Chapter 24 – Coincidence
2.3k 5 115
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Yesterday, the government announced that the Beasts nested in the area of Hokkaido had been exterminated. The details of the extermination and who did it were surrounded by mystery. However, we have the witness and currently interviewed him. Miss Fujiwara, please report what you have found out.]

[Alright, thank you, Mr. Sakata. This is Fujiwara reporting from Hokkaido. We have a witness here who claimed that he had seen a Magical Girl wearing Military Clothes flying around and exterminating the Beasts with a smile on her face. Can you please explain it in detail?]

[Yes. It’s like this…]

The beautiful reporter asked a middle-aged man on the MeTube Livestream about the recent news. Of course, they were talking about what I did yesterday.

“You’ve gone too far. To think you exterminated all Beasts in Hokkaido in just an hour.” Titan commented from my side as it watched the Livestream with me.

“Hehehe, thanks to that, I got a lot of money, no? I believe all of them are transferred to my account that you set up.”

“Indeed. I collected the money last night. You gained a total of 6.530.000 yen from selling the Beasts’ core to the government. This is a bit lacking due to you destroying all valuable materials. If only you collected them, you would get a lot more than this.”

“I can’t do that, Titan. Beast’s Core is okay, but the material from the Beast’s body can be used to create Magic Tools. I won’t sell them to the government. I don’t know what they will be used for.”

“Makes sense. I also agree with your decision this time.” Titan nodded, giving me a proud look. “So, why are you dressed up like this today? And what are we doing, standing in front of a train station like this.”

Right. I was dressed in a stylish black jacket with a black tank top underneath. It was not the sexy kind; it was a normal one. Instead of my usual jogging pants, I wore long black pants and white sneakers.

Currently, I was standing in front of a train station in Shibuya. I only watched the news earlier to pass the time while waiting for something.

“I didn’t tell you yet? Magical Diva Girls has a concert in Shibuya crossing in about an hour. It is held in the morning, which is a bit unusual, but I want to watch it!” I answered Titan with a voice full of energy as I removed the earphones from my ears.

Another piece of news already replaced the news about me, and it made me lose interest in it.

“Oh, your favorite idol group. I guess you are waiting for your friend here?”

“Yup! She will arrive at 10, so…” I looked at the time on my phone. “In 5 minutes.”

I did say that she would arrive in 5 minutes. But I never thought that someone would find me before I met Aru.

“Aaah!”

A loud, cute scream rang right beside me, from the direction of the station, and I turned around to the source of the voice.

Unexpectedly, there stood someone that I was familiar with. She wore a cute one-piece white dress with a summer hat. Her black hair was tied in a single braid; It was cute. I couldn’t avert my eyes from her.

I couldn’t help but smile widely. I bet my eyes shone right now; I could tell without a mirror. After all…

“Ya! Isn’t this Haruhi?”

She was my favorite girl.

“Y-You! What are you doing here, Arsy!”

“Now, now. Don’t call me that. My real name is Arisugawa Asa. Nice to meet you.” I bowed my head a little as I introduced myself.

Because she was a typical strict Japanese person, Haruhi bowed a little too, “Ah, nice to meet you. Not!”

She immediately shouted, and her face flushed red. How precious.

“Arisugawa, is it? I will call you that when you’re not transformed then.”

“Please, by all means, call me Asa.”

“No, I refuse.”

What a shame. I thought as I shrugged my shoulders. Titan smiled smugly on my shoulder. How annoying. Does Titan forget my punishment already? Should I spin it harder?

I glared at the furball on my shoulder, and it looked away from me while licking its paw.

“Anyway, what are you doing here?! Are you purposely waiting here to wait for me?!”

It seemed like she misunderstood something. While it was true that I was waiting for someone, it wasn’t her. But it sounded fun to tease her, so I didn’t fix her misunderstanding.

I smiled evilly as I held my face with my palm. It was time to channel my inner chuunibyou self.

“Kukuku, so you know my plan! That’s right!” I pointed at her exaggeratedly. “I am waiting for you, Haruhi!”

Titan seemed to cringe at my action and jumped off my shoulder, walking away after whispering something to my ear. “Yeah yeah, go on. I will find that kind girl myself. I hope she brings a catnip.”

“As expected! Why is it always you?!” She asked, to which I replied.

“Why can’t it be me?”

On a serious note, Titan had seemed to find Aru already and made their way here. I should end this farce soon.

“Anyway. I was just kidding, Haruhi. I am here to wait for my friend. What are you actually doing in this place? Shopping?”

I stopped my act and asked her calmly. Then, realizing that she had assumed something wrong, she blinked her eyes a few times before blushing in embarrassment.

Fufufu, what a cute reaction. I chuckled softly as I covered my mouth with my hand. I’d love to kiss her right now, but I held back because it was a public place. I couldn’t destroy her reputation in front of the public. Also, I didn’t want anyone else to see her cute face when I kissed her.

The latter was the real reason, though.

She didn’t reply to me. Her mouth was opened and closed repeatedly, but she was still too shocked by her own misunderstanding to say anything.

While waiting for her to recover, I felt Titan’s Mana reaction get closer, and they were about to arrive at this place.

“Speaking of which, there is my friend.” I looked at the stairs that led underground.

There, Aru appeared while holding Titan in her hand. That furball was enjoying a catnip with a satisfied smile.

Unexpectedly, Aru dressed lightly. A blue sweater, black shorts, and a white lab coat.

Why those clothes? I asked, but knowing her, I knew she thought that dressing up was troublesome. Clothes were clothes for her. I need to get her new clothes.

Haruhi also looked back and looked at Aru. She recognized Titan and knew that the girl holding the furball was my friend.

Titan pointed its paw at me, and Aru turned to look in our direction.

“Ah, Asa!” She shouted, running toward me. Stopping in front of me, she said. “Sorry, I went to the toilet earlier!”

“Don’t worry,” I said. Then I turned to Haruhi. “I enjoyed talking with the cute girl over here while waiting for you.”

“Cute girl?!” Haruhi exclaimed while Aru turned to her.

“Hmm?” She hummed. “Oh… OOOOH!!” Apparently, she recognized her.

Magical Girls had Magic to make people unable to recognize them when they were transforming. That Magic only worked on normal people and those who never saw them transformed.

In other words, once a person saw a Magical Girl transforming through a video or directly, the Magic would stop working on her.

Aru, being an admin of the Magical Girl forum, surely watched almost all videos of Magical Girls transforming recklessly.

I knew that after she showed me my transformation video. Surely, one or two videos of Magiya Blaze were taken too, although they never made it to the forum because Aru rejected them.

“Magiya Blaze!! It’s an honor to meet you!” Aru exclaimed like a fan meeting their idol. The people turned their attention to us but quickly looked away because there was no red-haired girl among us.

Haruhi then glared at me with a look that could kill normal people. From her gaze, I could understand she was trying to say, ‘Did you tell her?’ but my answer was me shaking my head. Aru also noticed that.

“Asa didn’t tell me anything. I know because I saw your transformation videos before. Don’t worry, though. I deleted them all from the internet already!”

Sighing, Haruhi turned to Aru and smiled a little. “Please don’t yell that name in public. I don’t want people to know about me too much.”

“Of course, don’t worry.” Aru replied excitedly. Then as if she remembered something, she let out a panicked voice. “Ah! Asa!”

“Hmm? What’s wrong?”

“We need to hurry! It’s almost starting! We need to get to the front row to get a nice view!” She said, pulling my hand.

Right. If possible, I also wanted to watch them as close to the stage as possible.

“Let’s go then,” I replied, then turned to Haruhi. “That’s how it is, Haruhi. See you again.” I waved at her with my free hand and walked away without waiting for her answer because Aru had already pulled my hand strongly.

“Yes. See you again.”

When I walked away, I swore that I heard her soft voice answering me. She didn’t hate me after all.

Author Here~

6 Advanced chapters (For this series) available on my Patreon!! You can find it Here

I have some illustrations of Arsy, Asa, Diva, Magiya Blaze that I posted on Patreon too!

Join my discord!!
https://discord.gg/G24qyWdBXs

115