Chapter 21
83 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Join the discord:https://discord.gg/JzyCkr4Vb5


Currently in the same plaza Shen Yue was in, there was a secret discussion going on in one of the buildings. The room chosen was elegant and filled with bottles of liquor, more specifically yellow liquor made from rice. There were two leather caouches facing each other both having one person on it and a wooden table with special engravings at the center between the two couches.

"Lei Hiu soon it will be time for the Lord to transfer once more and he demands a more suitable vessel than the stock we have currently." Zhou shin spoke while inwardly feeling weird about being in charge of this certain issue but he deserved it with all his current hard work.

Zhou shin and Lei Hiu were both high-level members of the Dark Guild founded by the demon lord who destroyed the red jade family all that long ago. Each member of the dark guild joined for different reasons but all joined for the common cause which was the destruction and reformation of the ruling class of glory city.

Zhou shin had long scholar-like black hair and sword-like eyebrows. His looks can be likened to Meng Hao from I shall seal the heavens the beginning but slightly more handsome.

Lei Hiu on the other hand had wooden brown hair and a regal-looking face and appeared to look similar to Xu Que from the ultimate scheming system.

"Zou, you know better than me, hastiness will only do harm towards this operation and as far as I know we currently have three options. One any branch member from the sacred family, two can be the guy that has the supreme physique, and three a talented commoner like the group usually chooses ." Lei Hui was also slightly troubled.

But with the options clear he was willing to wait longer despite his illness. With his current state giving him ten years to find a cure if he didn't use soul force and depending on how heavy the future injuries and how much sol force he used it can be even shorter.

"Let's try other options before we go for the one with the supreme physique. The fight there might be our last." Zhou shin responded

"I will start the search in the sacred family for someone useful, in the meanwhile look for some talented children here and teach them a few things according to standard practice." Lei Hui said before leaving quietly out the door and heading to the Star restaurant to meet with a contact.

The mood was depressing and uncertain for the future but Zhou shin had a steady gaze in his eyes filled with some determination because of his "newbie" status he needed to complete this mission well before his wish could be granted.

Meanwhile, Shen Yue was hanging out with Yang pin and Lou Mou both orphans being raised by an eccentric old man. Yang pin had both blond hair and green eyes, her face was average but stood out with her strong nose. Lou mou was also average looking with black hair and sword eyebrows but somehow despite the environment managed to keep clean clear skin.

After a week of playing with them and talking, Shen Yue found out a lot of information about this place. Some of the most important things were that there were three factions: The great families, the neutrals, and the black guild, a small subsidiary of the dark guild. In order to leave this slum area, they must prove themselves useful to either of the groups to gain access to training, a good place to live and a higher starting position during official recruitment.

The way to stand out was the "jobs" or missions that each resident had to complete in order to stay but if your rank or number of missions is high enough then you can allow up to two others to stay here for free, not including food and water.

Currently, the sky was a bright blue without many clouds and the three of them stood near a play pit meant for kids to play tag and run around. Pretty soon it would be time for Shen Yue to go on his first mission but was not aware that some of his actions made someone take notice of him.

"Yue Shen, our grandpa said although the first mission won't usually be difficult, there are always unexpected surprises to be careful and not hold back." Said Lou Mou with concern. Although he hated it not many orphan children survive the first mission. It pained him every time he made friends but he could only do his best to help the new kids that come by.

"No need to worry Mou, I have an accurate measure for myself." Shen Yue replied slightly annoyed at the name he gave himself but people in the world can be fooled with the name Li Nie so he should be just fine.

"Take it seriously, it's better to lose a limb and live than to end up dying because of face, or stupid mistakes. The death rate is 85% on the first mission and each mission gets more and more difficult." Yang pin ranted to Shen Yue, she was like the mom of the group and greatly worries whenever anyone is in danger and was a very thoughtful and selfless person.

"Ease your worries, what's face? Can you eat it after death?" Shen Yue responded back before walking off alongside Itachi, his crow that was perched on his shoulder. He arrived at the main building in about twenty minutes and after talking a bit with the receptionist accepted his mission.

Usually, the mission for a newbie was to deliver or steal an item or package to a certain person or group but this time was different due to the influx of recent members in order to cut down the numbers increased the difficulties of the mission.

Shen Yue had to assassinate a target and bring back a special package that was found to be on his target's person and although the person was not a high-level cultivator they still had pretty good physical fitness as an apprentice fighter.

"Let's try to get more info on Xu Dun and the area he lives. I need to know the environment, habits, and personality of my target to lower my chances of death but I doubt it would be as tough as the demon beast I killed." Thought Shen Yue in his mind before leaving to gather information.

0