Chapter 233: Date (Edited)
210 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was another Sunday and, as usual, Fish followed Harry and the others to the Room of Requirement to watch Hermione brew the potion.

Today it was time to add the dried shredded Skin of an African tree snake and the bicorn horn, which Hermione found on the shelf and dropped into the cauldron.

After finishing the spell, Hermione continued stirring the cauldron with a long-handled spoon as she said to Fish, "The potion has the same color and smell as written in 'Moste Potente Potions,' our multijuice potion is doing well and will be ready in two weeks."

Fish rested his head on the cauldron, he shrugged his nose and the bubbling soup exhaled a strange smell, a bit like the smell of those garbage cans when he wandered the muggle world, but there were no such complicated ingredients.

"Doesn't look very tasty either nya..."

?ω?

Fish frowned, he had tried many magical potions, but there were few that tasted good, even the euphoria inducing potion that made him feel good after drinking it tasted sour.

"Well...the book says that the final product, should taste like boiled cabbage..." Hermione skimmed 'Moste Potente Potions' with one hand, and continued stirring the cauldron with the other, "And then, depending on the transformation material you put in at the end, the color and taste of the potion will change slightly."

She frowned as well, "Boiled cabbage, that stuff doesn't taste very good, and the book says it's a bit unpleasant when you transform."

Harry shrugged indifferently, "Cabbage is fine," he had been mistreated by his aunt's family regularly, and didn't have much of a requirement for food, as far as being a little uncomfortable when he transformed....

"It's only a little uncomfortable, and it's much better than Skele-Gro potion."

Speaking of which, Harry unconsciously rubbed his right arm, just now his right arm was in unexplained phantom pain, the process of bone growth was really impressive.

"Okay!" Hermione finished stirring, "Now we just have to wait for the multijuice potion in the cauldron to turn completely black."

She stood up, stowed 'Moste Potente Potions' in her backpack and, with a slight blush on her cheeks, leaned into Fish's ear and whispered, "Shouldn't we go to the Forbidden Forest?"

"Oh, yeah nya."

Fish twitched his ears, remembering what he had promised Hermione, and turned to Harry and Ron, "Shall we go together nya?"

"Haven't they already been there?"

Hermione was a little unhappy, she moved behind Fish, threatening Harry and Ron with a look, "They shouldn't be so keen to go... right?"

"Nya?"

?ω?

Fish cocked his head to the side and answered for the both of them, "No, they love going to see Aunt Kora and the Centaur Tribe girls."

Hermione: "..."

The look she gave Harry and Ron changed from menacing to disdain in an instant.

"Wait, that's not true!"

The two argued in panic.

Especially Harry, "Last time I was there, I didn't even look at the female centaurs!"

"Nya? Last time you kept your head down, Fish thought it was your neck bothering you nya."

Fish shook his head, agreeing with Harry.

But Hermione's eyes were still the same, and Ron, next to his, shot a surprised look at Harry.

Did you really secretly go to the centaur tribe without me?!

Once again, Harry read the meaning in his friend's eyes and returned the look.

Is now the time to worry about this?

When the two made eye contact, Hermione withdrew her gaze and said to Fish, "Come on, it looks like they're not going..."

She didn't care if Harry and Ron wanted to see the female centaurs or not, she was determined not to let them tag along anyway.

Hermione's brain was churning with excitement at the thought of having a "date" with Fish alone in the Forbidden Forest.

"Are you sure you don't want to go nya?" confirmed Fish to Harry and Ron, still serious.

They looked at Hermione and saw that, although she had a smile on her face, she was looking at them coldly.

So Harry and Ron very sensibly declined, "No, no, we're not going this time, and we have Quidditch practice today."

"Aren't your practices always at night?"

?ω?

Fish didn't care about Quidditch, but he knew a bit about his two roommates' routine.

"Uh... practice is at night, but we have tactical discussions in the afternoon" Harry said.

"Yeah, that's right, that's it. As long as Wood talks about Quidditch, it won't be over for two or three hours." Ron agreed, not forgetting to complain about his captain in the process.

"All right then... Comey!"

Since Harry and Ron didn't want to go, Fish wasn't going to force them, he shouted at the top of his lungs and the house elf appeared in front of them.

"It's a pleasure to serve you! Master Fish!" exclaimed Comey loudly as soon as he appeared, lowering his head so low it was almost touching the ground.

"Escort Hermione and I to the Forbidden Forest nya," Fish ordered, "Right to the outer edge."

"My apologies."

Comey stepped forward, grabbing Fish with one hand and Hermione with the other, then nodded to Harry and Ron and, with a snap, disappeared into the room with the two.

"Phew..." Harry breathed a long sigh of relief as Fish and Hermione left, "Hermione's eyes were really scary right now, as was Professor McGonagall's, weren't they, Ron?"

However, this time Harry got no response from Ron.

"Ron?"

He turned his head to look at his friend, only to see the other party staring at him.

"What... What's wrong?" stammered Harry.

"You actually asked Fish to take you to the Forbidden Forest again! And you didn't tell me!" accused Ron, furious.

He was very upset that Harry had kept this from him....

Of course, this has nothing to do with female centaurs or anything like that.

It's just that Harry's behavior isn't like that of a best friend!

"Ahem! I didn't ask him. It was Fish who asked me for help and then took me there as a thank you." Harry hastened to explain to Ron, "I can't tell you exactly what the favor was, because Fish asked me to keep it a secret, and that's why I simply didn't mention it."

"You're not lying to me?"

Ron looked at Harry suspiciously.

Harry was very open about the fact that he wasn't lying, "You can always check with Fish."

Seeing him like this, Ron was relieved of his doubts.

"Damn it, I want to go to the Forbidden Forest too!" Ron said.

Harry rolled his eyes, "If we had dared to follow him just now, Hermione would have torn us apart."

"I know... so I'm just saying..." said Ron with a dejected look on his face.

As the two sighed, Hermione and Fish, who had been sent into the Forbidden Forest by Comey, had already mounted Fluffy and were running into the Forbidden Forest.

Even though Hermione had already seen the battle between Fluffy and Kanaloa, she felt no fear at that moment, for her head was now completely filled with joy and she was almost giddy.

"We are here nya."

Fish's voice brought Hermione back to her senses, and she looked around to see a large circle of magical creatures, all accompanied by their adorable pups.

"Girls are supposed to like cute animals, aren't they?"

Fish, who had jumped off Fluffy, came back with a Niffler in his arms and a Crup pup on his head.

From his own experience, Fish knew that human women were especially interested in cute things, so upon entering the Forbidden Forest, he had informed his friends to bring their children with them.

Although Hermione is a bit of a nerd, her usual hobbies are no different from those of ordinary girls. Of course, she likes such cute little things, but what makes her even happier is Fish's thoughtful behavior at the moment.

Although what little common sense Hermione had left told her that this was the result of Professor McGonagall's painstaking upbringing, on a personal level she was more inclined to believe that it was something Fish had arranged to make her happy.

As a result, her slightly sober mind began to get dizzy again.

"Wow!" ×3

Seeing that the human girl was staying on top of her body and not coming down, Fluffy barked sadly, making Hermione wince.

Getting off Fluffy in a hurry, Hermione grabbed the Niffler from Fish's arms and continued to follow him dizzily towards the group of magical creatures.

"Let me introduce you to..."

Fish took Hermione and introduced her to his friends.

Unfortunately, Hermione was in the clouds and didn't hear much of what was said, she just hugged the Niffler and followed Fish with a goofy grin on her face, unaware that the coins in her pocket had been pulled out by Niffler in her arms.

Miss smarty pants has lost her ability to think straight.

Fish ... hehehe... Fish ... hehehehe...

6