Chapter 237: Group Exercises (Edited)
192 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Fish, who slipped, quickly stretched out his hand and rested it on the ground, but as soon as his palm touched the ground, he felt something was wrong.

It was as if he was touching a piece of glass covered in grease, not only was he unable to support his body, but also due to this action he made his whole body spin in a small semicircle in the air, and then fell on his butt on the ground.

"Nya!"

(●`Д●)

Fish struggled to get up, but the floor was so slippery that he danced around a bit and then fell a couple more times, even when he unconsciously used his [Spider Walk], it was to no avail.

Professor McGonagall didn't take the opportunity to cast a spell on Fish, but stood smiling as she watched him struggle.

"Wingardium Leviosa!"

After panicking, Fish quickly found a solution and used the levitation spell to lift himself off the ground.

"... Fish admits defeat nya."

(〃`3〃)

Floating in the air, Fish decided not to continue fighting with Professor McGonagall, but instead decided to admit defeat and pouted.

Evidently, Professor McGonagall had taken pity, otherwise she might have used the Incarcerous Charm or something to defeat him while he was in a panic, and though he was unwilling, he wasn't going to cheat.

Professor McGonagall tapped the ground with her wand and said to Fish with a smile, "I'm glad you admitted defeat, in the future, no grabbing with your hands or spilling soup everywhere when you eat."

"I got it nya..."

(〃`3〃)

Fish replied with a pout as he dropped his ears to the ground.

When Fish saw what Professor McGonagall had just done, he remembered that there was also a spell to stay in one place, a spell he had learned, and one that was apparently better suited to use in battle than a levitation spell.

It's just that Fish usually fights with his claws, so even if he knows many spells, they could not be used in the right place and in time, and this was not learned just by listening to stories, but by having more experience in duels.

And with Fish's mistake on Professor McGonagall's strength, he deservedly lost this round.

Only after losing did the cat realize that he had thought the duel was too easy.

Damn it, I lost again!

(〃`3〃)

Even though he was prepared and had realized why he had lost, Fish couldn't help but stare at Professor McGonagall.

"What? you're still not convinced?"

Professor McGonagall smiled and rubbed Fish's head.

"No, Fish is willing to gamble and accepts his loss!"

Fish wrinkled his nose, and it wasn't the first time he had been beaten by Professor McGonagall,, he had adapted quickly.

And after today's duel, he had a new appreciation for Professor McGonagall's strength, so he wouldn't be as careless as today when he fought with all his might next time.

"Well done! Fish!"

"Come on, Fish, don't lose heart!"

"You did a great job, Fish!"

Although Fish lost again to Professor McGonagall, his classmates praised and cheered him on as he left the stage.

In the eyes of the other students, this match was destined to be lost, and the fact that Fish, who almost always fought in his cat form, was facing Professor McGonagall like this, was quite impressive.

Even in a spell competition, many of the seniors were not confident of beating Fish, as Fish's speed and reflexes were far superior, and his mastery of spells was not inferior to some of the seniors.

As for combat experience, most were far less experienced than Fish, who had fought Professor McGonagall in other ways for at least three years. Other students were not as brave as Fish.

This same thought was shared by Mr. Gilderoy Lockhart...host of the Dueling Club and honorary member of the Defense Against the Dark Arts Association.

He wiped a cold sweat from his face and said thank you.

Good thing he hadn't just replaced Professor McGonagall in a duel with Fish.

Losing to Snape, who was also a professor, would have been justifiable, but losing to Fish, who only used magic spells, would have been the end of him.

After a few moments of exhilaration, Lockhart couldn't resist the desire to be the center of attention and stepped forward once more.

"All right, students!" he shouted, clapping his hands and snapping to attention, "Fish did a great job, so you need to practice, too, starting with the disarming spell!"

This insensitive behavior, of course, caused much resentment, but then Professor McGonagall interjected, "Yes, you need to practice."

I wasn't defending Lockhart, but I really thought everyone should take this opportunity to learn more, after all, this year's Defense Against the Dark Arts class...it was hard to describe.

Seeing that Professor McGonagall had spoken, and Professor Snape was still organizing the groups, the students reluctantly, but honestly, practiced in pairs.

"Fish, you're not going to get much out of practicing with your course mates, why don't you come and practice with me?"

Sharpay took her chance and walked over to Fish's side.

The kitten thought about it and decided she was right, he wasn't as good at dueling as he thought he was, and it would be good to practice with the higher ups.

Just as Fish was about to say yes, a Ravenclaw girl suddenly appeared at his side.

"If you say so, I seem to be a bit more fluent in magic than you, so should I be the one to practice with Fish?"

"Ha! I can't pretend I didn't hear that."

Another Slytherin sister stepped forward.

"What's the use of having enough spells, when you don't know who's going to win in a real fight!"

The Hufflepuffs came too.

In the blink of an eye, Fish was surrounded by the senior girls, who were arguing with each other, all wanting to be the ones practicing with Fish.

Lockhart, who was watching from the side, was very envious.... Even he could only enjoy similar treatment during the autograph event.

"Minerva..."

(●ω●)

Not knowing what to say, Fish tugged on Professor McGonagall's sleeve and asked for help.

The girls also turned their attention to Professor McGonagall.

"Uh..."

Professor McGonagall looked at the group of girls in front of her and stood in a state of happy distress.

Her cat's popularity was also a headache.

Hesitantly, Professor McGonagall glanced at the girls in front of her, and unconsciously glanced at Hermione Granger, a student that Fish had once said looked like her.

Then she saw Hermione and a lanky Slytherin girl pulling each other's hair and fighting.

"What are you doing?!" shouted Professor McGonagall, and rushed forward to separate them and lecture them.

She didn't care who Fish had to practice with, she let the little cat decide.

When Sharpay and the others saw Professor McGonagall leave, they turned their attention to Fish.

"Fish, who do you want to practice with?"

"Nya?"

?ω?

Faced with this group of older sisters glaring at him fiercely, Fish felt a shiver run down his spine, blinked and looked around....

Then he pointed sharply at a girl in the distance, dressed strangely, who stood alone, with her companions a little way off, and who seemed to be isolated.

"Looks like Luna doesn't have any gear, I'll go practice on her nya!"

With that, Fish pushed his way through the pile of older sisters and jumped towards Luna, who was stunned.

"Ah... it's Fish, hi."

When she saw Fish arrive, Luna sketched a happy smile, maintaining her trance-like demeanor, and greeted.

"Hello~"

(●ΦωΦ●)

"That was quite a duel just now."

"hehehe~ Don't you have company nya? Then, why don't you practice with Fish?"

After a brief chat, Fish invited her.

"It's okay," nodded Luna cheerfully, "I'm worried about this, and they don't want to team up with me."

"Why not?" asked Fish, puzzled.

"Probably... well, because I keep saying things people don't like to hear, like crinkly horned snorkacks and stuff."

"Why nya?" fish was even more puzzled, "Isn't that very interesting?"

"Is it? But most people don't think they exist."

"Is that important nya? Isn't that enough to be interesting?"

Fish never considered the truth of the strange creatures Luna was talking about, only hearing them as stories.

"For some people, it can be really important."

 

Luna sighed and said something very Ravenclaw.

5