Chapter 17
121 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Join the discord:https://discord.gg/JzyCkr4Vb5


"I was not an isekai hero, didn't crossover with my smartphone,  or have max level at the start nor a system to help me win; but why am I still alive." Shen Yue had fallen from a cliff about ten stories high.

His chest was laid open and bear to any carnivorous beast or demon that fancied human flesh. His legs were broken, no matter how much he willed it to move he physically couldn't move.

"Dam it!" tears were falling from his eyes.

Pain.

He wasn't used to this pain that left him on the edge of life and death at every moment. His breathing felt similar to that of his former asthmatic self except worse and it came with a sharp feeling with every breath he took. Shen Yue's dull grey eyes darted around, triggering after hearing the howls of wolves. He felt something glooming near him with his blueish grey hair in a wild state compared to his usual scholarly bun.

Family.

Love.

Hate.

Betrayal.

Foolishness.

These words individually created a certain feeling inside of him, a feeling he felt when he first crossed over into this world. A feeling when he consumed a little boy's soul and then after took upon himself to live out his life. He could imagine a knife in his hand, there was nothing more in his heart than wanting to be free from this pain, and the agony of his knowledge.

The knowledge that nothing and no one would or could save him haunted him more and more as he heard the howls of wolves slowly die out and quiet down. Now there was truly nothing

but him and the small dark figure  on a rock above him.

One minute, two minutes, five minutes, one hour, ten hours, Shen Yue continued to count in his mind the amount of time he was there lying down waiting for death. 3 days passed and he was able to move his legs, while he was asleep a cold yin energy would sink into his body and as if he was a dying plant being watered by the rain his body absorbed all of that energy especially his head.

Shen Yue slowly got up from the floor and positioned himself onto the rock that was above him, and with assistance of the rock pulled himself completely up seeing a wounded young bird. It had sleek black feathers with a straight tail and arched beak.

A strange feeling over swept Shen Yue and his instincts took over, carefully holding the baby crow close to his chest to keep it warm and that night the moon was a full one.

Both the crow and the human looked at each other seeing the pain in the others eyes and with that understanding quietly passed the day by. But something different happened that night with Shen Yue receiving more energy than usual and some of the energy going into the crow healing its wounds while giving it a deeper connection to the boy who held its wounded body in his arms.

When he woke up Shen Yue found that the bird was no longer in his arms and was back on the stone observing him.  Standing up Shen Yue found that he could move his limbs way more than the other day; so both he and the crow looked for food.

Luckily he didn't have to look for long and found blood colored berries in a few bushes, and recognizing them for being the berries he was originally looking for with his relative Shen Feng immediately collected them for himself and his new partner.

After eating and dividing the berries Shen Yue and the bird continued to hunt for food and good water.

"I have done it ." Thought Shen Yue to himself with a grin expressing his happiness of having both a cheat and having survived. The next thing on his agenda was to put together what he learned from this experience and figure out how his cheat works.

With his knowledge and cheat he was confident in leaving this place alive along with his new partner.

A few days later Shen Yue had come up with some theories about his ability. That was, it had something to do  with yin energy which dealt with the spiritual side of things. It would explain why his memory and learning capacity increased and the ice cold feeling in his mind whenever he was angered.

It kept him calm, fixing another of his previous life issues. But he was tired of forging fruit, and berries and wanted some meat so it was time to do something he never did in his previous life which was to hunt for food.

"Itachi, let's go." Shen Ye heard a caw in response as he readied himself with his equipment, in total he had 5 knives but he wanted a bow and arrow since it would make hunting a lot easier.

Shen Yue, with the crow following behind searched for an exit as they walked through the deep gulley where they spent the past week in.

Unfortunately today was blistering hot and it didn't help that his shoes went missing during the time he was unconscious so like numerous magicians he watched in his past life he had to walk across what he felt like burning hot coals.

After a few unbearable hours they found traces of water nearby on their path along with some animal dung. This discovery led Shen Yue to smile a bit as he looked towards the crow that was now perched on his shoulder.

Not a single word was needed and the crow understood the hidden meaning and flew off in search of an exit and came back crowing happily after an hour went by. On the right side of the gully 30 minutes ahead  was an area where he could climb up into the forest.

More importantly he could have the chance of finding some water so in between walking, and  climbing he meditated on himself and could feel the energy woven into his body.

This shortened his recovery time and allowed him to climb the gulley in a day before needing rest. Having exited the desolate gully he was greeted with a valley of green grass and trees, he could hear the numerous sounds in the forest but instead of his usual smile, he was determined to change his life and get his revenge.

In the next few days there were more berries and fruit and due to bamboo being nearby he was able to make a bow and a set of arrows. It was close to night when he finished, and although he knew it wasn't a good idea he was lucky to not have been attacked by any beast so far.

So with some confidence, after marking the location he was resting at he went away from camp in hopes of hunting a deer or something down.

Meanwhile somewhere in a forest a carnivorous beast standing 6 ft tall but with the shape of a pig it had a long blunt snout  with small eyes and large ears. Dripping from its mouth was the blood of it's prey.

It heard a sound that was a bit nearby and smelling the weak prey the monster smiled before heading off for more delicious food leaving the carcass behind.

This is what is called the law of the jungle.

1