Chapter 19
103 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Join the discord:https://discord.gg/JzyCkr4Vb5


While Shen Yue was making his way back from the forest, his relatives Shen Fei, Shen Xiu, and Shen Feng were splitting his property. Besides the business, Shen Yue was running, and some personal items like books or a few "treasures" he had collected there weren't much to have as an eight-year-old tycoon in the making.

On this hot, sunny day members of the sacred family and their staff could be seen collecting many books on a diverse set of subjects that were  "borrowed" from Shen Yue while he was researching reading for his pleasure. Meanwhile, the main branch staff and family members of the sacred family were arguing over the shares of the instrument business.

The man that spearheaded this reallocation was named Shen Ning, a disciple of The Main Affair Elder Shen Ming. Shen Ning was a young man in his teenage years considered one of the strongest of the sacred family younger generation and held the rank of silver two-star Demon Spiritualist.

Shen Ning had brown hair tied in the style of ancient Chinese scholars, his face naturally looked bored and tired like a salted fish and his body language screamed the need for rest and sleep.  But when his eyes were opened you could see a hint of an unstated urge that was off-putting but when it came to handling affairs such as this he was below only the old fogies that spent decades in the field.

"As the one who discovered this betrayal of the family, 20% of the funds we just found is not enough to equate to the merits I brought to the family  Shen Fie!

If not for my grief for our sibling the family would most likely never have found the money he hid alongside the business. "

Shen Fei's face slightly twisted in irritation before heading back to normal with a small smile. He had no reason to concede to Shen Feng's demands and if it wasn't for the fact that he could see his aunt who was fifth in terms of power in the family siding with Shen Feng then he would have just put the money in his pocket then and there.

"As a member of the Sacred family, since you use the resources we provided, the corresponding price needs to be paid as well. So it's a given to report the business and hidden profit to the family

. Unless you are saying that the  family hasn't taken care of you enough to garner your loyalty.?"

"Now  Shen Fei, don't you agree that's difficult and as the new second young master of the family Shen is entitled to at least this amount of the profits." Shen Xiu said with a worried look on her face, she was a fox through and through just like her demon spirit.

But at this point, She Ning spoke up. "I propose an agreement to be made, the business is split into thirty percent belonging to Shen Feng with the other sixty going to Shen Fei and leaving ten with the family."

"That's too much!"

"As a suspicious person for the murder of Shen Yue, you sure are talking a lot aren't you?"

After hearing this Shen Feng was silent although he expected this argument it still made his face chagrin when he heard it. It was time to bend and stretch in order for an advantage in the future. He must give up some benefits to Shen Fei.

"Nonsense and you of all people are aware of how "close" I was with elder brother Yue, at the very most I will only reduce by 10 percent. You are really leaving me without any face!" Shen Ning turned his head to Shen Fei who nodded in response to the newfound deal.

"Then the matter is settled, now if you excuse me I need to report to elder Ming." With that, the matter was settled and everyone got their benefits: Shen Fei got his fun money, Shen Feng got his drug money, and Shen Xiu got her "investment" money. Shen Fei walked out with Shen Ning to discuss upcoming issues and it was then that an item on the ground was noticed.

Deeply inspired and amazed at the item, Shen Fei picked it up and began observing it. It was a silver and gold token each with its own unique pattern that shined under the glistening sun, A spider with wings could be seen on one side and the other side had an image of a snake eating itself.

Handing the coin to Shen Ning, Shen Fei then opened his mouth, "within the month I need the details of this organization so go to the slums and check to see trails of Shen Yue. But the main priority is finding the organization no matter what method you use and infiltrating it with a spy. Or if it turns out this isn't an organization then just make a note and look for any clues."

"Yes Lord Shen Fei, I am on it right away."

Some time passes and the clouds change from white to a grey color and many places are getting out signs and food preparation of an upcoming dish whetting the appetite of the audience.

In the meanwhile, Shen Yue was entering the slums along with his pet crow called Itachi which was scarier than he thought.

So the first few days in the dirty houses, near disease-ridden citizens with unclean hygiene caused Shen Yue to struggle. His nose crinkled as his face frowned in slight disgust, carefully avoiding the poop and piss that littered the district he made his way to look for a clean drinking source of water.

Glory city for being considered a small city was huge and was as big as an average-sized state in the U.S.A so he needed to restock on supplies.

"Caw….Caw….Caw.." The crows of a crow could be heard as  Shen Yue and his Pet Itachi explored the slum district. There was hardly any water nearby that could be used as a source for drinking or growing plants. The surrounding area was dead and unfilled with life with most people being underground,  inside their homes, or "working" in the streets.

Strange winds blew constantly throughout the district and the dust could sometimes be swirling around certain residential areas. Some kids could be seen playing with a stitched-together ball while a few other kids could be seen playing this world's version of tag.

It reminded him greatly of his life in Phoenix Arizona, always hot bad smells from the freeway near his home and the trash or gunk people left near the bus stop by his home.  But he was getting really thirsty and didn't want to risk being robbed.

Thankfully his current clothes were in tatters held together by leaves and twigs creating a look of a poor person who somehow managed to get their hands on a bit of good-looking fabric. The look was common among poor children but the mismatched materials were not that high quality.

Coming to an abandoned alley Shen Yue stopped there to think about his new actions before coming to a decision with his crow Itachi.

"Caw...Caw...Caw..."

"We need to find water to drink, how about we blend in more with the local crowd before we start asking questions about where to find new clothes?"

To Shen Yue's luck there was a dead child's body in the very same alleyway he was in. Bruises and cuts over the body could be seen alongside a stab wound near the chest. The feet were bent in a weird way and combined with the bad smell and darkness of the alley Shen Yue got the jitters.

Nearing the body, he didn't know what to do with this dead child his age and height. Does he ignore it and look for some other clothes? Or does he strip the last dignity of the already cold corpses?

Sighing in his mind Shen Yue quickly swaps clothing with the dead child before using some of his newfound strength to bury him in a patch of soft dirt nearby. Besides dirty hands and a few blood stains and cuts on his clothing, he looked like a handsome boy born in the slums prime target for dark organizations looking for profit in any way they can.

Taking a knife out of his pocket he looked at the reflection of himself, a young boy with blueish grey hair alongside grey eyes as sharp as an eagle with long flowing hair. Picking up the knife he cut his hair near the start of his hair tie and with control of his muscles gave himself a decent haircut that looked like Hou Yuhou from soul land 2.

Making his way out the alley with a crow on his shoulder alongside a knife it was time to go hunting for resources, it was obvious he would have to stay here a few days and confident in his strength decided to take over a small gang territory that would allow him to have a place to rest and eat and drink while gathering resources.

"Sacred family, I'm on my way back, and Shen Feng you won't enjoy what's coming to you next."

0