Chapter 18 – Magic!
2.8k 10 135
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After a few minutes of flying, I reached the Cute Cat Café from earlier. This café was a three-story building; Aru’s parents owned it, but they lived somewhere else.

The reason why the girl was always in the café and became a regular was that. Aru lived on the third floor because she wanted to have a big room. Her parents allowed her because it didn’t affect her study, and they respected their daughter’s wishes.

I wished my parents were like that too, but I couldn’t choose.

Enough of that. I landed in the alleyway close to the CCC. I really wanted to tell Aru that I had become a Magical Girl, but it wasn’t the time yet. I still needed to get some exposure to myself first so I could get a precious surprised expression from my cute little friend.

Imagine if the Magical Girl that became a big sensation was actually your friend. You would be surprised, right? That's what I planned to do.

I changed to my previous appearance and walked toward the café with my hands in my jacket pocket. The street was a bit empty as it was still around 7 AM. Many people were still sleeping. Their usual daily activities start at 8 AM, such as breakfast and work for businessmen.

When I arrived at the CCC and was about to go to the second floor, I saw Aru standing in front of the stairs with crossed arms, looking around suspiciously. I tilted my head a little in wonder, and then I called out to her.

“Aru!”

Hearing my voice, Aru looked at me and approached me at a fast pace. She took my hand and pulled me upstairs, toward the third floor. Instead of the café, she took me directly to her room.

“H-Hey?! What happened?” I asked in wonder, surprised by her sudden move.

“Shut up and follow me! Are you crazy, Asa?” She raised her voice as she slammed the door shut.

Bam!

Aru’s room was a typical gamer room 7x7 meters in size. The entrance directly connected to her bedroom, which was illuminated in a neon RGB light that was set to dark purple. Two doors stood on the left and right side near the entrance. Those doors led to the bathroom and kitchen, respectively.

I was still left confused. She called me crazy, didn’t she? She then pulled me to her bed, sitting me down as she sat on her chair in front of a computer with two big ultra-widescreen monitors.

Why?

I asked inside my mind. I could only blink repeatedly as Aru operated her computer, dragging a window with complicated stuff in it before opening a video file.

When she did that, sweat began to pour out of my temple. I sometimes forget about the small stuff, including Aru’s information network, which extended to almost all of Japan.

So, of course…

“Now, Asa. Explain this to me… thoroughly.” Aru played the video file. It was about my transformation at the park earlier. Someone had managed to record it, but thankfully, my face wasn’t shown on the camera. But my outfits were captured perfectly, down to the logo on my jogging pants.

Right… I know this will happen. But not today.

I smiled wryly as I scratched my cheek. My surprise failed due to my carelessness. I was the one who said that I didn’t mind being seen by other people when transforming. But this was a bit too fast.

Should I stop transforming in public? No, that won’t do. I will use the other appearance that I took when I met Haruhi before transforming into a Magical Girl. Yes, that is the best option. Sexy Asa will be known as Arsy before long.

That was a done monologue. But now, how should I answer Aru?

“So?” Aru looked at me as she crossed her legs. “Any explanation?”

Aru was my friend, and she looked a bit disappointed right now as I hid the fact that I had become a Magical Girl from her. The best way to settle this without harming anyone was…

“Magic!” I exclaimed as I spread my arms and smiled widely. “Hehehe.”

“You will explain everything,” Aru said with a grin on her face.

Looking at her face sent a shiver down my spine. At that moment, I realized.

Oh… no… Is this how Magiya Blaze felt when she faced me? This is a bit exciting…

I felt something strange awakened inside me.

***

In the end, I explained a made-up story to Aru.

I meant, there was no way I told her that I became my Magical Giants character, right? That would be too dangerous. Titan and Giants didn’t return human memories about Magical Giants because it was too dangerous.

So I told her that the cat I had brought yesterday was the Giant that gave me a wand to transform into a Magical Girl. I also showed her my sexy Asa form with long purple hair and yellow eyes, similar to Arsy.

Because I was sexier and a bit more beautiful in this form, Aru forced me to stay like this. No, she was adamant that she wouldn’t let me turn back because I was too plain or something. Wasn’t that rude?

“So that’s what happened… I am really jealous, you bastard!” She cursed at me after listening to my story.

“It can’t be helped. I am that charming.” I grinned smugly at Aru and raised my shoulder.

“Grrr… I can’t deny that you’re beautiful, but is that the criteria to become a Magical Girl? In that case, I can become one, too, right? Look, I am this cute!” Aru puffed her non-existent chest that was hidden beneath a dark blue sweater that she currently wore.

“Pfft!” I couldn’t hold my laughter when she did that. “With that flat chest?” And I mocked her as I grabbed my own D-Cup breasts.

“Look at this. Boing-boing.” I made a gesture of pushing my breasts up and down, jiggling them with my hands.

“Tsk!” Aru clicked her tongue and averted her gaze in disdain.

“Anyway, why did you call me so suddenly? I have yet to sleep, so make it fast. Last night, the forum was crazy when I tried to look at the information you asked for, and this morning you added to the craziness with your transformation video being spread. I have deleted all of it, so don’t worry. The video was only being watched around four times because it was the time for the people in the forum to go to sleep.”

You owe me something big, Aru added as she let out a tired sigh and leaned against her chair backrest. As it was a kind of office chair, the backrest was so comfy, which made her smile a little.

It seemed like she was sulking. My friend was really cute. She even worried about me and deleted all the videos even though it was unnecessary.

“My bad, okay? That’s what I wanted to ask. What happened last night? I was busy, so I didn’t look at the forum, and this morning, there is a crazy thread about an idol group that a Giant created to find a new Magical Girl. Explain that to me, Aru. Is it related to that group I asked you to look into?”

Yesterday, I asked Aru to look into Diva’s idol group. The rivalry between the members was strange to the point that Utahime asked a thug to harm Diva. That wasn’t normal, and it made me a bit suspicious about the group, and I wanted to find out more about them.

Then last night, a thread about an idol group came out of the forum. It was too convenient.

Is it related to one another, after all?

Aru answered the question inside my head casually.

“Ah, it is indeed related. But, Asa. This… maybe will become more troublesome than we initially thought. The group isn’t normal, and the Giant in question never showed itself even once in front of the public. It could be false information, or someone tried to pitch those idols against each other.”

“Someone, huh? Well, thank you. That’s enough, I think. I now know why the rivalry of that idol group would escalate to that point.”

“You know something?” Aru asked, pushing her glasses up. “I won’t pry into it, though. More importantly, the promised item.” She extended her hand toward me and gestured to give her my item.

This greedy little shit. I wasn’t even done talking yet.

Author Here~

6 Advanced chapters (For this series) available on my Patreon!! You can find it Here

I have some illustrations of Arsy, Asa, Diva, Magiya Blaze that I posted on Patreon too!

Join my discord!!
https://discord.gg/G24qyWdBXs

135