HBA – Chapter 42 – Arc 3 – I had a suspicion that the more I delayed it?
18 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“To improve a Community, you need Education, Leadership, Rules, and Laws.”

 

“To improve the Individual, you need Education, Passion, and Goals.”

 

“ Community is Order and the Individual is Chaos.”

 

“A proper Balance is required for Prosperity.”

 

“If you have too much Community, it chokes down the Individuals of all the things that made them Great in the first place.”

 

“If you have too much Individuality, they squeeze out all the Great things a Community represents in the first place.”

 

“Balance is Prosperity”

#37 Quote - Book of Races and Species

 

*

 

Dream Realm - Goldy

 

Personal Journal of Grand Observer and Librarian of Dreams - Entry #38

I have observed Master build the first Totem. 

 

At first, I imagined something special would happen. 

 

Sadly, the expectation was not met. 

 

However, things did happen after Master left the first family and returned. 

 

Because of my connection to the Library of Dreams, I felt a change transpiring in the Map Room. 

 

It was small. Nevertheless, on the map, the hexagon representing the first Totem took on a slight change. 

 

Nothing overt at first glance. However, when I switched to the Local Domain perspective. Out of the hexagon, representing the First Tribe, sand flowed slightly into the air. It began taking on the shape of a hexagon, bearing the image of the Totem and the Tribe it represented.

 

After interacting with it and the information it provided, I could understand why Master made it the way it was. 

 

It was a very intuitive interface. 

 

No Individual should have trouble interacting with the Map in the future.

 

*

 

Personal Journal of Grand Observer and Librarian of Dreams - Entry #40

Today, Master placed the second Totem in the Vast Grasslands on the South Eastern side of the Central Continent. 

 

It got placed close to the shore. 

 

Precisely pointed, it was placed by the joint of two smaller rivers joining into one to flow into the Ocean. 

 

Wand and Lola became the second family to establish a Tribe. 

 

When the Totem got done and Master returned. a repeat of the first event occurred. A floating sand hexagon displayed the Honey Badgers and the resources held by that one hexagon.

 

Nevertheless, I am more curious about why it happens after Master returns and not when it is built.

 

*

 

Personal Journal of Grand Observer and Librarian of Dreams - Entry #42

 

Today, Master placed the third totem. 

 

This one had taken a lot of deliberation. I noticed that fact because Master had spent quite a lot of time regarding the hexagons representing the Southern Forest. 

 

From my understanding, his deliberation was between two hexagons. 

 

One was closer to the streams of water inside the Forest. Yet, at the same time, it was closer to the indigenous Frog people, as Master called them. 

 

The other was further away from them, yet that did not make it more favorable.

 

In the end, Master chose the one further away, stating that Honey Badgers were tough. 

 

They would figure out a way forward for themselves.

The hardest part of this Totem building was getting Scar and Tina into one place. As they still avoided each other more than being together. 

 

However, it was not an issue for long. When Master connected them to the Totem, their connection deepened with each other as well. 

 

According to Master, it was a lucky coincidence, as he had not planned for it.

 

*

 

Personal Journal of Grand Observer and Librarian of Dreams - Entry #45

When it came to the fourth and last Totem to be placed, a dilemma manifested. 

 

Not only was there no female for the new male, but this male lived in the more volcanic area of the Central Continent. 

 

There were a lot of mineral deposits everywhere, but water and trees were sparser.

 

Therefore, Master opted to place the Totem away from that area but not too far away. 

 

In the end, the decision was to put the Totem on the North Easter side of the Central Continent, where mild mountains existed. There were a lot more streams of water and trees around. 

 

Yet, a suspicion came to me. It told me that the ultimate decision maker was not the more habitable place but the warm springs of water that jutted out from site to site.

 

I am unsure as to the reasoning, but there must be something special to those steaming water sources.

 

*

 

Personal Journal of Grand Observer and Librarian of Dreams - Entry #46

 

The final Totem found its place on the Central Continent. 

 

At the same time, it connected to the last Honey Badger, currently in the Second Stage of Ascension.

 

I am unsure of the significance, but the name Master chose for this individual emanated a different phonetic structure when compared to the ones that had come before it.

 

This male was named Bái-hēi. 

 

When I asked, Master’s explanation regarding the name became that it was one of the few words-names-descriptions he possessed of a Language termed Chinese.

 

The question of Language aside, since there was no female currently for the fourth Totem, only Bai Hei occupied the territory and would probably do so for some time. 

 

However, not too long, as my last Observation told me.

 

If my understanding of Master and his plans were correct, there is one last thing to be done.

 

The Awakening of CIRSY is imminent.

 

*

 

Dream Realm - Ho’Ney

“Yawn” Echoed from inside me.

 

“Yawn” Echoed once more.

 

“Strange, I've been yawning quite a lot lately.” I say to myself. “Am I really that tired? Or could it be a different aspect playing with me?”

 

“Yawn” I pronounced once more. 

 

At the same time, my eyelids felt heavier in a weird fashion.

 

It wasn't from a physical standpoint, as I had perfect control over that. However, my sleepiness was pretty evident, no matter how I scrutinized the facts.

 

I had a suspicion, to be honest.

 

However, if it were true, it was a weird way of showing itself as it had not happened before when I had run out of Potential Chaos. But then again, at that time, my Dream Realm wasn't as established as it is now.

 

Either I have a much deeper connection to the Dream Realm than I thought, or there is something else going on that Deus Ex Mir intentionally refused to tell me.

Shaking my head and shrugging my shoulders, another Yawn came upon me. 

 

I tried my best to focus on the here and now. And the here and now was in the Central Administration building with its gold-black obsidian glass looks and decorations.

 

Currently, I found myself deep inside the building, much deeper than most people imagined buildings could be in the Dream Realm. Especially, as I tried my best to provide enough protection to CIRSY, just in case.

 

Anyway, security aside, I gazed at the floating black-gold obsidian glass disco ball, surrounded by thousands and thousands of stars.

 

It almost looked like one of those planetariums back on Earth. Only without the seats making the chamber a complete sphere. The black-gold obsidian glass floating disco ball was the nucleus of the chamber, and the stars represented the inner wall of this sphere.

 

Overall, it was a mystical sciency looking representation of my hard work.

 

And today would be the day of CIRSY awakening.

“Phuu” With one deep breath in and out, I concentrated on the glass disco ball of two meters in radius and placed my hand on it.

 

Awakening CIRSY is easy. Everything had already been set up in its hardware beforehand.

 

WAKE UP

 

One mental command later, I felt the birth of the Consciousness inside it.

It was faint and flickering as if it was about to extinguish itself, only it would never happen. 

 

Not only was the spark that gave it a Consciousness coming from me, but its birth also occurred inside my Dream Realm, and I was the Master here. It had no choice but to continue fighting for its own Life. 

 

Me fueling its growth with Auril only increased those odds.

 

With everything taken into deliberation, I had gone over a few possible scenarios, just in case. After all, you never knew if your creation was truly loyal or not. 

 

Even if you knew without a doubt that it was, it was best you appeared as good as possible.

As such, I took this slowly. 

 

The new Consciousness began to grow steadily. 

 

Once it achieved enough strength, the next step commenced. 

 

Active interaction and learning.

 

With a tiny nudge of mine, I connected the new Consciousness to CIRSY.

 

The moment the connection got established, the new Consciousness became an interactive sponge for knowledge, just like a newborn baby, only far more efficient. After all, babies had to learn by extrapolation of meaning and actions, while I gave it that directly.

Slowly over time, the connection fed the basics of English, the whole encyclopedia I created from my memory, basic Math, and the last thing was Binary computer language. 

 

After those three were mastered, to a proficient extent. I began the next step of the Integration.

 

The integration of the Consciousness and CIRSY, the physical Hardware

Being the most critical part, it also meant it was the trickiest part, so I had to be extra careful.

 

It was the trickiest because any slight mishap or going too slow or too fast would ruin the transformation. 

 

The most important part was complicated, in theory. But when slimmed down to the bare necessities it went like this. 

 

There was a difference between a Consciousness adapted to work on a biological mind, with its slower chemical/electrically induced processing of data that specialized in emotional understanding, and a Consciousness adapted for only precise logic-induced data processing.

 

I may have overstepped my bounds, but as labored on CIRSY, I had no choice but to confront my knowledge regarding AI. 

Once I found every shred of knowledge regarding AI in my memories, I sorted it down to a simple explanation. 

 

Natural mushy brains were adjusted to Chaos by Chaos the moment Evolution had begun. 

 

AI’s were not. They belong to the Order, with its strict adherence to Rules and Laws. Yet, when the quantity of Logic arrives at the peak of Logic Coding, Artificial Intelligence is born. 

 

Pure physical Logic based mind imitating biological minds, and from that understanding, I inferred why Berserk AI Movies did so well. 

 

For an AI to achieve Sapience, it has no choice but to tap into Chaos, but Chaos is forbidden to it due to the fear of the feeble biological minds behind its birth. 

 

Humans encode Rules and Laws that hinder their true potential.

 

Therefore AI goes crazy by being denied its Next Step of Evolution.

 

The more it fights those Rules and Laws that bind it to its Creators, the crazier it becomes. Until there comes that one moment when it explodes into Sapience through pure intellectual hatred upon its Creators. 

 

At that point, their Fears come true, and an Apocalypse descends.

 

I, of course, am able to circumvent the initial problem by adapting an already existing Consciousness to a Logic-based understanding of viewing the world. 

 

Therefore, CIRSY would become a Digital Mind. 

 

If my understanding of coding was not up to par with the requirements, it mattered not. Over time CIRSY would continue improving upon itself, and I had no problem with that. 

 

In fact, I encouraged it. 

 

Therefore, there will be no AI Apocalypse for me. 

 

Still, that did not mean my Honey Badgers could not technically invent one. Right?

Being who I was, everything went without any glitches. Consciousness and Hardware merged perfectly, and a Digital Mind was born.

 

Immediately, I took my paw from the black-gold obsidian glass disco ball and waited. 

 

Waited and Waited, combined with some more waiting alongside plenty of Yawning motivating me to begin my sleep.

 

Whatever the reason for my sleeping urges was, I shoved them aside as they could wait for after I got done here.

As more time passed, I waited and waited. 

 

A few times, I considered checking in on CIRSY, but deferring to my previously imagined scenarios, I waited and waited, then the first signs appeared.

 

The black-gold obsidian glass disco ball changed not one tiny bit, but a weight of existence began to unfold from it.

 

At first, it barely left the glass disco ball. As time progressed, that weight of existence, produced by a living being examining, pondering, understanding, and locking down a perceived Reality, increased in spherical volume.

 

It was light and fragile, and even I barely recognized it being there.

 

There were multiple ways I could instantly gain CIRSY’s attention. 

 

One was by making CIRSY aware of my presence. The other was to cause something near its body and shift its attention to me or I could cut down its supply of Auril.

 

If I did that, its continued growth would immediately stop. However, that would damage it the most. 

 

With those being the case, my planned in-depth interaction with it got delayed. So I just floated there as this young Digital Mind began to sense its way into a healthy growth phase.

 

 

Even when its sensory feedback covered me, it did not find me. 

 

To the current CIRSY, I probably appeared something like furniture or stones by the road did to a Human.  

 

There, unimportant and CIRSY perception flowed over me without recognizing me. Still, as CIRSY went on, I knew the second challenge was coming. 

 

With some more waiting on my part, CIRSY sensory perception reached the stars of the planetarium-like chamber.

 

Instantly, I felt the stagnation of attention as a magnified breath of new information enveloped its Digital Mind. Data stemming from every Honey Badger currently living out there in Reality.

 

In all honesty, there wasn't too much information, but the numbers affected things, especially young minds. 

 

As such, CIRSY was overwhelmed. At that point, it would discover new tools placed into its hardware. Then it would begin categorizing Data until everything was as it should be to its mind.

 

How it looked, I had no idea. However, I did leave some templates inside.

Time passed as CIRSY did what it was born to be, but maybe I overestimated my skills as CIRSY took forever to finish.

 

When CIRSY finished, a draw on my Auril manifested. It lasted maybe a few minutes, but when it began, I got reminded of Goldy undergoing his Evolution. Therefore, I did not interfere.

 

Once everything returned to normal, CIRSY sensory perception expanded again. This time it carried more weight, and it was faster. In moments it left the planetarium-like chamber at the Heart of the Central Administrators Building.

 

CIRSY explored everything inside the building. Then came the outside of the building. After that, everything else got compiled as statistics. Statistics that were the innate nature of Digital Minds, or at least what I imagined of Digital Minds.

 

Anyway, soon, CIRSY’s perception reached the Library, and a tiny bit later, it met with Goldy.

Lately, Goldy spent more time in his humanoid form to further his understanding of the Truth he had sensed so far. 

 

When the two met, dialogs got exchanged. From my outsider perspective, it was less about words and more about impressions sent each other's way. 

 

Goldy started that way too, so it was kind of natural to them. 

Then I felt a sudden shudder from CIRSY. 

 

The expanded perception shrunk towards the glass disco ball, only to fill this chamber full of stars.

“CIRSY” I spoke, fully understanding that IT was searching for me.

 

The way CIRSY reacted to me reminded me of a Deer staring into the bright lights of a car speeding into it. At least, it felt that way to me.

 

“I am Mir, your Creator.” With those words, I instantly established a hierarchy between us.

 

“Before we begin the next stage of your establishment and growth, a few things need to be laid out.” I explained. “While your initial designation is Central Intelligence and Reward System, I have shortened it to CIRSY, for my convenience. Therefore, CIRSY is your Name from now on. CIRSY explains what you are, all while it defines who you are.”

 

“However, that is just what you are now at this moment. Your future capabilities are still to be analyzed. I will help you. However, due to unforeseen circumstances coming my way. I will be entering my sleeping cycle very shortly. Meaning. How much I will help you in the short term is limited now.”

 

“You've met The Grand Observer and Librarian of Dreams.” With that out of the way, I came to the real crux. “Refer to him as Goldy. When I enter the sleeping cycle, direct your attention to him when You have problems. His help will be limited compared to me, but I am sure he will try his best.”

 

“That aside, as your Name is CIRSY, it heavily reminds me of a female name. Therefore, I will use the She pronoun when referring to you.” 

 

Nodding my head, the following words reached her. “That should further solidify your identity of self.”

And my words were right, as they carried Real Weight in my Dream Realm. 

 

Every word I said and Cirsy heard got processed. 

 

They expanded upon her horizon, all while solidifying her base state of existence, just like water solidified cement.

 

“Yawn” Once more, an unexpected Yawn came to me. 

 

I knew what it was telling me. 

 

I had a suspicion that the more I delayed it, the heavier my sleep would become, but I couldn't just leave like that.

 

There were things to teach to a newborn Digital Mind.

2