The Lost Crypts of Gothmog – Page 100
112 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

You open the door. Behind it is another door with the words “Turn Back” written on it in red paint. You open that, too, only to find yet another door behind it. This one has the words “Do Not Enter” on it.

And so it goes, for a total of twelve doors with various warnings written on them. Finally, the last one opens into a small chamber, and your eyes are immediately drawn to the machine in the center of the space. The machine is impressively large, with a complicated series of cogs and gears that fill the inside of a glass case. The outside of the machine is equally intricate, with brass and copper tubing winding around the exterior. You can't help but to be impressed by the workmanship that went into creating this marvel.

As you approach the machine, you can see that there is a lever on its side. The writing below the lever says:

Enter code then pull the lever.

Code? What code?

There are two dials numbered from 0 to 9 below the lever. Presumably, one should turn the dials to the correct two-number digit before pulling the lever to operate the machine.

You circle the machine and find that on the other side are two key-shaped indentations on the surface.

 

You have two keys. (Page 92)

 

You don’t have two keys. (Page 14)

1