Chapter 57: Planning
354 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

New World, Fortis Kingdom, Royal Palace, Study Room.

"How are the seeds prepared?" Ars asked while looking at Eina, Nezuko, Megumi, and Isshiki.

Ars had gathered everyone who worked in the Department of Agriculture because he had something to talk about.

“The preparations are ready, Ars” Eina as the Head of the Department immediately replied, “We just need to wait some time for the selection of superior seeds. It is possible that tomorrow the election will be finished and the seeds that have been selected will soon be planted.”

Ars nodded and continued, “The meeting between the royal leaders is about to start and it's only two days from now”

“Two days from now? Does that mean the meeting will take place on February 16th?” Isshiki asked.

“Yes” Ars nodded, “The previous plan was for the meeting to take place tomorrow. However, there have been some changes to the schedule because there is a Kingdom that wants to establish a cooperative relationship with us and currently Hashirama and Iowa have left to take care of the matter of conversation. As long as the kingdom agrees to our terms. We can establish a cooperative relationship with them.”

“What kingdom would like to establish a cooperative relationship with us, Ars?” Megumi asked curiously.

“Amazon Lily Kingdom” Ars said calmly.

“Amazon Lily Kingdom?” Eina raised her brow, “Isn't that a kingdom ruled by the Pirate Empress Boa Hancock? Isn't that kingdom a kingdom run by a group of pirates? Why should we build a cooperative relationship with them?”

"Even though it is. However, the geographical factor of the island caused them to do that” Ars said calmly, “The location of the Amazon Lily Kingdom is in the Calm Belt region which is a windless zone. No merchant ships dared to come there. It also makes it difficult for their empire to build a business network and can only rely on piracy to meet their needs. I've asked them for conditions regarding the prohibition of piracy if they want to establish a cooperative relationship and start setting up a business network that will later become the main source of income for their empire. Especially for the Grand Line area itself, our kingdom still doesn't have a cooperation network that can help us to market our products. As long as they agree to that, we can build a cooperative relationship.”

“I see.” Eina nodded.

“At the next meeting, I will try to recruit some workers back to work in your department. I will ask the kings, which kingdom is ready to help us in preparing human resources. That's why I called you here.” Ars paused for a moment and continued, “How many human resources do you need to help complete the work you have?”

Eina thought for a moment and continued, “I don't think there's a need for too much for now, Ars.” Eina said, “We currently don't need too many workers. Maybe around 200 people. 50 people will be given to Megumi, 50 people will be given to Nezuko, and 100 people will be given to Isshiki. While for the documents and administration. We don't need this part yet."

"What do you think?" asked Ars while looking at Megumi, Nezuko, and Isshiki.

“I have no problem with this” Isshiki smiled, “For my own part anyway. We only have a duty to carry out supervision and maintenance. As long as there are no problems with the rice currently being planted. My part is not having a lot of work”

Ars nodded and looked at Megumi and Nezuko.

“Ars… I think I need more” Nezuko said shyly, “Probably around 75 people or even 100 people if possible”

“In that case, you can cut off from my people, Ars” Isshiki said, “The workers in my own territory are only doing surveillance and nothing else. Compared to recruiting more workers, it is better to shift some other workers who are already superior in one field. This is also to save on expenses for financing salary funds and also food financing. Oh yes. and could lighten the workload of Jouichirou and the others. The more people we currently recruit, the heavier the workload they have.”

“How about this, Ars” Eina suddenly said back, “Since Isshiki's department only has supervisory duties, we can give him 25 workers. While the other 175 workers we have currently recruited are given to Nezuko and Megumi. The task they have is quite heavy right now because they have to do the planting.”

“Are you okay with this, Isshiki?” Ars asked while looking at Isshiki.

"Not. I have no problem” Isshiki smiled.

“Ars” Megumi suddenly said, “Regarding recruitment. How about recruiting 225 people? So that Nezuko and I can get an equal. Compared to recruiting 200 people and Isshiki getting 25. That means we have to split the other 2,175 people.”

“225 people, huh? Okay. I will recruit a suitable amount” Ars nodded and continued, “Do you guys still have jobs after this?”

“No.” Nezuko, Megumi and Eina immediately shook their heads.

“I'm still there” Isshiki replied, “I still need to do an examination”

Ars nodded then looked at Megumi, Eina, and Nezuko, “Since you guys don't have any more work to do, can you go to the workers' quarters and check the rooms that will be used by the workers in your department. Check the equipment that is there as well as mark the rooms that will be used later.”

“We understand”

"Okay. You can come back already.”

Eina and the others immediately walked out of the study. Suddenly Ars's den-den mushi rang. Ars immediately picked it up.

“Hello, Ars here”

"It's me, Your Majesty. Hashirama"

"How was the conversation there? Is it going well?”

“The talks went well, Your Majesty. The Royal Empress of Amazon Lily agrees to our terms”

"Good. Then invite him here. We will soon sign a cooperation agreement so that they can participate in the meeting 2 days from now. Oh, yes, on the way here. Help him to understand the rules as well as matters regarding our kingdom. So that I won't have to explain to him again when he gets here."

"I see"

Royal Palace, Library Room.

"Hey, Shiina" Robin suddenly called out to Shiina who was in front of him.

Shiina's relationship with Robin can be said to be very good even though the two have just met. Shiina even asked Robin to remove her honorific call.

“You have power, power, and other things. Why don't you guys try to overthrow the World Government? Wouldn't it be that by overthrowing the World Government, you could become the ruler of this world? I've asked Hashirama about this before. However, the answer he gave me is because His Majesty is not someone who wants that.”

"That's true. The answer that Hashirama gave was the correct answer.” Shiina replied calmly, “His Majesty is not someone who has a very big ambition. The purpose of the formation of this kingdom is so that we can live comfortably and also so that the citizens of our kingdom can live in peace. The matter of overthrowing the World Government is quite troublesome. Even though His Majesty can do it. However, that was not what he wanted to do. He just wants to live in peace with his friends as well as the citizens of his kingdom.”

"I see." Robin nodded.

“I saw that your face changed quite a bit when you read about the age of emptiness. Did that really surprise you?” Shiina asked curiously.

“Yes” Robin nodded, “Though that's one of the reasons. But another reason is because I never believed that it would be so easy to know the history of the age of emptiness.”

"Easy as that? Ah, if I'm not mistaken you've been a fugitive from the World Government since childhood, haven't you?” Shiina asked back.

"How did you know that?" Robin asked in quite a surprised tone.

“His Majesty said that to us” Shiina said, “Didn't I tell you before? His Majesty has quite a lot of information regarding this world as well as the people His Majesty deems important. You are the one that His Majesty has been seeking information on.”

"I'm getting more and more attracted to Your Majesty" Robin said with a small smile, "Do you think I can meet him now?"

"Currently? Yes." Shiina nodded, "Would you like to meet him? If you want, I can ask him. Does Your Majesty have time—”

Before Shiina could finish her sentence, her den-den mushi sounded. Shiina immediately raised the den-den mushi.

“Hello, Shiina here”

"It's me, Shiina, Ars"

"Your Honour?" Shiina was quite surprised to know who contacted her.

“You are quite surprised. Are you doing something, Shiina? Am I bothering you?"

"No, no. It's just, I'm currently talking to Robin about you and I didn't expect you to contact me.”

“Talk about me? I am interested in your topic of conversation. So, what are you guys talking about?” Ars asked in a cheerful tone.

“Robin wants to know if she can meet you or not. I replied that she could. However, I need to ask when you can do that.”

"Oh, I see. I think she's quite lucky. I do currently have time to meet him. Also, I have business with you. Can you come to my study? Take Robin with you at the same time."

“I understand.” Shiina nodded.

"I will wait for you here"

The direct line of communication was closed and Shiina looked at Robin, “Your Majesty has time. Let's go there. If you have a question you want to ask, you can ask him. His Majesty has quite extensive knowledge and knows about various things that exist in this world.”

Robin nodded and there was also a feeling of joy because he also wanted to meet someone who could be said to have saved him and had also given the opportunity to study the history of this world.

Shiina and Robin immediately headed to the study and it didn't take long for them to arrive there. Robin immediately saw Ars who was sitting at his desk and looked at them.

“Finally you guys arrived” Ars said with a smile and continued, “Welcome to the Kingdom of Fortis, Nico Robin. I hope you like the place we prepared and the treatment of our people”

“Thank you for the welcome, Your Majesty” Robin said with a small smile, “I really like the room prepared for me and also the people here are very friendly. Besides that, I also want to thank you for saving me and also giving me a place to live.”

"You're welcome" Ars nodded and his eyes stared at Shiina, "Shiina, please make a cooperation agreement document"

"Cooperation agreement? Did we just establish a cooperative relationship again?” Shiina asked in confusion.

"Yes. Hashirama and Iowa had taken care of it. We will establish cooperation with the Amazon Lily Kingdom”

“Amazon Lily Kingdom? Aren't they a kingdom ruled by a pirate group? Why should we build cooperation with them?” Shiina asked strangely.

Ars immediately explained the reason to Shiina and the reason Ars gave was enough to surprise Robin.

“I see” Shiina nodded, “Okay, I'll make it.”

Shiina then looked at Robin, “I'll stay first, Robin. We can talk or ask His Majesty something. I need to do this task in another room.”

"I understand." Robin nodded.

Shiina without waiting long immediately left the room.

"Well, is there something you want to talk to me about?" Ars asked with great interest.

“I wonder, what is the reason Your Majesty is seeking information about me?” Robin asked with interest.

“You are someone from Ohara Island where the island is the center of knowledge which means you can say you are a genius. I gathered information about you because I was quite interested in a child who was wanted by the World Government. I didn't think that you had enough interesting things to say about your genius. The finance department is a department that must require someone who is a genius and also conscientious to work in it. It's very difficult to find someone like that. You are qualified and this is what made me recruit you into our kingdom.”

“I see” Robin nodded, “Then, I would like to know, What was the reason His Majesty did not try to overthrow the World Government? Even though at that time you had the opportunity to do it.”

"Isn't this question you have heard from other people?" Ars asked while raising his brow, “If not. I just have no interest in taking care of such troublesome matters. I just want to focus on managing my kingdom. Even though the current World Government could be destroyed. However, it is possible in the future that people who are similar to them may even be more inhuman than them. As long as there are humans in this world. It is impossible for negative actions to be eliminated. If you want this world to be calm and peaceful. Then destroy all the humans in this world then the world can be calm and peaceful."

“But, if you do things like that, you will definitely be known by everyone in this world especially you might be considered a savior”

“I'm not interested in such things” Ars shook his head, “My goal right now is just to build a kingdom where my friends can live in peace and the citizens of our kingdom can get security, food, etc. I'm not interested in being famous or a legend. I prefer to live in peace with my friends and my people."

“You are quite a unique king” Robin said with a low chuckle, “If the other Kings had all the things you currently have. They will probably do whatever it takes to increase their influence.”

“They are them. I am me” Ars shrugged casually, “I have no interest in such things. After all, I'm already quite grateful with my current territory. This area is large and if used properly will be able to bring huge profits. People like you said are people who will never be satisfied forever.”

"I think so." Robin nodded,

"Well, what's your goal now Robin?" Ars asked with interest, “Previously the aim was to know about the void century, wasn't it? Now you know what really happened in the age of emptiness. Do you have any other goals you want to pursue after this?”

"Destination?" Robin suddenly fell silent hearing this and then smiled, "Maybe. My goal is the same as yours. I just want to live in peace from now on.”

Ars chuckled softly, “Your current mindset is almost the same as ours. All the higher-ups from our kingdom also had the same thought except for a few adventurous people. However, they are also not very interested in the issue of power struggles and other things. I hope you can live in peace in our kingdom. Our kingdom will definitely not treat you badly as long as you also follow the rules set by our kingdom.”

"I understand." Robin nodded.

“Do you have anything else you want to talk about? Otherwise, I need to get ready to welcome the arrival of the Pirate Empress. The person is known to be quite proud and arrogant. At the very least, I also need preparations to meet him.”

"It's not there anymore" Robin shook her head and suddenly remembered something, "If someday I want to see you to talk again, is it okay?"

"Speak? You can try to find me at night. Usually I have free time at that time.”

"I understand" Robin nodded and immediately saluted Ars and immediately left the study.

Not long after Robin left, Ars also left the room to prepare himself.

12