5. Future
1.4k 5 63
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The cloud of anger that muddled Kaede's more logical side rapidly disappeared as she realized what would have happened if her strange invisible had just a bit more range. Willing her vectors in her back.

The old lady was a woman she loved and thought of as the Grandma-like figure she didn't have in this life and her last life for that matter, she was a sweet, caring, headstrong, silly, and brutally honest woman.

The image of that same old lady, Aoi, dead, eviscerated with her guts spilled on the floor tile, her head decapitated. Horror filled her mind at what she nearly did, yet a small part of her being was disappointed it didn't happen to solidify this sensation of horror.

Her scarlet eyes focused on the puddle of blood and flesh around. She recalled every moment, every feeling, every sensation, the visceral joy she felt as she shredded the man apart like he was a dog chew toy. 

It was entirely deserved and she didn't feel anything but utter disgust at the dead man. No remorse or guilt at the act of torturing and taking the man's life.

But she couldn't lie to herself, she shouldn't have felt such positive emotion at the act of killing, yet she did. Not only that but it felt RIGHT in a very deep and twisted way, the idea of killing be it humans, ghouls, and all in between excited a new instinct in her to no end. 

When she acknowledged not being human it was a moment filled with intense and chaotic emotions not letting her time, brainpower, or mindset, to fully understand and digest the full implication. But now she could and it hit hard. 

This also made her remember random moments where she had murderous thoughts toward random people on the street, from babies to old people but she shrugged them off not thinking much of them. This wasn't new, since her rebirth these instincts were there, just buried and muffled. Ignored even.

Her second life not even had truly begun and was flipped upside down, all her plans for the future crumbled before her eyes. What will happen to her? 

Aoi must have already called her Mom and the authorities which boiled down to the same things, her Mom was a Chief Inspector of the TMPD, Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department. 

There was the involvement of a ghoul or whatever that abomination was, either way, the CCG will intervene. And she was part of the incident having killed the man, nobody of her knew that giving her an edge. No one will believe a defenseless little girl could do that without extremely convincing evidence. 

Her not being human will inevitably get out, and ying could only get you so far, if it wasn't already the case since this 'Doctor' was interested in her, which he or she knows about what makes her unique, she would find them and they were going to die.

It also put her Mom in danger, there was so much to think about, so much to plan and be paranoid of, it was suffocating. 

She didn't ask for any of that, a simple and peaceful life was all she wanted but clearly, she wasn't going to have that.

The incoming future will be hard and extremely bloody, which she was sure of. At least she wasn't a defenseless preteen anymore.

Gazing up at the blinking light bulb and destruction of the kitchen she stood up careful to not slip on the blood or pieces of flesh. 

Looking at the scarred old lady she was going to speak when the sound of a door being smashed open entered her ears. 

'Mom…', Kand thought, recognizing one of the voices as the one of her Mother, posing she thought about what was going to happen next, and with mixed feelings in her heart she ran at the voice. She needed someone, support, a pillar, someone she fully trusted.

Her feet left bloody footprints on the floor as she exited the kitchen. Stunning Aoi who could but stare at where the girl once was.

Arriving at the entrance she was met with her Mother in her civilian clothing, a gun in her hand, next to her was a man and woman also with guns she didn't know them but from their uniform they were cops. 

A bit earlier. 

The first thing Hoshiko noticed when she entered her home was the familiar pungent scent of blood, making her imagine the worst, the second was this invisible tension and pending silence. The phone call she received made her incredibly worried, her internal turmoil was broken by the distressed voice of her daughter.

"Mom! Da-Dad was… was killed! I-I…", Kaede cried upon arriving at the entrance, arms open, she latched at her Mother's waist and started to babble incoherently amid sobs. It wasn't acting on Kaede's part.

"Shh…Calm down… I'm here everything will be alright… You're safe… No one is going to hurt you.", Hoshiko said in a soothing voice crouching down to hug her daughter tightly, her mind filled with fear, shock, apprehension and so much more emotions that she didn't let out. 

At the same time, she made a head gesture telling the two next to act and call for reinforcement. She arrived here as fast as she could, probably breaking several rules but she could care less, her family came first.

And like this Kaede cried herself to sleep in her Mother's embrace.

_______________________

On a hospital bed, Kaed slowly woke up with the smell of chemicals found in the hospital, the ray of the sun hitting her right in the face. Groaning she put her back higher against the end of the bed and groggily opened her eyes.

She stared blankly at the white wall, getting her legs out of the blanket she hugged her knees, a bandage on one of her wrists, while the fresh memories of what happened flashed in her mind. A tear rolled down her cheek.

"Dad died and I'm a monster…", she mumbled, a depressing chuckle almost leaving her.

Thinking of the invisible hands, one like a limb she always had snaked out of her back, phasing through the wall she made it appear in her vision. Flexing each of the fingers, it was a surreal sensation yet at the same time natural. She had an innate control over it, bringing the three others she smiled slightly.

"Let's what the shitty future of this fucking world holds in store for me.", she said, this time a chuckle leaving her, she will survive.

63