an ongoing debate on the issue, which was what kept the conversation going.

Either there was no Chamber of Secrets, or the school had done something to keep the attacker at bay.

As far as Fish was concerned, it didn't matter if there was a Chamber of Secrets, what mattered was finding the man who had petrified Mrs. Norris and beating him.

But since he had not been seen again, he had given up looking for him, and was going to wait until Mrs. Norris woke up to ask her.

"Minerva~". ?●ω●?

That night, Fish went back to see Professor McGonagall for a story.

Professor McGonagall, who was sitting at the desk writing something, raised her head, "You're just in time," she said to Fish, "Come over here and sign your name."

Professor McGonagall took a piece of parchment and waved it at Fish.

"Nya?"

Fish leaned over curiously and saw a form that looked familiar: a list of Christmas greetings, something he had signed once last year.

"It's Christmas again nya!"

?(●≧? ≦●)?

Fish cheered happily and quickly signed his name.

"It's vacation time again!"

After signing his name, Fish ran around the desk, besides the vacations, there were parties and Christmas presents, all the things he loved.

But Professor McGonagall's words calmed the excited kitten.

"Get your Christmas cards ready this year."

"Nya!"

∑(●ΦΦДΦ●)

Fish didn't have to worry about presents, but the pile of Christmas cards was a pain in the ass, last year there were over two hundred, and Fish almost died writing them.

And this year there were only going to be more cards to write, not only for those who had already graduated, but also for those he hadn't sent his Christmas presents last year, which the polite Fish would have to make up for, plus this year's new students...

Let's just say that there are now as many students at Hogwarts as there are letters for Fish to prepare.

Thinking about the workload in the future, Fish felt a little dizzy.

"Minerva~, help Fish!"

?(●QДQ●)?

Fish quickly threw herself on Professor McGonagall, pleading.

"This is not acceptable, I have already prepared Christmas presents for you and you must prepare the greeting cards yourself."

Professor McGonagall smiled and refused, Fish's penmanship was now above par, so she didn't really need to force him to write.

So, after seeing Fish duck his ears, Professor McGonagall added, "But I can teach you a spell that will make your work much easier."

The spell Professor McGonagall was referring to was called the Duplication Spell, which allowed a string of written words to be copied onto another piece of paper much more easily than the Muggle printing process.

It might have been a bit complicated for a normal second year, but it was simple for Fish, who had only seen Professor McGonagall's demonstration and then practiced it himself a few times before he could do it successfully.

After that, all Fish had to do was make about 400 copies of the card with the spell on it and then add the different names, which reduced his workload considerably.

"Minerva is the best nya!". ?●ω●?

Fish threw herself back into Professor McGonagall's arms, burying his head in her shoulder and rubbing it a couple of times.

Then the usual storytelling session followed, with Fish lying in Professor McGonagall's arms as usual, listening to an interesting story before leaving her office with a stack of greeting cards that Professor McGonagall had prepared for him.

However, after Fish came out, he did not leave the castle, but went upstairs to the Room of Requirement on the seventh floor.

He intended to finish all the cards done by this afternoon and then give them to Professor McGonagall to help him with the Christmas presents, because Fish knew it would take more than a day or two to prepare 400+ presents.

"Fish wants a room where he can write cards nya..."

Whispering his request, Fish walked past the wall in front of the tapestry three times and into a room full of desks.

On each of the desks in the room were bottles of ink of various colors and pens of various shapes, inserted into delicate bases.

The ink bottles and pens were arranged in two neat rows on the top edge of the desk, while on the left side of the desk were stacks of different colored greeting cards, with ornate borders outlined with gold and silver thread.

Fish looked at the cards on the table, and then at the one that Professor McGonagall had prepared for him....

(?ω?)

(●ΦωΦ●●)ノ⌒*

Although these 400 cards were prepared by dear Minerva, I must say that her taste is not really flattering.

So the kitten didn't even hesitate to toss the pile of drab cards aside.

Sitting at a random table, Fish reached out and pulled out a blue-colored card, while the frame and patterns were bronze.

"This color scheme... it looks familiar..."

Fish scratched his head, then looked at the other three cards next to him and finally realized.

Wasn't this the color scheme of the four Hogwarts houses?

It had been a wise decision to abandon the card given by Minerva.

Although the cards were still being prepared with the duplicate spell, sending them in different colors to the students of their respective houses would certainly make them look more intentional, and after seeing the four different cards, Fish planned to have different messages for the students of the four houses.

Having been taught by Professor McGonagall for so long, Fish had become increasingly comfortable with the human way of life.

After picking out a black and white quill from the many available, he found the same bronze color as the pattern on the greeting card in a pile of ink.

Just as he was about to dip the ink into the card and write the greeting, he stopped short.

The thought occurred to Fish that he was going to be sending out a lot more cards at Christmas and that different Houses would be using different colors of ink for their cards, so why not prepare a few more stencils and save them?

It would be better to keep a few separate cards after copying them, he had the black journal that he used from time to time to sharpen his claws, but never threw away, and it would be a better option than writing on the cards.

With that in mind, Fish pulled Riddle's black journal out of his magical pocket and opened it, scribbling a series of words of wisdom...which, as he remembered, Ravenclaws liked to emphasize.

After finishing the congratulatory speech, Fish put down his quill and was about to transform back into his cat form and add his paw print to the end of the text when he saw the words he had just written flicker a couple of times before disappearing as if they had been absorbed into the paper.

"Nya!"

∑(●ΦДΦ●)

6