Chapter 2 Crimes
124 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Roy was running as fast as he could on his way to school and suddenly in an alley, he saw two persons cornering a guy with a backpack. A tall orange-haired man with sharp eyes and a black leather jacket and under the jacket on the side of his stomach he had the number 06. A long black-haired lady with cold purple eyes, black tank top and large loose sleeves with the number 04 on her right shoulder.

https://ibb.co/ZYF8nQ9

https://ibb.co/qjjV2M0

- I am not sticking my nose in there, that's none of my business.

Roy kept running until he reached the school once he arrived, a girl with an athletic body, impeccable uniform, scarlet red hair, blue eyes and a red armband symbolizing her status as the president talked.

- Right on time Roy, literally 5 seconds before closing. Why are you so late?

- I'm sorry president, I feel tired lately, I don't know why.

- You should sleep 8 hours to be healthy

- I do! I sleep enough but still feel tired.

- Well, we'll talk about this later, let's go to class.

On the way to the classroom they met a smaller girl with silver hair and dark gray eyes who was wearing a green bracelet with the word vice president on it.

- Scarlett why are you so late you have to give the announcement that the director told you. - The vice president said

- Sorry, I was talking to Roy about something. – Scarlett responds

- Again? It's the third time this week, one more and I'm going to take action on the matter

- Yeah sorry, Kat, it won't happen again. - Roy said with a tired face

"Woah, she is very aggressive" – Alice said hiding in the shadow

- Did you say something? – The vice president said

- Me? Not at all, I think it was a girl's voice.

- Ka Ka… you got scared, right? Are you afraid of the kitten? – Alice said in Roy´s mind

- I'm not afraid of any kitten. – Roy yelled without thinking

- Kitten… - The vice-president said with a pissed face

Kat hit Roy's head and a big bump came out. Kat turned and walked towards the class angrily while Scarlett looked at her surprised at her temper and began to follow her, Roy followed her rubbing his head angrily. They all walked to the classroom and sat in their places. When it was time for the class to start, Scarlett passed by to give the announcement.

- Before class starts, I want to make an announcement so please be quiet. – Scarlett said with a straight face

“People keep talking”

Silence!! - She shouted with authority

In an instant, everyone was quiet and paying attention

Why do you speak, I thought I told you to stay hidden.  – Roy whispered in the shadow

Ka Ka! That must hurt a lot, your forehead is all red, do you want me to heal it?

No! If this light bruise disappeared it would be suspicious. Kat is always so aggressive. It’s kind of annoying.

So that's what we're going to do from now on, I hope you all listen and follow orders, oh, by the way, we're going to finish school early, thanks that's all. – Scarlett concluded as she heads back to her seat.

- Great I didn't understand anything she said. – Roy complained

- You are seriously pathetic, aren't you? She said that in the city there have been kidnappings and murders at night, classes will conclude earlier, they will take exams earlier and they will be more intensive so you all need to study more, you better study.

- Kidnappings and murders? Is it your fault? You are a vampire after all.

- How rude, it is true that I am a vampire and I eat humans, but I came to this world this morning.

-But, if that wasn't you, then who?

-I don't know, but I'm curious, we're going to investigate tonight.

-Uhm no thanks that's none of my business.

- I told you we're going, I'm not asking you, you dare to challenge me again? Maybe we will find a way to bring me back to my world.

- Roy, are you paying attention? – The teacher asked

- Uuh yes. – Roy responded calmly

- So, would you like to solve this equation?

- Sure. – He walks up to the blackboard.

Roy solves the equation very easily, although he didn't pay attention.

- Hum, I wish you were that good in the other classes as well. – The teacher said

Roy sighed as he went back to his place.

The class continued until it was time for recess.

- I will help you wi… - Kat said while interrupted

- No need, I will handle this quickly don’t worry enjoy your recess, I’ll join you guys later see ya. – Scarlett said so fast that it was barely understood.

- What… but it’s a lot of work even for one person. - Kat said with her hand in front of her trying to stop her.

- Calm down you know it's okay, she can do that and more by herself. – Roy said as he put his hand on Kat's shoulder.

- I know but I wanted to help her at least in something, she almost always does all the work on her own and I feel useless.

- Don't say that, you know Scarlett it’s a natural. Since she was little she has been able to do everything perfectly. But it doesn't mean you're useless. It is true that she is talented but you are the example of hard work and that is very respectable. So cheer up.

- Thanks Roy, you are always cheering me up, sorry about this morning.

- Its fine, maybe I could get revenge for that now. – Roy said with a smirk.

- Do it and the next blow will not be in the head. – Kat said with a slight smile

- I am here thank you for waiting, I am done with all the council chores. – Scarlett said while opening the door.

- Wha… so fast? We had a lot of work pending. – Kat said surprisedly

- Well, it doesn’t surprise me at all, that’s why I don’t even try to be at her level. Now can we eat? I am hungry.

They all sat and started eating while chatting. Everyone got along and enjoyed each other's company. Everyone has known each other for so long that it feels natural on how they treat each other. 

- I will miss this quality time, I don't like school but being with you is relaxing, too bad we're graduating this year.

- Maybe you would have tried to raise your grades more to have more opportunities, Roy. – Scarlett said

- Nah, if I pass the classes I'm fine, I'll have my own company and it will be so successful that I won't have to work at all.

- You can't be lazy all your life and expect things to go well. – Kat said

- Who knows only time will tell.

The bell rings and classes were about to begin.

- Okay, class, remember to study for next week, it won't be easy, but make an effort. Vacations are coming soon. – the teacher said

- Kat, are you going to investigate the crimes? – Scarlett said

- I don't know, Scarlett, my parents are not going to let me go out too late.

- True, me neither, but I need to finish this now, some of our classmates are missing and I need to find them.

- Yes, you're right, I'll try to escape from home to go with you.

That night, the two ladies went to the last place of one of their classmates that was last seen and found nothing but an empty backpack in the dumpster.

- It's no use, we have no clue, we're looking blindly. – Kat said desperately

- Yes, but it can't be helped we need to keep trying, let's try other places, maybe we'll get some clues. – Scarlett responded

They continue to search various places with no luck, until they hear someone walking and talking, so the two girls hide silently.

- Are you sure this is the place Alice? It's getting late, it's almost 7 at night, mom will be mad.

- Could you please stop complaining, I'm sure something happened here not long ago, I can smell it.

- Scarlett look, isn't that Roy? – Kat said with a surprised face

- Yes, you are right! what is he doing here and who is that girl? – Scarlett answered quickly

They were watching while they were hiding to see what would happen

- Look Roy, they're still here I told you. – Alice said while she shook Roy's sleeve

Deep in the alley there were two guys, the ones Roy had already seen once, but one of them was injured, so Alice and Roy took advantage and got closer.

- Hello dear, that injury must hurt a lot, your blood smells good, can I have a taste? - Alice with a grin

- Smells good? What the hell are you talking about, you are sick. It doesn't hurt at all, it will heal soon and when that happens you will soon know a world of pain. – he said while cracking his knuckles.

- How rude, I was just kidding. - Alice said as she scoffed

- Wait! Alice if you kill him now, we won't have clues of what is going on. – Roy said

- Shut up, I know what I'm doing. Now, where were we... – Alice said while she was turning around

Suddenly, the man attacked Alice and in an instant, his arm flew off. The man steps back hurt while groaning

- Are you all right Kein? We shouldn't fight her, even I couldn’t react she moved too fast. We need to retreat now. – The black-haired lady said

- How cute you are taking care of such a musclehead, but I can't let you go. I need answers, don't worry, I won’t be that rough honey.

- I am not allowed to talk about it. - she responded in a calmly

Suddenly, the girl as she threw a smoke bomb on the ground to escape, the vampire was in front of them in an instant and grabbed the smoke bomb before it went off, everyone was confused about how she got there so fast.

- I don’t really know what is this but I thought I shouldn’t let this touch the ground, now tell me honey, where did you come from, you were injured so you must have done something before

- Wait there a second! you have to explain what just happened now “A voice at the back was heard”

- Kat?! Scarlett?! What are you doing here?  – Roy said surprised

- We could ask you the same question; what were you thinking doing this alone?

- I am not here by my will…

- Anyway, who is she and what was that speed, she literally vanished. - Scarlett asked curiously

- Well, I guess there's no need to hide it from you since you already saw her. She's a vampire, she mysteriously appeared in my room today and I'm basically at her beck and call or I am dead.

- Hello girls, it's a pleasure, I'm Ravenous-Melancholia Alice Grimoire-Heart.

- Oh, when you're not trying to kill someone, you seem cute. – Kat said

- Ooh thank you I appreciate it. - Alice replied blushing

Taking advantage of the fact that the vampire was distracted, the two silently withdraw.

- Now shall we continue…. What the hell! GREAT, while I was distracted these humans ran away... Uuh! Well, at least they forgot to pick up that guy’s arm.

The three of them stare at the vampire who was walking calmly to grab the arm of the man. The vampire sniffed his arm carefully, then ate it. They all watched in disgust as the vampire savored human flesh as if it were normal food.

- Mhmm, that was delicious, I haven't eaten human meat for a long time. Now I'll have to work twice as hard, which I dread. How will you guys make up for it? – She said while putting her finger in her chin while moving her head slightly to the side

- Let’s calm down Alice, I'll buy you a cake now, so can we stop now.

- Roy, don't you think you're treating her too good.

- Believe me Scarlett, when she's angry she's not as cute as she looks now. I don't want any problems now.

They all took a break on a bench and ate cake.

- Delicious I will never get bored of this. Okay, now I can continue, I have the trail of the boy, let's follow him.

3